News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bristol, WI. August 15, 16 2009

Started by colycat, August 14, 2009, 05:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

Seeing that the state boards are not available to everyone,  I thought this might be the best way to communicate with the shooters for this weekend.

Its going to be hot!!  If any of you have a pop up fly or shelter for shade, I think we can use it.  Remember to bring lots of fluids, sunscreen, etc.

See you all tomorrow.

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Yes hot and humid. Lots and lots of water and more water, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Sunscreen and hats.

See you all down there.

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

O0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

:)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

Wow what a great weekend at Appleseed. Congratulations to the 3 new Riflemen . Hope to see you all on the trail soon. Thanks to everyone for bringing a positive attitude and a great willingness to learn.

Congratulations to Aftermath on getting your RED HAT and I hope I get to work with you on the trail soon.

Thanks to all the orange hats for making this all seem so easy. Good job everyone.

A special thanks to Bristol Range and the Range officer's. Brad, Chick and Wayne and anyone I might of missed. This range is perfect for Appleseed and I hope you welcome us back soon.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Old Glory!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!  Wisconsin's Newest Redhat!

Congratulations Dragonfly! 

Old Glory!

Congratulations AFTERMATH!  Minnesota's Newest Red Hat.

The picture I have of you receiving your hat is so bad I cannot even post it, but at least there is a group shot with the new Red Hats. 

Minnesota Appleseed team is growing.   :~

More pictures......

Old Glory!

Congratulations Riflemen!

Old Glory!

Couple more

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

SavageShootr

CONGRATULATIONS AFTERMATH AND DRAGONFLY on getting the RED Hat!!
Sounds like a great shoot. Good job Team Wisconsin!!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Garand69

Excellent Shoot Wisconsin!!!! Great pics OG Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah

Congrats Rifleman! Remember, what you learn today, pass on tommorow O0

Congrats Red Hats! Great work Aftermath and as for Dragonfly, your transfer papers have been sent, see you and Deacon in Chillicothe, IL  O0

Thanks Brad for getting us in the door! And thankyou CCKC!!!! You have an excellent facility I look forward to helping out with many more Appleseeds there in the future.

I'm not sure what it was that made me feel so welcome, the fine hospitality of Colycat and his WI Instructor team or all those Illinois plates in the parking lot but you all made EEL and I feel very at home  **)

And of course Aftermath coming in from Minnesota to aid EEL and I in a Hammer and Anvil Border Raiding Offensive added to the success! I just got off the phone with Rand McNally and we are moving the Illinois border north a few klicks **)

A great bunch of shooters! Hope I get to shoot with you all again soon

And of course a great Instructor team to work with! Nice to finally meet you Trish, Deacon and Robbvious. See you all on the Trail <:)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

ahhshoot

Congratulations to the new red hats and riflemen. O0 Looks like a VERY successful weekend. :~
The past is only the future with the lights on.

dragonfly

Thanks Garand, and thanks for everyone coming up from IL and everywhere else.

As far as Rand McNally changing any maps I own enough stock in that company they will not make any change's without my approval, Ha, but you are all welcome any time.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Thanks ahhshoot, see you at Racine Aug.29-30

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

KodyJaret

Quote from: colycat on August 14, 2009, 05:23:04 PM
Seeing that the state boards are not available to everyone,  I thought this might be the best way to communicate with the shooters for this weekend.

Thank you Colycat.

KJ

OverThinker

Greetings, all! You may remember me as Kris, the guy shooting the 6.8 AR in Bristol.

I'd like to thank dragonfly and Deacon for giving me the extra individual attention that helped me get "over the hump" to rifleman. I'd also like to thank colycat and the other instructors for all of their fine work. Eel deserves special thanks since he ran my first Appleseed and is responsible for inspiring me to come to a second one.

I'll definitely be attending future Appleseeds. I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

dragonfly

Congrats and good shooting OverThinker, do'nt forget to look at the Appleseed schedule.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

dean

Congratulations to the new Red hats and the new Riflemen, but especially to my brother Ken and his son, Dan for earning the Rifleman patch. I wish I could have been there to see it...Are there orange hats in their future??....

Dean

AFTERMATH

Thanks to All who attended!
If it weren't for such a great group of students and instructors; I may have not been blessed with the new hat.

QuoteCongratulations to the new Red hats and the new Riflemen, but especially to my brother Ken and his son, Dan for earning the Rifleman patch. I wish I could have been there to see it...Are there orange hats in their future??....

Dean

Dean, thanks for getting them there!
I have an extra Orange Hat, if either would like to take it up.
(Tell them it's best they take it volluntarily; before I find my stapler ::))

I'll have my full-report(w/pics?) up soon!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

EEL

At the risk of "One more itis".....

I cannot aptly put into words what Appleseed and the quality of Americans it draws has done for my faith in sustaining the American Way.  From our great neighbors to the north (yes Aftermath, even the WAY north), to the shooters that travel long distances, to Instructors willing to volunteer week after week. 

The pay?  Watching a "Rifle owner" become a Rifleman, step up and take an Orange Hat, work weekend after weekend at shoots near and far, and then humbly accept a Red Hat.  It's posts like Kris' that are all the pay an Instructor could ask for.  Knowing that you have awakened at least 1 American at each and every shoot is more than enough compensation.  Knowing that another Rifleman, or Riflewoman, stands at the ready to help save our country.

Remember, no ONE has to do it all.  No ONE can do it all.  But if we can get 1 million Americans to all do a little, we can accomplish more than we ever dreamed possible.

