News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eatonville, WA Known Distance AAR June 29/30 2019

Started by Kimber Custom, June 26, 2019, 02:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Looking forward to our first Known Distance clinic in WA state this weekend.

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. 40% chance of showers on Saturday but here in the PNW I think we can handle that.

See you on the line.

Kimber Custom

A dozen patriots came out for our inaugural Known Distance clinic at the Upper Nisqually Sportsmen's Club. 2 new KD Riflemen were forged and 3 re-affirmed their skills. It was a fantastic weekend of shooting. The heat took a toll Sunday and some 'adverse field conditions' required some flexibility but everyone rolled with the punches. Each day started with 2 Morgan Shingle hits - Nice work Devon and Sarah - Bruz hit the shingle both days  :bow:

After our shingle shot on Saturday we went to the 25m line to ensure we had everyone on paper. Next we went right over to 300 and guess what? EVERYONE had hits in the black  :cool2: So neat to see what we teach in concept shows up on paper at distance. Things just got better from there.

Time monkey taxed us late in the afternoon Saturday as the walks to the line got longer. We didn't manage any 400 yard work Saturday.

After the Sunday shingle shot, we went back to 25 to make sure nothing drastic had changed. Another confirmation of near and far zeros. We finished Saturday at 300. We went back to 25 and groups were fairly spot on. We then got our 400 yard data and finished up or first AQT. 2 more AQT's and a little North Bridge rattle battle - the enthusiasm for that particular course of fire was low. The heat had started to kick in by the point. 

We finished off the day with a 100 yard redcoat - scaled representation of 400, 800, 1200 and 1600 yard shots. Have yet to see anyone clear a redcoat at 100 but we came close this weekend.

Special thanks to Tom for all of the LBOTG work to get us the range and backers.

Shout out to Kenjo and Tionico for stepping up to help instruct.

Congratulations to Hubble for passing his IPC and earning his red hat (to be presented - shooters had left before we finished the interview)

Sorry for allowing modern politics to enter the fray this weekend. With the 1639 going into effect today it was difficult to keep the political rhetoric to the specific topic at hand.

I took some pictures that can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SEvKo8658i7mBcpx7

We have a Qualification day at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in a couple of weeks - no instruction; just come out at shoot AQT's. Hope to see you on the line.

HUBBLE

What a fantastic weekend! It was astounding working with a group of experienced Applseeders. Watching Devon and Sarah strive for distinguished patches was akin to watching great artists paint. Beautiful shooting. Matt your skills are phenomenal, scoring the best Red Coat Ben has ever scored at a KD(a shingle shy of clearing at 100 yards). Thanks to all who attended and I look forward to seeing you again. HUZZAH! :F
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin

Requalified: 6/20/21

GTEngineer

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Feldrian

As always, thanks for hosting this event. The time Appleseed instructors devote to the community is commendable.

Very proud to have earned my Rifleman patch at a KD and I'm looking forward to coming out again in the future. I'll definitely bring my supported position gear with me next shoot - I really want to clean a redcoat at 100 and I'm still frustrated I missed the damn shingle. I blamed the 1.25MOA center dot for not being able to convert, but that's really just an excuse.

... I think I might still have bruises from Will's SKS brass!

watzizzname

Quote from: Feldrian on July 09, 2019, 03:30:14 PM
... I think I might still have bruises from Will's SKS brass!

PSL, not SKS comrade.  ;D