News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Promotional Event - Benbrook TX (Ft. Worth)

Started by PaleRider, March 04, 2018, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

It was a beautiful day in Benbrook TX yesterday (3 Mar) at the Marksmen Firearms store! Brandon Loew, manager, invited us, a couple of weeks ago, to set up a booth for their birthday bash! They had raffles, a free BBQ, and a country radio station there promoting the event! They were very generous in offering up a RAS 47 from Century Arms for us to raffle with all of the proceeds going to us.

We had four other Appleseeders besides me manning the booth, too! Mercedes (Debbie), Tumbleweed (Padraic), NJRefugee (Dan), and his daughter, Bethany! Mercedes and Bethany pretty much talked to everyone and did a fantastic job promoting us to all of the gun store patrons! We sold over 150 tickets and made $830  ^:)^. (Yeah, Debbie, I thought it was only $810 until I recounted it  ;D)

Anyway, thanks so much to Brandon and Marksmen Firearms for the wonderful opportunity, and from what they said, they'll be contacting us in the future for other opportunities--they have multiple stores in the area.

While none of us won any of the store's gun raffles, we did gain another blue hat! Bethany decided that she wanted one, and, it just so happens, I had one with me! She was soooooo happy, and she's going to do a fantastic job! What an incredible young lady she is! Great job NJRefugee and Weezer!  :beer:

Here are a few of the pictures I was able to take:
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Tumbleweed

We had a great time.

Debbie is ready for the next event!  She's making a list of supplies!

Padraic
"Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!" Padraic H. Pearse 1916

Weezer

I looked at that last picture and thought, "Gee, that is a good looking man standing next to my daughter..."    **)

She came home sunburned and grinning from ear to ear.   NJ barely got a word in edgewise, as B gave the full AAR at the dinner table.   ;D    I think she's now going to take my place at the gun shows and other events.   O0
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

PaleRider

Sweet! I'm so glad Bethany had a good time! She's adorable! :)

Quote from: Weezer on March 04, 2018, 05:43:05 PM
I looked at that last picture and thought, "Gee, that is a good looking man standing next to my daughter..."    **)

She came home sunburned and grinning from ear to ear.   NJ barely got a word in edgewise, as B gave the full AAR at the dinner table.   ;D    I think she's now going to take my place at the gun shows and other events.   O0
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

AF5US

Thank you guys so much for stepping up and doing this.

I really had every intention of taking some time and stopping by to lend a hand, but as it turns out - I have three sick children and a sick wife.  I couldn't get out, and I'm not sure it would have been a good idea if I could  :tsk:

Awesome job!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)