News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Townsend, WA JCSC Feb 10-22, 2017 AAR

Started by janer, January 29, 2018, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

The first Appleseed of the year at JCSC is Feb 10-11.  Hope to see you there.

DevonErik

Hey, Sara and I bought tickets for Coupeville in November, but missed when I came down with the flu : https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=52455.0

Okay if we drop in Sunday for this one instead?

(Sara's consistently shooting 210s and 220s in practice, so time to officially get that patch!)
1st Appleseed:            01/27/2017 - Eatonville, WA
Rifleman:                     02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
Cleared 1st Redcoat:  02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
1st KD:                        03/10/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR
KD Rifleman:                07/13/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR

"Your level of accomplishment is what you did once. Your level of competence is what you can do all day, every day, and any day."

"Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without."

janer

Earl

... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

janer

Congratulations to new rifleman Sara who shot 222 on the first AQT of the weekend.  Huzzah!  We also had two repeat riflemen Devon and Al. 

Thanks to all for coming out and sticking it out through the cold.  Jon, you are so close, hope you can make it back to another Appleseed. 

We had several knocking at the door with 190+ scores.  Everyone showed improvement.  The groups were getting smaller all weekend.  Hope to see you all back again.

DevonErik

Persistence and a specially-made light rifle paid off!

In other notes, Rifleman is by no means the end of the journey. Skills require constant upkeep. I shot poorly all morning until I realized I was over-tightening my sling and inducing muscle strain to hold my position... then came back with a 233. It's easy to introduce that one error that throws everything off...

Picture of happiness:

1st Appleseed:            01/27/2017 - Eatonville, WA
Rifleman:                     02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
Cleared 1st Redcoat:  02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
1st KD:                        03/10/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR
KD Rifleman:                07/13/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR

"Your level of accomplishment is what you did once. Your level of competence is what you can do all day, every day, and any day."

"Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without."

Earl

DATE is wrong, this is 2018, and is difficult to find as listed. :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.