News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

*** Texas IBC This March ***

Started by Ghostring, January 23, 2018, 06:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

Our very own Weezer did such a good job of this last year, I'm gonna crib it for 2018... :)

The 48th annual (okay, not really) Texas IBC will be held on
March 10 - 11, 2018
at the World Famous
Central Texas Rifle and Pistol Club in China Spring, Texas. 

Central Texas Rifle & Pistol Club ("CTRP")
384 Range Road, China Spring TX 76633
GPS Coordinates: Lat 31.691138, Long -97.283281

Click here for directions to the CTRP:  http://www.ctrpclub.org/map

Anyone who wears any color RWVA hat is invited to attend.
Anyone who might be interested in wearing one of those coveted RWVA hats is ALSO welcome to attend, but please PM me so we can discuss :)

Attendance is strongly encouraged.  Aw, heck, let's just say attendance is mandatory.  ~~:)     If you are unable to attend, please PM me to work out alternate arrangements.   Also, if money, transportation or an angry spouse might get in the way of your attendance, let me know and we'll work it out.

We are a huge state and, therefore, a large group!  This is your single, best opportunity to meet a large portion of the Texas cadre and talk, share stories, and learn from them.
Border Raiders are welcome!                                        Border Raiders are welcome!                                   Border Raiders are welcome!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm asking everyone to register on Eventbite. 
To Register, CLICK HERE: https://goappleseednow.org/?event=waco-tx-instructor-boot-camp-march-10-11-2018

Times/Basic Agenda:
   Friday (optional) - Club will be open to attendees starting at 3 PM. 
                                      - Non-members of CTRP will be able to shoot as Guests of CTRP with a Member.  Please bring $5 :)
                                      - Optional medical training course will take place from 6 PM to 8 PM.
                                      - No certifications will be given; rather, we'll be going over basic medical training
                                        covering situations you might encounter on the range. 

Saturday - 8 AM until bed time (if you're arriving Saturday morning, please plan to arrive no later than 7:30 AM)
                           - Interactive "Hands On" Instruction, History/strikes and safety breakouts all day!
                           - Campfire and fellowship in the evening!

Sunday - 8 AM to 5 PM
                          - Rifle familiarization, KD Range Orientation/training, LibertySeeds, troubleshooting, State of the State, etc.

Meals:
   Friday (optional) - dinner (simple stuff like cold cuts, chips and soda)
   Saturday - breakfast, lunch, hot Texas Dinner!
   Sunday - breakfast, lunch
  All weekend - coffee, water, snacks
***While food, snacks, water and coffee will be provided, please feel free to bring your own if you have special dietary requirements.  Please - no alcoholic beverages!

Cost: $35 - (payable at the door) which includes $30 to cover meals, snacks and water for the weekend, and "range fee" of $5 for CTRP for the use of their excellent facilities!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is an IBC?
An Appleseed IBC is an intense, drinking-from-the-firehose, weekend of interactive classwork (indoors, all weekend), where all instructors will get plenty of hands-on instruction and mentoring, while building friendships and camaraderie.   You shouldn't have any fear/trepidation about attending.  Bring the skills you have, and be ready to learn.  You WILL learn a lot, and have fun.  Even (ESPECIALLY!) if you're a newbie, or it's been awhile since you've volunteered at an event.  We Need YOU!

This is NOT your Mama's IBC!  We're still putting the final finishing touches on the presentations, but, BELIEVE ME there will be no sitting on our duffs listening to the professor from Ferris Beuller's Day Off droning on and on for two days.  Instead, we're going to be doing a ton of hands-on learning during breakout sessions.  Read on…

Blue Hats - get to know the instructor corps, see what goes on "behind the scenes", learn how to help run a safe event, learn/practice the points of instruction and history in case you might want to change your hat color in the future.  We want you doing POIs, breakouts, troubleshooting - everything!

Orange Hats - this is a great way to boost your performance in 2018!  You'll have ample opportunities to practice and polish your points of instruction, safety, and history skills.

Red Hats - we need you!  Our ideal ratio is 1 Red Hat for every 2 Orange Hats.  Plus, this event will help to shake out the winter cobwebs that may have grown on your perishable skills.

Shoot Bosses - You already know everything, right?   Great!  ALL Shoot Bosses should be at this event.  This may be the only time we have such a large gathering of our cadre, and it's a great opportunity to make friends, build our team and relationships, and mentor.

Some logistical details:
We will be in the meeting room.  It seats 50 people, so we'll have plenty of room. 

