News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BADLANDS SHOOTING EVENTS

Started by oldgrunt, March 09, 2009, 04:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgrunt

LOL well there were ladies of the day that knew what they were about....Even the brits of that day couldnt belive a Little lady could take a group of the kings finest..

I see it in you  ;)lol your Patchin out and with a pink hat on lol Appleseed style of course.. Drive safe ...And have Toll money seeya at the camp

Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

ARshooter

I'm signed up for both Saturday and Sunday.

I was at the one a month ago at OKC GC but didn't score rifleman. Taking a 22 this time to focus on the fundamentals.

For Sunday, since we're shooting so far out, would a CMP M1 Garand be a good choice? I wouldn't mind taking some 1000 yard shots, but I don't really think my Garand is much more accurate than was necessary back in WWII.

I bet I'll be seeing some familiar faces at this one. See yall then.

One last question. Is the range fee $10 to cover BOTH days or $10 EACH day ($20 total)? This is what is shown on the event registration page and I think this is the same message that was used on the last Appleseed.

"Range Fees for this event: $10.00 for Both days"

oldgrunt

On Saturday we will collect the fees and if the flyer did say that but it Pre the landowner so I'll make sure to find out but for the use of this range its cheap . So if he want 20 I think its fare..As for the CMP rifles  you'll be amazed as to what it can do.Look up the Ballistics on the 30.06 .You might be surprised When you see it smack way out there.

Once sunday comes you'll be more than ready to shoot the Rifleman's Quarter mile with that old WW2 battle rifle lol..Thanks for coming back out and I hope you can shoot one Aqt before lunch comes ..I think you be getting a patch soon .Lots of the shooters from the OKC shoot were well on the way of making it..I take it you just cant stand not having one of your own...

Seeya all soon please drive safely OHP will slow you down at a price...If your leaving early this Friday .I would say stop off at the Black hills and see the critters from Buffalo to a town of groundhog just right there too see. But that's just one of the many places to see..You'll even drive by the Army schools as you drive by lawton.They even have things to do and see there ..

Hope that helped ..I look forward to seeing all of you soon .OH and Eathan bring your Shooting bags we might play a game or two ..

Just look for the signs I think it will be pretty easy finding it .Enjoy the sunrise it will get warm fast ..The campfires are ok right now just be safe about it..

Thanks
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

OK, LISTEN UP GUYS, CAMPING PLANS HAVE CHANGED...

The camp site has changed -- Sheriff Whittington is letting us camp right on the 1000 yard range where we will be shooting all weekend, rather than at the old site, which is farther away.  The directions on the flyers and on the registration site lead to the OLD camp site (the one we're not using).  However, you take the same county road off the highway to get to both sites, so MOST of your directions are still good.  You will still turn North onto County Road NS 232 off of Highway 70, and just watch for the signs.  They will direct you to the right location.  For those of you who have been to Grandfield before, we are not using the old camping spot by the pond.  We will be camping right on the range.  This should save everyone some time and let us get started more promptly both days.

Once again, if any of you have any trouble finding your way or any other concerns, just give OG or I a call.  Our numbers are posted in this thread.  I will not be on site until later tonight (probably around 9:00), but OG should be there earlier this afternoon.

See you all there, and keep your powder dry! ;)

Daniel
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oldgrunt

ok all is set and we are well on the way to being ready to go come 830am....

theres nothing but time now hope you all make it out to the event .. Its only getting better more steel and way more room than ever before..WOW Badlands rolled out the carpet for us again..I just love this place...

Call us up if you get turned around and need some help getting in ....Everyones here and ready to help

Thanks to all that helped us get ready...Nothing left but a brass burn and countless AQT's..lol In 45 mph winds ..yep thats oklahoma and we shoot no matter what...

