News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA Nov 2017 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, November 08, 2017, 02:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Looking forward to another weekend at the Central Whidbey Sportsmen's Association this weekend. http://www.cwsaonline.org/ Weather is looking a little damp but we will persevere. See you on the line.

Kimber Custom

How was the weather better than expected and worse at the same time? Less rain - more wind. 11 patriots braved the cold to come out and learn about marksmanship and their heritage as riflemen.

Despite some equipment issues Travis pulled out our high score of 224 (226 w/.30 cal). Even though the forge only turned out 1 Rifleman (nice job Travis) we also got a new Red Hat and Orange Hat. Congratulations Will for all of the hard work. Thank you Frankie for stepping up.

There was marked improvement by our youth shooters. When they really buckled down and focused on the 6 steps they shot well. When they rushed through the AQT - well, marksmanship suffered.

Port Townsend is just a ferry ride away if you want to try again next month. Otherwise; I trust we will see you guys in 2018.

I managed a few pictures - https://photos.app.goo.gl/sCrbUp87TNAKUTXn1 Flipper will post up the Rifleman and Instructor pictures soon.

watzizzname

Another great weekend at Coupeville!

Thank you to all the shooters that came out and persevered through the wind and rain. Even though Travis was the only person to leave with a new patch, I saw improvement from everyone on the line. Between now and your next event dry practice is your friend. Remember the six steps of firing a shot and work on your transitions.  I look forward to seeing all of you at future events.

Also, Matt... Blue loctite.  ;D

DevonErik

We were sorry to miss it, but I came down with something all weekend. Hopefully we can make the next one.
1st Appleseed:            01/27/2017 - Eatonville, WA
Rifleman:                     02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
Cleared 1st Redcoat:  02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
1st KD:                        03/10/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR
KD Rifleman:                07/13/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR

"Your level of accomplishment is what you did once. Your level of competence is what you can do all day, every day, and any day."

"Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without."