There is camping on-site, but trailer hookups are likely non-operational.  There are bathrooms and a nice kitchen for fine dining!

WE WILL HAVE CLUB MEMBERS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPANY NON-MEMBERS TO THE RANGES!
Do you have an AR-15, Garand, or M1A that needs sighting in?  CTRP is a GREAT place to shoot out to 200 yards!
During instruction time, there won't be any shooting, but there will be rifle familiarization - AR15, M1 Garand, M1A, AK, 10/22, 597 and 795. 

What should you bring?  Well, in addition to your personal items for spending an overnight, please bring:
•   A teachable attitude. 
•   any teaching materials you normally bring to an AS
•   The instructor manual  (let me know if you need a copy)
•   A notebook or pad of paper and pens/pencils
•   A dummy rifle, if you have one
•   your copy of Paul Revere's Ride
•   A memory stick if you want electronic copies of our files
•   A video camera to record yourself in the breakout sessions - trust us, this will be an eye-opener for you

How should you prepare?

Blue Hats:
•   Read "Paul Revere's Ride"
•   Read the current Applecore Manual
•   Prepare for the AC1 RSO test, if you'd like to be certified to clear the line at Appleseed events
•   Make up a list of any questions you may have
•   Browse the current Instructor Manual, especially if you're planning to participate in the breakouts

Orange Hats:
•   Read "Paul Revere's Ride"
•   Read the current Instructor Manual
•   Read Fred's Guideposts
•   Try to commit as much of the "cheat sheet" to memory - line commands, safety rules, steady hold factors, etc.
•   Have at least a basic understanding of the strikes and DOMs

Red Hats:
•   Be ready to discuss all aspects of the history - prelims, strikes, DOMs, etc
•   You will be running/assisting in the breakout sessions. PMs with details will be forthcoming
•   You have no need for that cheat sheet, right?     :cool2:
•   Make sure your POIs are sharp

Shoot Bosses:
•   Be ready to discuss all aspects of the history - prelims, strikes, DOMs, etc
•   Read the current Shoot Boss Manual
•   You will likely be a squad leader for the breakouts - PMs with details will be forthcoming
•   ...I don't even need to mention the cheat sheet, right?     :cool2:

Our mission is serious: the urgency of saving the country, and everyone's safety at our events.  That being said, if you're not having fun doing this, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Please check in here occasionally for updates.  We'll see you all in March!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Ghostring

We're just at 60 Days Out, and looking forward to an EXCELLENT IBC at the World Famous CTRP in Waco!

We've got NEW RANGES to talk about, new KD shoots and the NRAAM to discuss.  This is Texas' big year, folks!!!

We're going to need some help running this thing, though!  Let me know if you can help with the following:

1. Rifle Familiarization!
    - We need a number of 10/22s, Remington 597s, Marlin 795s, AR-15s and a few Garands and M1As would be helpful.
    - If you have one or more of these to bring, sound off!
2. Dummy/Training/Laser rifles!
    - Green Hats - Bring one (or more if you have one!)   Sound off below if you can bring one!
    - There will be a special breakout on HOW TO MAKE THEM for folks who want to build their own!
3. Food Wrangling!
    - Let's get together and figure out meals.  Dean, your biscuits and soup were AMAZING last year!
    - Want chili again?  We can make that happen, too!
4. CTRP Members
    - Can you be there early?
    - Would you be a member to help a guest shoot?
5. All the other things!  :)

Sound off below if you can help out!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

AF5US

Jim ol' buddy ol' pal, I've just signed up for it.

For anyone considering doing this, but not yet decided:  YOU CAN (and should) DO IT!  Last year was not only a blast, but it made all of us better instructors.   :F

Jim - I'll bring a Marlin or two, along with my M1A and my dummy / training rifle - complete with the special "clicking trigger" (a.k.a. dog clicker) trick that Mr. and Mrs. Smith demoed last year.

I'll even consider sponsoring a guest or two to shoot, since I happen to be a member of the fantastic, fabulous locale that is the Waco range  ;)

If we're having chili, I'm bringing my hot sauces  >:D
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Mercedes

Tumbleweed and I are registered.

We'll bring a KIDD Supergrade 10/22
Sig MCX
(2) M1As
Training Rifle

TxRebel

Signed up myself and my son (TXVoodoo). 
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Gugisman

Signed up...

Last year's event was excellent, and I very much look forward to participating again.

There are 34 spots left, right now. Get you reservations in soon... this is gonna be great!!

Jim: Would you like me to handle check-in again?

E. Inman
CTRPC Member, arriving Friday afternoon.
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: AF5US on January 23, 2018, 07:25:54 PM

Jim - I'll bring a Marlin or two, along with my M1A and my dummy / training rifle - complete with the special "clicking trigger" (a.k.a. dog clicker) trick that Mr. and Mrs. Smith demoed last year.

Jason,  I'm honored!

Mr Smith and I do wish we could attend this year.  We had so much fun last time! But I'm afraid it's just not in the cards  :'( 

We'll sure miss you guys.

And I'll miss all the eye-rolling at the sight of my tube-feeder  ::)  **)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

TxRebel

NOOOO.  MR & MRS smith cant come!!   !@#)

Was really hoping to see you guys and catch up with you.  We're not making our annual migration to Arizona for the kids spring break so I don't know when we're going to see you again.  dang
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: TxRebel on January 30, 2018, 03:03:07 PM
NOOOO.  MR & MRS smith cant come!!   !@#)

Was really hoping to see you guys and catch up with you.  We're not making our annual migration to Arizona for the kids spring break so I don't know when we're going to see you again.  dang

We're sad, too!  But we can usually only swing one trip a year together.  Livestock and all that,  you know.  This year we're going to Georgia to see our oldest daughter graduate from AIT. She'll be 30 by then.

But you'll see me at NRAAM in May 😁
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Weezer

Ghostring, you know I cribbed a bunch of that from ITB, right?    ;D ;D ;D    I figured the Michiganders would be too consumed with snow removal and frostbite to ever find out that the Texans had used their formula.

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

BillJac

I'm coming.  (I know, shocked)  I might have a rifle or 10.  I'll wait til closer to see what is still needed.  But rest assured, we're covered.  Also have dummy.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

TxRebel

Well my son (TXVoodoo) and his friend (BadVoodoo) were both blue hats but they shot riflemen this last weekend and took their orange hats.  So I'll have the boys with me.

I'll have 3 total dummy/training rifles.

The boys and I will need floor space somewhere to crash.
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

AF5US

Quote from: TxRebel on February 07, 2018, 03:27:44 PM
The boys and I will need floor space somewhere to crash.

You won't be the only ones.  Last year there was plenty of room in the bunk house, we just have to clear floor space in the morning.  Throwing up a tent is also an option.

scuzzy

Quote from: AF5US on February 07, 2018, 03:34:52 PM
  Last year there was plenty of room in the bunk house, we just have to clear floor space in the morning.  Throwing up a tent is also an option.

Yeah - if you've ever heard Dan snoring then a tent is a mighty fine option. $$-0
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Quote from: scuzzy on February 07, 2018, 04:39:08 PM
Quote from: AF5US on February 07, 2018, 03:34:52 PM
  Last year there was plenty of room in the bunk house, we just have to clear floor space in the morning.  Throwing up a tent is also an option.

Yeah - if you've ever heard Dan snoring then a tent is a mighty fine option. $$-0

**)

Kirby, you never noticed that I have my noise cancelling headphones when we're all camped out in the back at night?  O0

didactic

To whom it may concern:

I will be there Friday afternoon, with soup and biscuits for Friday evening chow for whomever/whenever.  Last year's chili was great, it'd be great if there were to be a repeat.

I claim dibs on a reclining chair in the club room to sleep on.

Didactic
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Gugisman

I'll be setting up camp... There is plenty of room there for others too!
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Richard D. Jones

Well I'm IN! LOL. Got several guns in the safe 4 scoped, 12 fac. sights, and 2 tech.. Slings etc.. I'll ask the lady of the house to see if she can cook up a crock pot of last years harvest. CHILI! Let me know which would be the best day to bring it.    Naturally I'd be available for assisting shooters at the range.
"A Man's Pistol is used to get to his Rifle"

Ghostring

Guys, we're a WEEK OUT and ready to rock a great big Texas IBC!  ^:)^

Richard, we'd love to have some of your chili!  I think Saturday night is the ticket.

In fact, here's the menu as it stands today:

Friday Evening: Dean's World Famous Minestrone and Biscuits! Snacks and iced tea
Saturday Breakfast: Breakfast Tacos (egg, Bacon, Sausage), juices, cereal and milk, donuts.
Saturday Lunch: Subway sandwiches, chips, iced tea and cookies
Saturday Night: Chili, Fritos, chips, beans, ice tea and DESSERTS!
Sunday Breakfast: Leftovers, cinnamon rolls, donuts, cereal, milk and juice.
Sunday lunch: Marco's pizza, anything leftover!