It was a pleasure and an honor to be at this shoot.  A fine group of Instructors.  A fine group of shooters.  A fine group of Americans!   O0

Respectfully,
EEL

P.S.  OG, this doesn't mean we've scrapped the plans for a complete annexation of Wisconsin  >:D  Just seeing if we can lull ya'all into a false sense of security!  Stay vigilant  :o  Racine is only a couple short weeks away !!!
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

JoeZ

Great job Dragonfly and Aftermath see you soon.

Good job to the three riflemen.

Hello again EEl and Garand.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

EEL

Why JoeZ...........That almost sounded like a   "Hello Newman!"   ;D   

Don't worry, when we take over,  the transition will be painless.   **)   **)   **)   **)   **)

Look forward to working with you again soon.

EEL

dragonfly

Thanks, JoeZ. See you at Racine.

EEL just keep thinking that way, relax take it easy, our Committee Of Observation is getting stronger every day.

All you Appleseeder's, there is still room at Racine on Aug. 29th and 30th. It's just a little further north than Bristol and   another Appleseed, while all those tool's are still fresh in your head. I know I would be there.

Hope to see you there.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Old Glory!

Less is busy again!  Following through, holding the trigger back, calling the shot!  Now don't take that finger off the trigger, but just release it til you hear the click - then squeeeeze again!

Check this out:
http://www.mcsa56.org/

Less, you need to PM Funfaler and make sure that you let him know you are the new promotional guru for the Great Lakes Region.   &) :)

The MCSA is such an interesting group!  Sportsmen without a home range, who write one minute letters.  I know you do much more, but that is so cool!

EEL, Garand, Aftermath:  Focus your EYES on the IL/MN Appleseeders; they will be sharp!  The border WILL BE BLURRY!  Focus your MIND on keeping the sharp IL/MN Appleseeders on the blurrry border.   ;)

Dragonfly, Deacon, Robbvious, LibbyT - don't take your eyes off the IL instructors; Colycat, Griffin, Trisha and Ahhshoot - look after the MN border.   JoeZ, Turbo, Muskyjerk, Colorado - you've got Eastern WI.  FEpowered, Bedford - the Fox valley and north to MI.   Overthinker, fill in where you can!  IL thinks WI is a pushover?! &) Hardly!  We're building our three Rifleman teams!  But we could sure use some help WI.  As you can see IL and MN have been holding our hands as we gain momentum.
C'mon MRC, Regimund, Tallbaldone, JohnnyBlades, tmerlock, kilogulf59, truckrjoe, hardware, bahbec, forcon, bronk, Scott, and all the rest of the WI Appleseeders.

Sheesh guys, if you don't step up, next thing you know, one of those border raiders is going to take up WI residence and run for governor.  :o

Really now IL/MN, WI AS would not be where it is today without you.  WI can blame thank The Guy on that one too.  He started it, and even does a little raiding himself now and again (we hope) for an IBC.

EEL

OG,
If it's any consolation.....
We are also branching out to the south.  I know a certain SB that owns land in soon to be "Illinois South".  Formally known as Missouri. 

Iowa.  Hmmm, Garand we need to start looking west too   >:D   >:D   >:D

Less......OUTSTANDING write up!   O0  WOW !     If you can put it on your calendar, we have Racine, 4 more at Ottawa, and 1 at the ISRA range still on tap for this year.  Plus you may want to make the drive to Osage for the week long Boot Camp in Oct.  All in easy driving distance from Chicago area.

dragonfly

Less great article. Thank's for all the help in getting things going with the Conservation club of Kenosha. It is the perfect setting for Appleseed. I hope they have us back soon.

Hope to see you on the trail soon.

Take care,

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

This was another great Appleseed! The range was wonderful and I hope we get to have more there next year. It was hot, but everyone stayed hydrated.

It was great to see a boy who is almost fifteen go from not knowing how to shoot to shooting a 184 on his last AQT. To see that much dedication in a teenager is remarkable.

Congrats to the three new Riflemen. Ken I knew you would get it this weekend!

We had a great group of shooters and I do hope they all will continue to show their support for Appleseed and grab their buckets!

Aftermath, Dragonfly once again congratulations on your Red Hat and I do hope to work with you two in the future.

It was great to finally meet you EEL and Garand, I always hear about you two from Colycat, OG and ahhshoot so it was finally nice to meet who they are talking about. I can't wait to work with you two again.

Deacon, and Robbvious I can't wait to hear you two do more history! I can't wait to work work with both of you two again too.

Less

Hi folks, thanks for the links and encouraging words...

Here is some good news: The President of the CCKC board, Stan, really liked the event and I think that is a great start to getting back into Bristol in the future. BTW, I think that next year I'll be pledging my time to Bristol as a Skirmish Field RO. Please don't hesitate to contact me or Brad about running another event.

I know I'll be practicing to pass my AQT - I know that the second day left me pretty burnt out and I didn't perform nearly as well as I hoped...

EEL and Garand - I'll see what I can do with the ChicagoAppleseed page and drop some PM's for you later on.

Cheers Everyone, look for Part 2 in the next few days...

Garand69

Quote from: Less on August 19, 2009, 07:16:12 PM
Hi folks, thanks for the links and encouraging words...

Here is some good news: The President of the CCKC board, Stan, really liked the event and I think that is a great start to getting back into Bristol in the future. BTW, I think that next year I'll be pledging my time to Bristol as a Skirmish Field RO. Please don't hesitate to contact me or Brad about running another event.

I know I'll be practicing to pass my AQT - I know that the second day left me pretty burnt out and I didn't perform nearly as well as I hoped...

EEL and Garand - I'll see what I can do with the ChicagoAppleseed page and drop some PM's for you later on.

Cheers Everyone, look for Part 2 in the next few days...

That's great news Less and by the way great work on the McHenry co and Chicago site. I will be feeding your in "the loop" now, so check your PM's regularly  <:)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz