News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gun Show AO

Started by Pappy, October 25, 2008, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy

Hello Group; Promoting the Appleseed Program at the gun show today was a fun and interesting adventure. I can not help but feel that there are legions of
folks that have not been * Appleized *. Today there was much bussle and rush early on but as time wore on the AS mesage got out, I was lucky enough to get a part of a table with a pal selling machine tools. I have table reservations for next time. There will be several thru the winter, If there is ANY ONE who would like to SHARE the Appleseed Promotion at Princeton Ill. Atire as if at an Appleseed. Pm me.  Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

hawkhavn

Pappy,

The Hoosier contingent (Liberty WriterHH, Bob Wyre and myself) is holding forth at the Indy 1500 this weekend.  Several of Gov. Blagoiovich(sp)'s subjects were seen roaming in the land of the free and we brought the word of Appleseed to them and sent them forth. As well as TX, CO and MI.  Haven't heard how today went but we handed out 4 cases of CTD catalogs yesterday.  We'll need to get you set up with a banner and such for your next outing.

Find a wall about 82' away and post a squares target, ask the folks going by if they can hit it...

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Garand69

Great Job Pappy, Keep up the great work!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Sheepdog

The DuPage and Kane Co. shows should be ripe for passing out info. Anybody got a schedule?
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Pappy

There may be dates on the ISRA web page I have seen the info there before.
Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Garand69

DuPage is the 1st Sunday of the month. Kane is the 2nd Sunday, however they don't have one in November. I have every intention of having a table at both oof them for the rest of the season.
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

didactic

If you decide to go with this additional show, please PM me the details so I can add it to the schedule.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3199.0  It looks sorta lean, right now.

Anywhere else in the country, do the same!  The more gun shows we can document that we cover, the more attractive we are to more sponsors.  The more sponsors we attract, the faster we can grow.  Unnerstand?
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Pappy

Hello Group, I would like to ask for 1000 copy`s of our of our promo paper or Swat mag promo. Pm me and I will send home address. AS always, Pappy

Sheepdog

Outstanding Dan. I will try to get to as many as possible. Maybe we should get some 3 cornered hats and wear our shooting jackets!

JohnP, I want to say that The Editor had that stuff but can't speak for him. 

Editor, JohnP is talking about attending additional shows in his area s/of I80. Can G69 or I get a couple thousand sets of paper and/or article that we could work the DuPage and Kane shows with? These are well attended events and afford AS a chance at the citizens/gun owners/enthusists living in the third largest population center in the country.

Dan, lets talk. There is a chance I'd be free on the first Sun of Nov. The second, I'm in Evansville. Dec-Mar all have potential and if I can help carry the load I'm willing.

Pappy

Shooters and Staff, November 29 & 30th. There will be a gunshow at the Bureau Co. Fairgrounds in Princeton. A Table has been reserved. If you would like to help man the booth and Promote Appleseed during this weekend for any amount of time P-M me I will put you on the roster. It was a very interesting show.... Plan to attend, Thanks to Whoever sent the Papers from TX. WOW! AS always, Pappy.

Sheepdog

JP,
I can help that weekend. We'll talk more. Count me in!
SheepDog

MeanStreaker

Sounds like a great opportunity!  I have staffed a lot of gun shows for other organizations and one thing I wish I had done from the beginning was have a simple donations bucket on the table with a sign.  You'd be surprised how easy it is to rake in some operational money from nice folks that want to help support the cause.

(If the RWVA staff approves of this, of course...)

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Pappy

JP,
I can help that weekend. We'll talk more. Count me in!
SheepDog

Thank You, SheepDog, I will put you on the (LIST) :) ;) Pappy

2thdoc

Im helping out at the champaign county  GSL table on sat in bloomington gun show anybody going to that?
Pat

longjohn

Anybody going to the Kankakee show this Sat or Sun?  Need any help there?

TheEditor

Garand and Sheepdog,

I'm out of papers right now!  I'll put out a call, and perhaps bring some back from Ditchwater II (I might make it for Sunday only).

The Editor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Pappy

Hello Group; I would recomend that if you would like to work you local show you should call the organizer, the number is listed on most adds for the shows.
Ask for one table, pay the fee and hand out as many flyers and talk to as many folks as you can without sounding like the info came from a can. Put up a Target if posible near as you can to 25m away to use as a reference, This is good advice, i dont remember who gave it. Put your standard rifle or rifles on your table with not for sale on them unless you want to move em. A LTR would be a great item to have on the table for reference. Have addresses of Tech sights available. Catalogs from CMP are also popular. Dress the part if you can, Shooting coat, Appleseed Tee, RWVA hat. Please, NO CAMO. Have a good time and don`t spend all your money on toys, leave some for seed. POST the DATES and ask for help  :) ;) ::)THEY WILL COME, There is still room for more at Princeton NOV 29 & 30 AS always Pappy

hawkhavn

Folks,

Here's what we do: 2 rifles an M-1 Garand and an LTR, each gets a printed sign.  Garand-'This rifle is not for sale, but ask me how you can get one for $445'.  LTR sign-'This is a Liberty Training Rifle, ask me how you can build one' There is a stack of LTR flyers available for hand out, 1 side has the LTR story, the other has a parts/source list.

I have so far managed to have a copy of every magazine with an Appleseed article in it, these are displayed along with targets.
Redcoat before/after, AQT, 4" squares, etc.

These are all good 'story' props. Garand-CMP/RWVA affiliate, LTR inexpensive/accurate training, targets show what we do.

Instead of a flyer for one shoot we make up a regional flyer for 6 months and cover all of the shoots for IL, IN, OH, KY, TN, MI, and WI.

Take a cheap national map along and put a push pin for every shoot, SHOW folks how big we are.  The Indy show usually has folks from 8-10 states, TELL them we are in their state (or close by).

HAVE FUN!!! This is the easiest 7th step there is.

Hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Pappy

Hello Group; Is there a Banner that has been approved I would like to Have one made I will pay the bill. I have two weeks can this be done? Pappy

hawkhavn

Pappy,

Contact Atticus ASAP, I believe he did he one we used.

Hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

Garand69

Excellent tips Double Hotel,

I wish my printer wasn't dead.
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

hawkhavn

G69,

What do you need???
I'll print it and put it in the mail tomorrow!
Except for the banner, that puppy is like 30" x 90".

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

Pappy

Hello Group; Well we are out of all printed material, I need to call the big supply truck,
  I would like to thank The SheepDawg for his efforts in getting the word out at our
table it seemed like he would hit them with the Appleseed and I would wack them with
a CMP side of the Appleseed as everyone wants a M1 Rifle, we had some on display. I think we made a huge dent in the uninformed Local folks. We made a few sportsmens club contacts that could pan out for other ranges that would like to host a Seed. I would like to ask for More printed Material, The Paper was a big hit. The swat flyer flew off our table, Put 2000 of each and any other seedy stuff in the mail we have another show in Jan. We may need to have two seeds in Ottawa consecutive weekends around our April date. Seems like some real big interest. Pappy

Garand69

Sorry for the delay in posting, but thought I would give a breif AAR regarding the January 25-25 Princeton Gun Show.

This was the first time that I had been to the Princeton Show, and I liked it a lot. Large crowds and many vendors is an excellent combination. Pappy had to go out of State at the last minute, but did an excellent job putting plan "B" into action, and contacted fellow Appleseeder Dana and myself regarding the situation. Dana was able to swing by Pappy's to pick up the materials and then I (after having one delay after another) finally got out to the show to releive him. When I arrived, our very own 2thdoc was helping out as well. Thanks fellas  O0

The first day we had some good contacts and even a few folks who visit here stopped by to say hi including M1D among others. Sunday was simular with traffic and over all, we probably had at least 25 extremly enthusiastic folks that stopped by and talked about the program at length, and many many more that were interested grabbed materials and moved on.

All in all, a show worth having an Appleseed attendance at, not to mention a good place to get the AR lower i've been looking for O0

Thanks go out to all who helped make it happen.

The next show that desperatley needs staffing is the Feb. 1st show at Wheaton. Most of us will be building a DAR, but the table is bought and paid for, so if your interested, let me know ASAP.
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Hello Group; We had quite a time at the Kane county fairgrounds sportsmans (GUNSHOW).  The show was well attended and we made many contacts. We have a table for the next Kane county show against a wall so we can show off the new AS banner. Thanks to EEL, Grand69, and Dana for the help manning the tables.
The prices on most items were more than tripple what they were a year ago for the FMJ bullets we like. Primers are at retail for some and double or more for others. Web slings from South Korea were selling for 5.00 they are cotton and seem new and very serviceable. New GI M16A1 chrome lined barrel take offs with the one in twelve twist were well under 75-90 $. Many other repair parts were not to be had!!!! All in all a great time lots of fun! Pappy

Pappy

Hello Group; We need folks to staff the GUN SHOW in Princeton Il the 28-29 March to hand out flyers, Try to arrive before 8am as the doors open then. If you can help out Please PM ME!!! This is the last show of the season down here and is a good one not to miss so plan to stock up on those hard to find items at Princeton :~
Hope to see you all there. Pappy

Edited by Garand69 to add...

We also have a table at Kane Co. that weekend. So we need Appleseeders at both locations.

Thanks in advance

G69

Pappy

Hello Group; Well it is time to decide where you will be this weekend, we have two gunshows that need folks in attendance. Please if you can attend and put some time in at our table handing out papers and spreading the word!!!! You must remember how you heard about our program, and step up to the plate, RIFLEMEN VOLINTEER, APPLESEEDERS STEP UP.  Who will be in Princeton Saturday or Sunday. I need your help. AS ALWAYS!! PAPPY

Garand69

THIS IS AN ALL HANDS ON DECK MISSION ILLINOIS!!!!!!!
We need to start pushing our 3-Day Shoots in Ottawa and Chilli!! And an excellent way to do this is help us out at the Princeton Show and the Kane Co show this weekend!!!

Plus you get to rub elbows with Illinois Trailblazers like Pappy, Sheepdog, EEL and others. These guys are making it happen in Illinois and need a hand from some of the 1.2 Million FOID Card Holders in the State!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Hello Group; THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP!! GRAND 69, DANA, REVELLE, SHEEPDOG, and M1D AT THE PRINCETON GUN SHOW!!!!!!!Folks the parts guys were doing a land office bizzness today folks were still stacked up around those tables at closing time. The price GOUGING continues for primers, and FMJBT bullets in .308 or .224. better to have them at any price is what people must be thinking. Lots of old shopworn primer stock showing up (CAUTION!) many miles bouncing around in a trailer could spell issues you don`t need.

SO if you can make the party in Princeton tomorrow please attend and bring a friend, See You There, Pappy

SUNDAY REPORT; Last show in Princeton till Fall, We Have tables reserved for then TWO if posible, Clean out that unused stuff and turn it green$$$$$. There was a Negligent firearm discharge in another building, 12ga. by a dealer who failed to check the chamber on the shotgun before putting it it his rack. SAFETY RULE ONE came to mind and his falure to open the action and check for empty... Pappy

Pappy

Hello Group; I was informed about the Chilli Sportsmans club gunshow this next week end is there any one that can work this show??? PM me when you can be there and how long you can stay. WE NEED MORE SWAT REPRINTS!!!!!!! I have enough of the Blue Press reprints for now. Thankyou for stepping up, Pappy