News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bristol, WI. August 15, 16 2009

Started by colycat, August 14, 2009, 05:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

At risk of blowing the Illinois(uck's) bubble....
This shoot was not another knot in the rope for them.  Shame on them.... &)
In fact, it was a glorious weekend for Minnesota, um, Wisconsin. @)
No, no; it was a Glorious weekend for America.

The line was packed full of Patriots, firing shots(by the numbers) in the name of Liberty.

Congratulations to the three men, amongst men, who made the cut and scored Riflemen.  It is an honor, and a priviledge;
as well as a responsibility to be amongst such a rare species of men/women.  The ball is in your court now; I hope you make good use of it.

For some this weekend was about building fundamental marksmanship skills.
For others, it was about perserverence.
For all, it was about Freedom and Liberty.

Hearts and Minds; was the theme at Bristol's first shoot.  And I believe it really hit home.
And I'm not sure it was mentioned here; but not only was this the first Appleseed at Bristol;
it was the first time in History that rifles had been shot on that particular portion of the range!
I thank you guys for having us; and look forward to seeing Bristol on the schedule many times in the near future.

To all who didn't score Rifleman; Persist! Dry-fire(by the numbers) and you will be amazed at the improvement.
And remember your Steady Hold Factors!

Check out the Appleseed schedule; and when you're ready; take a trip to Minnesota so we can get you that patch. ;)

Colycat ran an excellent shoot, as always.
All the IIT's and IT's were great!
Dragonfly, got his long-awaited Red Hat. Very well deserved! O0
Trisha will have hers soon, as well.

I guess, there's not much left for me to cover.(I only have one pic. that really adds anything to the story)
All and all, another glorious weekend on the Appleseed Trail.

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Garand69

Oh sure, take the high ground Aftermath  @)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

colycat

I will have to admit that I was a little nervous about running an Appleseed with (almost)all the attendees coming from the Chicago area.  Was this going to be the shoot where people show up demanding firearms, mats, and food? The intitlement mentality?  Well I should,nt have worried.  Real Americans showed up, ready to learn, ready to listen.  Everyone gave everything they had to the weekend, shooting through the heat and sun, drinking gallons of water and smiling till the end.  All RIFLEMEN, EVERY ONE.  Its just a matter of practice and 1 or 2 more Appleseeds for the patch.

But, the Rifleman skills will mean nothing if you keep it to yourself.  You have to share what you have learned with others and the easy way is to take the Orange Hat and help us out.  Teaching your fellow citizens to shoot and make this great country, "a nation of Riflemen" O0

Thanks to all who came and learned and to the instructors who worked so hard for the shooters.

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Garand69

Quote from: colycat on August 24, 2009, 10:03:43 AM
I will have to admit that I was a little nervous about running an Appleseed with (almost)all the attendees coming from the Chicago area.  Was this going to be the shoot where people show up demanding firearms, mats, and food? The intitlement mentality?  Well I should,nt have worried.  Real Americans showed up, ready to learn, ready to listen.  Everyone gave everything they had to the weekend, shooting through the heat and sun, drinking gallons of water and smiling till the end.  All RIFLEMEN, EVERY ONE.  Its just a matter of practice and 1 or 2 more Appleseeds for the patch.

But, the Rifleman skills will mean nothing if you keep it to yourself.  You have to share what you have learned with others and the easy way is to take the Orange Hat and help us out.  Teaching your fellow citizens to shoot and make this great country, "a nation of Riflemen" O0

Thanks to all who came and learned and to the instructors who worked so hard for the shooters.

Colycat

Sure Coly .... Build me up in PM's and tear me down out in the open  **) EEL!!!!!!!!Pappy!!!!!!!  I need cover fire 12 o'clock ^-^
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

pmurray0511

Learned plenty and plan to practice more. Note to self. Use ammo that is NOT steel (Wolf) so I can use my AR-15 as a modern rifle and not a muzzle loading single shot AR-15. Thanks AFTERMATH for your help!

colycat

P murray,

You did have your problems.  I would be will to take some of that wolf off your hands this weekend in Racine.  If you cant make it the whole weekend, how about Sunday?

Welcome to the forum and to Appleseed.

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Glory!

SHOOTERS!  Your preparation period begins NOW!  The weekend is coming up......is the CCKC calling you back?   Wonderful range.  Time to practice!

Also there has been a last minute cancellation at the Racine Appleseed August 29-30, so there will be room for more shooters there; walk-on registration welcome. :)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

Pictures compliments of Less....
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion