News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montana Appleseeders sign in and be recognized!

Started by glocker21, October 21, 2008, 02:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glocker21

HEY ALL YOU MONTANA APPLESEEDERS, STEP FORWARD AND BE RECOGNIZED!

Sign in with your name, location, email address, any other contact information you wish to leave. This will help me plan events, spread the Appleseed event information, post Montana vendor deals, etc.

Come one come all to the Big Sky Appleseed juggernaut!

Remember...Aim Small Miss Small!
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

mtmisfit

My name is Rick and I'm addicted to gunpowder....... ;D

East Helena
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

Sheepdog

Hey Montana... Save a place on the line for me! I'm planning a move to God's country in the next couple years. The wife and I will be there next summer for a couple months looking for the right spot somewhere WNW. In the mean time, I'm watching your schedule to see if there are some AS opportunities while there. It would be good to meet up with you folks.
Best to all, SheepDog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

glocker21

Quote from: mtmisfit on October 21, 2008, 01:30:21 PM
My name is Rick and I'm addicted to gunpowder....... ;D

East Helena

EAST HELENA!!! Holy Cow ...right in my AO...right on.

Good job! I am glad to see that people are interested in using the Board

Jerry
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

Mark Davis

I'm Mark,
shooting enthusiast.
Need trigger time.
Live near Bozeman.

glocker21

You guys are AWESOME! thanks for using the forum. Have any of you guys been doing recruiting? I am in the beginning stage of getting shoots together so I will need help with contacts.

money."
Charley Reese

mtmisfit

been recruiting shooters, have a few waiting to attend the next AS.

have a few coming over for a mini sometime after hunting season as they want familiarization with the course of fire.

I lure new shooters in with the prospect of shooting a subgun, once they do that they're usually hooked.  Big targets up close and full auto = instant gratification.  Then present the challenge of smaller targets at greater distance with precision fire.  The subgun is the bait.......
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

montana shooter

I live near Bozo too.  Took six guys out to the Samuel Whittemore range a few weeks back for a taste of AS.  Went to watch the Cat/Griz fiasco last weekend and sat next to the Mayor of Belgrade on the bus on the way over.  Methinks' he's hooked on our next Appleseed.  I'll be working over the winter to get some folks committed to the Boot Camp.

Kurt B.
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

Sheepdog

Keep going boys and build your numbers. The program will draw them in once they see the results and personal improvement.  If any of you have good input on the best place to live in MT send me a PM. Thanks...Mike

glocker21

Quote from: Sheepdog on November 25, 2008, 11:09:29 PM
Keep going boys and build your numbers. The program will draw them in once they see the results and personal improvement.  If any of you have good input on the best place to live in MT send me a PM. Thanks...Mike

Hey Sheepdog! Welcome

As for the best place...Helena, Bozeman or Missoula are all nice

money."
Charley Reese

jstnstein

Justin
Currently serving in iraq before i complete my tour, havent been to a shoot, yet, but i just helped my brother pick up a cmp garand, and i got a lil cherry from them january of this year, we both live right outside of billings, jstnstein@yahoo.com. great forum, great cause.
Courage is rightlyesteemed the irst of human qualities. Because it is the quality that guarentees all the others-Churchhill
Fear can keep a man out of danger but only courage can support him in it.

glocker21

Quote from: jstnstein on November 26, 2008, 11:30:52 PM
Justin
Currently serving in iraq before i complete my tour, havent been to a shoot, yet, but i just helped my brother pick up a cmp garand, and i got a lil cherry from them january of this year, we both live right outside of billings, jstnstein@yahoo.com. great forum, great cause.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Cannot wait for you to get back and make one of the shoots. Get back in one piece buddy. Thank you for your service to this fine country. Look me up when you get back...you can expect a cold one one with me when we get to meet.

money."
Charley Reese

montana shooter

Sheepdog....can't support livin' in Missoula......too many stinkin' Griz, and not enough shootin' folks for me :(  But if you want a lot of the great outdoors to hone your skills.....Montana is the place to be.  Justin.....dittos on the cold one when you get back....stay low and be safe.

kurt b. 
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

jstnstein

Thanks guys cant wait to get back! See you at a shoot!
Courage is rightlyesteemed the irst of human qualities. Because it is the quality that guarentees all the others-Churchhill

glocker21

Quote from: MT Shooter on November 27, 2008, 10:26:50 AM
Sheepdog....can't support livin' in Missoula......too many stinkin' Griz, and not enough shootin' folks for me :(  But if you want a lot of the great outdoors to hone your skills.....Montana is the place to be.  Justin.....dittos on the cold one when you get back....stay low and be safe.

kurt b. 

hmmmmmm...don't like the Griz huh?! Well we might have some rivalry goin' here. It is weird, they have a great range (at least they used to) but not much of a shooting community to speak of. We might have to see what we can do to change that.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

Sheepdog

Thanks everyone for your willingness to share advice. I'll PM in the future.

Gun shows are a good place to seed. Looking forward to one this weekend. We have a table and some handouts. Plus I'm going to run a slide show on the computer. Pics of AS events.

Yes indeed rally MT! I'm working on getting a friend from Crook Co., WY to one of the shoots. He would be a great advocate of the program.

Later and Tnx agn, Mike

jstnstein

I dont know if this is the right spot or not but you guys seem to be more active in here then in other threads so here i go. The new generation, a few years outa collage love stickers and stick them everywhere, advertiseing for concerts, sports, churches, you name it them make em. well anywayas back to my point this sticker generator that i looked at online costs only $25 for 100 bumper stickers now with a catchy phrase these could be a great, relatively cheap way to advertise.http://www.stickerjunkie.com/generator.php if i was in the states i would print up a order and stick them under windsheild wipers at gunshows lightpoles outside of gunshops,  benches at gunranges....ect...im real new so i dont know of any catchy phrases to use or if this has been tried before, sounds like a good idea to me

The Guy

As long as the "brand" isn't in a "vandalisim" type spot, enjoy!

See ya'all in the spring.

Sheepdog, plan on heading out with me for the Third Anual Samuel Whittamore Memorial Range RBC in Three Forks, most likely 2nd week of May.  Also, Kurt has family among us Lost in Suck, who he needs to get to Ottowa.

Three Forks is nice, about 40 minutes from Bozoland, and the hosts there can't be beat.  Tied, maybe, but not beat.  Besides, 1000 yards.....?  Not to be turned down.

glocker21

Quote from: jstnstein on November 28, 2008, 01:58:48 AM
I dont know if this is the right spot or not but you guys seem to be more active in here then in other threads so here i go. The new generation, a few years outa collage love stickers and stick them everywhere, advertiseing for concerts, sports, churches, you name it them make em. well anywayas back to my point this sticker generator that i looked at online costs only $25 for 100 bumper stickers now with a catchy phrase these could be a great, relatively cheap way to advertise.http://www.stickerjunkie.com/generator.php if i was in the states i would print up a order and stick them under windsheild wipers at gunshows lightpoles outside of gunshops,  benches at gunranges....ect...im real new so i dont know of any catchy phrases to use or if this has been tried before, sounds like a good idea to me

Great idea jststein! My son is quite adept at the site you referenced, so he and I will be working something up. We will post the pic(s) for opinions prior to ordering.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

glocker21

Quote from: The Guy on November 28, 2008, 09:31:03 AM
As long as the "brand" isn't in a "vandalisim" type spot, enjoy!

See ya'all in the spring.

Sheepdog, plan on heading out with me for the Third Anual Samuel Whittamore Memorial Range RBC in Three Forks, most likely 2nd week of May.  Also, Kurt has family among us Lost in Suck, who he needs to get to Ottowa.

Three Forks is nice, about 40 minutes from Bozoland, and the hosts there can't be beat.  Tied, maybe, but not beat.  Besides, 1000 yards.....?  Not to be turned down.

I am looking forward to meeting you in May Guy. I hope to have this be the "event of the season" so to speak.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

The Guy

Always is.

After you figure the 6 way tie from the other RBC's in anyway..... ;)  Haven't heard of one yet that wasn't anyway.

Hope you MT folks are beating the slopes, ridges and valleys for recruits.

glocker21

Quote from: The Guy on November 28, 2008, 02:18:20 PM
Always is.

After you figure the 6 way tie from the other RBC's in anyway..... ;)  Haven't heard of one yet that wasn't anyway.

Hope you MT folks are beating the slopes, ridges and valleys for recruits.

I just made a sticky for Ranges in Montana that has contact information for various clubs around Montana. I will be continuing to encourage Montana Appelseeders to contact the clubs in thier area.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

Tex

Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to coming out to MT in May and hope to hook up to an IL event next year as well. 

I'm still looking forward to moving to MT ASAP and was delayed by an unexpected event.

Regards,

Tex

glocker21

Quote from: Tex on December 03, 2008, 03:47:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to coming out to MT in May and hope to hook up to an IL event next year as well. 

I'm still looking forward to moving to MT ASAP and was delayed by an unexpected event.

Regards,

Tex

Hey Tex,

Get yourself on up here and join in the fun! I look forward to meeting you.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

The Guy

Tex,

Heard about the delay.....

Sucks, but hope to see you out there again next spring.

G

(Sim) Σμ

Hey guys.  I'm from Texas, but my father-in-law lives just outside Bozeman.  He's visiting down here and will be at the appleseed shoot in Davilla this weekend.  He said he's been meaning to get involved, but he won't use Paypal (don't ask).  We paid for him.

Now that he's in, he's really excited.  If someone will PM me, I will send his email address and when he'll be back in state.  He's retired, lives by himself most of the time and wants to get involved. 

The Guy

Clodhopper is near Bozeman, so is Shootimus Maximus.  Shootimus is out of CONUS right now, but will be back again soon.  MT Shooter is in Bozman

Any can help, and all three are A+ individuals.

(Sim) Σμ

Quote from: The Guy on December 03, 2008, 02:53:21 PM
Clodhopper is near Bozeman, so is Shootimus Maximus.  Shootimus is out of CONUS right now, but will be back again soon.  MT Shooter is in Bozman

Any can help, and all three are A+ individuals.

Excellent!  I would rate my father-in-law as a B individual. 

How long do I have until I can't edit my posts anymore?

He's a great guy whose retirement hobby is making lamps and bowls from wood.  Some are very good.  Just expect to receive some bowls every time you see him.  He's supposed to be making some wooden replacements for the handles on my La San Marco espresso machine.  Once he's done that he'll definitely be A+.  Until then, it's a B.

Dinky Dao

Hey Tex, heard about the delay as well. Glad to hear from you though, and looking forward to seeing you, not to mention "Hootimus", Mrs. Maximus, Clodhopper, (PahRah too! with any luck!), ol' cuz MT Shooter, soupy and the pups, Montana CZ (oh yeah....I owe you pics, don't I...ooops LOL! I'll get on that!), and the rest of the Montana crew.  :D

For all ya'll I haven't met yet...your time's comin'...you've been forewarned....

LOL!!!

"Pinky" Dao

oh crud...I owe clodhopper and Pah rah pics too...dang...just remembered...ok...gettin' on that toooooo.....doh... &)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

montana shooter

I would be remiss if I didn't take the time to toot the Appleseed horn here, but I have had the opportunity to take a few folks out and show them the Appleseed Way over the past few months, and it is here that I will pat them on the back in anticipation of them being at the next Samuel Whittemore shoot in May.

One of the guys took his new found knowledge to Alaska this fall where he shot a full-curl Dahl Sheep at a little over 360 yards with his 300 Win Short Mag. He thanked me with maybe the best burger I've ever had......and the promise of coming to an Appleseed.  He followed that hunt up this fall with a cow elk at over 300 yards that he said he never would have taken without his brief training.  And, even tho' he/she was in a precarious position ( which resulted in 4 scope bites) he was confident he would bring her to the freezer.....which he did.

Another friend of mine drew an elusive/rare moose tag around here this fall. Knowing I'd been through the Appleseed Boot Camp, he asked if I would give him some pointers, which I was glad to do......duh.  Well, he just called me, questioning the techniques that Appleseed offers, based on something he'd just read from "gunsite".  (ya gotta know this guy to understand his methodology).  Anywho..... after working with him for just half a day on the range, his groups went from about 8 inches at 25 meters to under an inch, wikki-wikki.  Boy was he surprised at his ability to hit stuff a little further out, thanks to 6 simple steps and a little NPOA.  Anyway, I patiently listened to him tell me about the difference between "their" technique and ours, and when he finished, simply asked "how big was that moose you shot a few weeks back, and how comfortable were you taking the shot"?  There was a pause......and then he said " yeah.....'yer right".

Now, I'm not one to shop around much.....'specially if I'm already a fan of what it is I've already got.  I'm what you would call a dedicated shopper.......take care of me....I take care of you.  Well, by the end of the conversation, my good friend was once again seeing the glaring light that had been causing him to squint since our time together back in those hot days in July on the range, and he is looking forward to the next Boot Camp in May.

Don't much plan on doing any research on "Gunsite".....not too sure if they offer the important stuff along with the skills they teach.....I do, however, plan on spreading more of the Appleseed Message.  Matter of fact, I just came back from Malta, Montana (not really a destination location here) where I took a couple of our Hunters Safety kids pheasant hunting on a National Wildlife Refuge.  Cost me a couple of vacation days, but I got a chance to stay with a guy who writes a weekly syndicated outdoor column that appears in our local rag.  Great guy, and potential Appleseeder. 

Drive to Malta:  little over 350 miles (5 and half hours in a blizzard on the way back)
Gas: $100
Pheasants: 150
Hunters Safety kids/pheasants: 1
Number of Potential Appleseeders: Who Knows

keep up the good work all,
kb