News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who is with me?

Started by Silence, September 28, 2008, 09:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silence

Well it looks like I am now the State Coordinator for North Carolina.  I am excited to work on this and see what we can get done in the months ahead. 

We have a lot of work to do.   Flyer's to post around, gun shows to promote at, gun ranges to get in contact with, friends to talk to about empty land they have thats just begging to be turned in to a place were we can turn some cooks into rifleman. We have Instructors raise up.  Just think a state full of rifleman with teaching others to be better Americans.   I am getting excited!

The first thing we need to find out is who is living in this state and whats your participation level so far?  Lets everyone sound off below. 

Who is with me?
"The Price of apathy is to be ruled by evil men'  -- Plato

Scout

Silence, I am not in NC, but, I am behind you all the way. Anything I can do to help you and your crew get the job done, please feeel free to PM me or call me. I look forward to you getting NC in line.

You can start with that range they have out in Ramseur, get those guys herded up over there and get them rolling with the program ;D.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

smle

Ditto with scout.

BTW, does Silence have any connection to Silence Dogood. I think thats spelled right.

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

MCKNBRD

Tarheel here.  I'm an IIT and ready to help any way I can.

PM is probably the best way to get hold of me.

Craig
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

Silence

Hmm, So it looks like there are only 3 of us here in NC?  How can that be.  Appleseed was started in North Carolina.  The home range is in North Carolina.  How can there only be 3 out of 1493 members on this "working" message board.    Now I ask who lived in North Carolina and is interested in going to an Appleseed, or has been to one before? 

hawkeye

My son and I are ready to help. We're both IIt.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Silence

It looks like we just about doubled out numbers  :o.  Thanks for letting us know you were out there hawkeye, and your son to!   There will be plenty of opportunities to change that orange hat in for a red one over the year 8).  I look forward to working with you and your son on a firing line this year.

Alright we are up to 5 people now. I know more of you guys are out there.  Lets hear from you!

Ding

Hi Folks,

I'm a Raleigh-based IIT currently and am interested in the IBC 11/28-11/30.  I'll need a day or two to confirm my schedule and then I'll sign on with the Eventbrite calendar.

-Ding
"A political party that robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul."

Silence

Welcome Ding.  Thanks for showing your self here.  I hope you can make the upcoming IBC.  I look forward to working with you.

MCKNBRD

Quote from: Ding on November 12, 2008, 12:59:17 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm a Raleigh-based IIT currently and am interested in the IBC 11/28-11/30.  I'll need a day or two to confirm my schedule and then I'll sign on with the Eventbrite calendar.

-Ding
Dingman is ALIVE!!!!

Muuuuhhhaaaaahahahahaha....

Was wondering where you've been, bro.  Have I got some stuff to show you about the sitting position.  Lots have I learned since last we met, yes...

Craig
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

Wylde Bill

I'm in Gibsonville, NC.  Attended the Appleseed in late August 2008 and currently planning to be at the one in January 2009.  This time I hope to bring some more bodies with me.  Got several family members interested in becoming Riflemen!

VAshooter

Silence,

I'm not from NC but I'm closer than Texas. I'm the State Coordinator for Virginia. You might have heard of us. We are just a little north of you.

I was at Ramseur last weekend helping out at Freds Boot Camp. I'll be back in April at Ramseur for the April 19th project. Some of my instructors have signed up to do Yancyville so it looks like you will have a Virginia influence for a while.

If you need anything, just ask. We will do what we can to help you out.

Good to hear things are picking up down there.

VAshooter

Silence

Wylde Bill,
Good to see you on here and that you coming back with more friends and family.  The 7'th step is the most important one!  I will see you in January. I will add you to the list of NC members.

VAshooter,
Thanks for letting me know your there to help and for all the help you give.  I will be in Yanceyville April 19'th.

Outlaw5

Hello everyone!  I'm new and just reading up on all of the appleseed info.  I just registered and I'll have to figure out when I can make an event due to my and the misses work schedule but I'm highly interested in this and surprise!....I'm in Carthage NC and didn't even know this existed until I picked up a copy of shotgun news and started reading about the appleseed project and how to get connected.  I'll be looking to Jan but more likely a Feb date to get to Ramseur for my first appleseed weekend.  I may even bring and extra body or two with me to try it out and get them working toward riflemen.

I am looking forward to confirming if I just "think" or if I am a riflemen in the coming months.  Why do I make this "Boast".  Fred....get ready to meet a guy who plays with black helicopters...... ;D

Thanks and I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.  V/R Outlaw5
Jerry "Outlaw5" Perkins

Silence

Outlaw5,
Good to see you made it to the website and forums from reading fred's column in SGN.  I guess your next step would be making it to an Appleseed and sounds like your already making plans for that as soon as time allows.  Good to hear.  Its never to soon to make it to an Appleseed  ;). You will have to let everyone here and your friends know how your first Appleseed goes.  Better yet bring your friends and family with you so they can see what its like first hand.

Welcome aboard.  O0

Dinky Dao

Quote from: MCKNBRD on November 13, 2008, 02:50:59 AM

Dingman is ALIVE!!!!

Muuuuhhhaaaaahahahahaha....

Heyyyyyy!!!! DING!!!! I was starting to wonder about ya, bud! Figured work was keepin' ya busy.  :o

'bout time ya checked in!

Sheeeeeeeesh!

LOL!!

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

n00b

I am with you!....

I will be attending my first AS at Ramsuer, NC on Feb 28th!

bulkhead

nOOb,
Congratulations, you are on your way to being a rifleman.  I attended Ramsuer in January.  Great experience.  I'm attending the Yanceyville shoot as an IIT due to the experience and the guys that ran the shoot in January.  Hope to see you on the instructor list one of these days. 

Bulkhead
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

n00b

Bulkhead and the all Appleseeders,

Thank you!  I have yet to be to an event but the idea of this type of action is just great... I can not wait to get to range and meet everyone!

n00b

Dan

I'm planning to attend my 1st Appleseed as well on the 28th. Bringing the wife and kiddies too.
"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."  --George Orwell

RIP

Silence,

I'm new, howdy. I'm with you to the extent I can be. My day job will be taking me to Cali for August, keeping me pretty busy September and October, then to Afghanistan for seven months starting in the fall.

Let me know what I can do for you.
-
R.I.P.
Rifleman, Infantryman and Ponderer

bulkhead

Hi RIP,
Welcome aboard.  Are you going to Afghanistan with the military or a contractor?  Once you get back we have several programs you can help with .  Keep working on your IIT knowledge.  I'm located in Greensboro.  Keep in touch.

Regards,
bulkhead
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

Stimey

Silence,

I am a full instructor and I have just moved to NC from Texas.  I'm living in Moyock and have recently done an AS with some of the VA boys.  I'm sure willing to help out in any way that I can.  Just one thing.  I, like RIP, may be going overseas soon.  I'll let you know later this week. 

Stimey

PS.  PM or call if you need anything.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

RIP

Rgr Bulkhead, wilco. I'm going to the stan with the USMC.
-
R.I.P.
Rifleman, Infantryman and Ponderer

Fred

OK, you guys hurry up - we need you back here, stat, where the real battle is being fought - the battle for the hearts and minds of our fellow Americans.

While "over there" take the Appleseed message with you - won't add an ounce to your baggage weight, and you never know when and where - and in whom - it will resonate.

In the meantime, while you are still in-state, hope to see you at an Appleseed...with some buddies. &)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

smoke01

Smoke checking in.. I would like to help.. have limited time as we own our own gun shop in Marshville ..
Just check in with me as to what you need or how we can help

Planning to come Sunday or Monday Sept 6th or 7th

I qualified feb 2009
sent in membership in March . Check was cashed in April and so far I have received nothing back

704 624 0737 10 Am to 6PM EST

Thanks

Bonden

Silence,

I'm located just south of Charlotte.  I've attended two AS shoots at Ramseur, qualified as Rifleman at May 3 day event.
I am a RWVA member.  I spend a lot of time (send a lot of lead down range at 1" squares) at the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club.

I'm an active bailer here locally... most of my time is one on one encounters with folks and the stack of Redcoat targets Fred was
kind enough to give me.  I'll be at the September AS. I'm interested and willing to help with NC and SC efforts.  PM is the best way
to contact me.

Bonden

branson1369

Coming to my 1st Appleseed @ Ramseur 10-17+18 and live close in Pittsboro. If all goes as I hope I should be able to help on a fairly regular basis as long as old Marines that require optics are welcome

Semper Fi

bulkhead

Branson,
Welcome to Appleseed.  Lots of good things to do here besides shoot.  Be sure to let us know how your first Appleseed went. 

bulkhead
Greensboro, NC
Saucy Jack