GOD BLESS   

OG ....OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

As of satutday we had 20 plus shooters with 2 rifle men...Now that said would someone turn the fire hose offfffffff!!!!!!!! 35 mph winds and never let up....we all ran to town after the last Aqt..Radar isnt looking good kinda feels like a Rbc at davilla?lol 2oh nine 11 oh nine ...lol well its off to a warm bed look for more later just wanted to share...oldgrunt wet worn and beat down but still ready for more of the riflemen's dance..strike up the band manestro
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oktx

Would have loved to stay longer but really didn't want to end up stuck in the middle of nowhere with the road flooded out.  Still, I did learn some things and will keep plugging away.  Thanks for everything, including the pink hat.  If it wasn't still raining today, I'd be out shooting again.  Good news is school is out soon then I have the whole summer to practice.  Yay!

oktx

And thanks for the 5 free magazines tip!  I found the flyer on the S&W site!  Who doesn't love free stuff!   O0 O0 ;D

oldgrunt

This isnt a AAR just a few notes...WE HAVE 4 NEW RIFLEMEN but 7 total.....And 3 reafirmed"Instructors" We had to shoot a few so we could have the purple patch...Figured if they can lay in the mud and rain so should we..And the story of the weekend is that the rain didnt stop and neither did we...Lots of pics and video .. the volley was great and the redcoat we use told just that....Any of you that need patches plzz PM me with addresses I'll work on getting them for us....We are now closing the clubhouse and the ranges are cold .. Thanks to all that made this happen..

On the other side of this we will be coming back soon...I would like input on when you would like to shoot this event again..I would love to have 50 plus in good weather.. So go find a overhead cover and get ready to shoot in the heat....Walmart has them for 90 bucks something to think about..

Look for the events to keep poppin up ...from harrah to okc and USSA in tulsa..And if anyone has  contact in sallisaw plzzzz tell travis we miss him and need to come back ??Sallisaw was great the times I was there..well 250 mile till I find my bed  ..seeya all real soon..

One more  April 19th shoot in the books........and the message was sent to all that came.. 7th step folks dont forget ...

GOD BLESS

ONE WORNOUT WET OLDGRUNT......LOL ..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

K98Al

This was a great shoot! Hat's off to all who showed in spite of the, well, inclement weather. There were so many knocking on the door of that Rifleman patch, and working hard in tough conditions to improve. I have NO doubt that the folks who worked so hard in the mud and wind this weekend will PERSIST and sharpen their skills to beat 210. What a great, dedicated bunch of shooters, and two young men that stayed throughout are a great example for us old guys.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

JuniperLimb

Wish we could have been there, rain and all.  Just so you know, we were with you in spirit shooting a bolt action that hubby's grandfather built.  Still wishing we had been on the line though.

henschman

I don't think I've been that muddy since I was a kid!  Good times. 

I'm glad we actually had students.  When I saw how miserable the weather was, and that it was expected to stay that way all weekend, I thought we might just end up with an Instructor Boot Camp! 

I'm looking forward to the pictures. 

I hope nobody caught pneumonia.  If you did, it was for a good cause.  :)
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

Scarecrow

Splish splash I wuz takin' a bath,
(squish,squish)Snorkle and pericsope in the rangebag for next time.
(squish,squish)Mud flaps and flood maps.
(squish,squish)Mae West? check.
(squish,squish)JATO thrusters, check.
(squish,squish)Are those Navy SEALS or 'seeders on the line?

3pm volley made the weekend for me - Is that rain on my face or something else?
Clean that rifle before it becomes a tomato stake!!!

Worth the effort.
Hats off to those who scored Rifleman in the weather.  O0

oldgrunt

Did someone say it was a mudfest?lol well it was from jeeps and trucks just stuck to targets blowin off the backers.But we made riflemen 7 all together 3 of were Instructors..I will try to post more later seems everything I have is covered in mud and sand.I have to clean my rifles first off I hate rust ...

I cant say enough how much I would like to thank all that came to shoot and those that worked the event..LETS JUST HOPE WE GET THOSE PURPLE PATCHES WE EARNED THE HARD WAY......Even if we didnt get the shootbox we were to have gotten we still did it like we had one..lol Sure would have been nice to have something to give to all the shooters that came .. Like I said if it were up to me each one that shot would have been give a patch it was crazy weather..I kept looking for lightening and a twister but didnt see nothing but fog and heavy rains ...

I hope to see a few of you at the next shoot I think it will be dry and hot for sure...

Well look for more pics and such from Dalesp and myself I got a few fine photo's of the event ....Nothing like seeing a rifle in the mud with half the scope under water .And then to see a shooter shake it off and go back to shooting ..

Till then Keep your powered dry and your sights on the target ....

Oldgrunt ..out  
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

JuniperLimb

Anxious for the AAR so I can see those pics!

boom-mug

I bet those pics don't contain anyone holding a target in their hands!

I look at the weather on pictures from the other AARs and I'm jealous.   :)

oldgrunt

I will try too post a AAR somewhere you all can see it..I posted a few pics and video .But since Ive been back I had to call and drive to see ranges and talk to contacts.So we might have a few near stillwater and OKC soon .So help talk it up dont no how much time will have to Promote them .As it sounds we will have plenty to fill a line at either location ..Not to say we will turn anyone away I havent  and dont plan on doing that ever.

Thanks to all thats helped in the past few months things are growning fast ..IIT and Redhats we need to find more folks to go to RBC's and IBC's.The more we Instruct the better our skills.

For the ones that did take pictures and stuff try to post them on facebook or photbucket .They are trying to save everything we got .Seen some of the pictures make it in booklets and flyers never know you might make the next printing of the Newspapers The rwva makes

Seeya all soon ....like maybe in a few weeks? Stillwater just might happen
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

dalesp

Here's my pics . . finally.
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

POP

Dale:
Fantaaaastic Fotography!   O0
I particularly like the one of OG and the young fellah in the blue pancho showing off his challenge coin and kid's patch.  That one - #076 - should go into the books.

Be sure and point this one out to Mogget.  I know she will want to put this into the promo for next year. 

POP
:~ :~ :~ ^:)^

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

oldgrunt

COOOOLLLLL thanks for the post Dalesp ..Everyone that tested for IIT or redhat have been promoted..Look for the change soon and get ready for the next level....Oh and look for a new event to pop up soon...I'll need all the help I can get and yes I know its not going to rain either ..lol  seeya soon..

side note I'm at the tac conf. in Tulsa Massad Ayoob was thanked  for the write up ..He shared some of his Ideas on Appleseed good talk.And he's very Impressed with us as a whole....
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

JuniperLimb

Looks like you had a great time playing in the mud!

oldgrunt

Yes it was ..Guess they dont want to talk to much about it...lol Figured there be pages of "Oh my rifle all rusted up " Or more of the same lol ..But it is Oklahoma and it will rain and then rain so more..

Wont be long and it will be sunny and warm ...So dont forget the sunblock

seeya soon Sallisaw might be where we endup ..

Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

oldgrunt

Ok you asked for it And here you gooooo..Nov 20th weekend ...Yep all the same rules apply and if you want a bed get there early....lol  I will have sleepin arrangement's for the ladies....We will Post new flyers but the SAME INFO IS ON HERE FROM THE YEARS PASSED.....Seeya soon and yes April19th shoot will be there .....More to follow ..thanks bobby
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

Scarecrow

We've had wind and rain/mud @ Badlands.
Next up early snow and a winterseed perhaps.
I'm ready.
We need an emoticon with a parka and icicles. :)

oldgrunt

Ok folks its a gooooo.I have the first wave of papers flying around ..I dont think anything will hold us up on this event other than the ladies would like a side of the club house for them...NOT a problem ....I will post more as things all come together..Bring coats and sleepin bags that way if it gets cool everyone will be warm...lol I know we can fit 50 plus shooters and if we have more walkons ..I can see us pulling 100.....Not that its been done yet but I know the crew in this state can handle it..Seeya soon and print the flyer's and spread the word we are coming back ......

Oldgrunt out....
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oktx

Good work, OG!  Dunno if I'll make it.  Weekend before Thanksgiving and need to get house ready for visiting relatives.  We shall see though... the call of the smell of gunpowder in the morning is pretty strong.  LOL. 

henschman

My family is actually having our Thanksgiving get-together that Saturday (Hensches actually doing something early rather than late?  Wierd  #)), so I will have to miss the first day of the shoot.  I will either come down Saturday night or early Sunday morning, though... yes, I will let you guys do all the hard work on Saturday, and show up in time to play with the 1000 yard steel!   >:D

henschman

Well, I got myself out of the planned Thanksgiving festivities... Matt and I will be heading out tonight.  If anybody needs anything or has trouble finding the range, campground, or bunkhouse, give me a call.  The 1000 yard human silhouettes await.  4o5 88o o5o6.

henschman