Coffee and water will be available at all times, we may have Blue Bell ice cream, too  :)

I'd invite everyone to bring a simple dessert for Saturday supper, if it moves you!
Nothing like a little pot-luck dessert for a fun time!  Also, we'll be bringing SOME hot sauce, but if you like things INCREDIBLY SPICY, feel free to bring some of your own!  :1luvu

I will send out a simple Duty Roster and schedule this Monday.
I have need for a few volunteers from our instructor corps (green and red hats) for the following:
Check-in duty for Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Any Strike (I would prefer a solid First Strike, but any Strike will do!) We are to involve the IITs in how to prepare and give a Strike, but it's good if they see one done during the IBC.
Models for prone, sitting, and standing POI demonstrations.

We may also need some temporary kitchen help throughout the day  :)

Really getting psyched about seeing everyone next week!

Jim (Ghostring)

Tumbleweed

Mercedes and I will be there on Friday (between 3-4).

Willing to take a Strike, but for consistency purposes, it might be better for one person to do all three.  I'm happy to volunteer for that. I can also be a model (prone and standing) and instruct where needed.

I know Debbie will pitch in wherever needed (kitchen, admin, or elsewhere). 

We look forward to having a wonderful weekend with everybody.

Tumbleweed
"Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!" Padraic H. Pearse 1916

AF5US

Jim,

Not to put words in Eric's mouth but I think he volunteered with check-in.  If not, I can do Saturday morning.

On that note: Works getting a little crazy.  I have a half-day off on Friday, but I'm not immediately clear if I'll be able to take it  :-\  I'll know more by Thursday, and I'll be there by Saturday at least.  For now I'm still tentatively trying to make Friday.

Put me in for whatever modeling you need.  I'm still relatively flexible enough.

I can do a strike, if you like.  If you sign me up, let me know a rough time-limit if it applies (I tend to go a little longer than others, & I know it). 

Yeah, so basically . . .

Put me in wherever you need me buddy.  I (& others) benefited tons from this last year, I'm happy to pay it back a bit.

Gugisman

Jim,

My trip to OR is postponed, so I will attend after all. I'll handle check-in, model, and anything else necessary.

Eric
― Samuel Adams

TxRebel

Jim-  I may be there Friday night but more than likely Saturday morning.  I can do anything except model seated (not flexible enough for cross legged any more).  Put me wherever I can be of the most help.  Looking forward to it yall.
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

TxRebel

Hello one and all.  I've been tasked by the all mighty Ghostring to coordinate boom sticks for show and tell.  I've got a fair amount already covered between Ghostring and myself.  Here is what I still need.  Please let me know what you can cover and I'll post a updated tracker.

Ruger 10/22:  Txrebel (x3)
Remington 597: Ghostring (x2) NEED 1 MORE
Marlin 795:  club has tons were good
AR-15:  Txrebel (x3)
Garand: Ghostring (x1), NEED 2 MORE
M1A: Txrebel (x1), NEED 2 MORE
AK: Txrebel (x1), NEED 2 MORE
SKS: Ghostring (x1), NEED 2 MORE
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

AF5US

Quote from: TxRebel on March 06, 2018, 10:06:25 PM
Hello one and all.  I've been tasked by the all mighty Ghostring to coordinate boom sticks for show and tell.  I've got a fair amount already covered between Ghostring and myself.  Here is what I still need.  Please let me know what you can cover and I'll post a updated tracker.

M1A: Txrebel (x1), NEED 2 MORE

I have an M1A I'm planning on bringing.  I have the loaded model.

Tumbleweed has the Socom16 model; perhaps he can bring his - that would cover us on M1As and also show a little diversity.

I used to have an AK-47; don't any more.  Sold it to help pay for the M1A.  Don't regret it a bit.  I love that M1A, so very very much  :1luvu

TxRebel

M1A: Txrebel (x1), AF5US (x1) NEED 1 MORE
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

Gugisman

I can bring a VEPR, it's like an AK, but bigger (7.62 x 54r). Lemme know. :snipersmi
― Samuel Adams

Tumbleweed

I have a loaded M1A, 6.5 Creedmoore and I'll bring my Socom.  I can also bring my KIDD Supergrade. I also have a Sig MCX that I can bring.

Tumbleweed
"Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!" Padraic H. Pearse 1916

TxRebel

Gugisman -  if you want to bring your VEPR that's cool I'm not worried about getting a bunch of those.

Tumbleweed-  just need one of your M1As but your welcome to bring both if you want.  The KIDD and MCX would also be good for variation thx
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

TxRebel

M1A: Txrebel (x1), AF5US (x1), Tumbleweed (x1)
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin