News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Zoom Lecture:Founding Martyr: The Life and Death of Joseph Warren....

Started by BluegrassColonel, April 05, 2022, 09:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluegrassColonel

The American Revolution Institute of the Society of the Cincinnati is presenting a lecture on one of the most important early Patriots of the War of Independence - Dr. Joseph Warren.

Below you will find a link to the page to register.  Please note that you must click on the link in the body of the description that states: "Click here for virtual registration."

The description page is here: https://www.americanrevolutioninstitute.org/event/authors-talk-founding-martyr-the-life-and-death-of-joseph-warren-the-american-revolutions-lost-hero/?rsvp_sent=1

The Zoom registration page is here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_VXKmlRQSR6eGqxfmvQ7cjA

If you fill in the information at the bottom of the description page you are registering to attend the lecture in person.

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
"Bluegrass Colonel"
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

ItsanSKS

Do you know if there are plans to record the meeting and share it?

6:30 EST is 2:30 Alaska time, and I think my boss would be upset if I started watching this an hour before my shift was over...
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Nashville Stage

Quote from: ItsanSKS on April 05, 2022, 10:32:27 PM
Do you know if there are plans to record the meeting and share it?

I don't think they've done so in the past (which is a shame). I'll be working as well during that time, but I'll see if I can get an OBS screen capture of it for ya.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Crazyduckhunter

kniwolf

Nashville Stage

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UFSmcqckqaA

Be aware that the audio quality is really bad. (I had nothing to do with it). However, it does get a little better when the main presenter starts.

I got this email today:
"If you missed the recent lecture, "Founding Martyr: The Life and Death of Joseph Warren, the American Revolution's Lost Hero," given by Christian Di Spigna, or if you would like to watch it again or share it with friends, a full video of the lecture and Q&A is now online. The video is available on our website as well as our YouTube Page. It is one of dozens of videos of lectures and other programs we have hosted exploring aspects of the American Revolution and its legacy that we make available for scholarship, classroom use, and general interest."
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

ItsanSKS

Thanks for posting this!

There has been a dearth of scholarly information on Dr. Joseph Warren, and I am pleased that Christian Di Spigna has such a keen appreciation for the role that Dr. Warren played in fomenting the rebellious spirit within the colonies. 

While the audio for this presentation may not be the best, it is far better than I would have expected.  This was an excellent presentation that put forward many new ideas and revelations about the life and accomplishments of a great man who many know very little about.

His book on Dr. Warren is now on my to-buy list. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."