News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Richmond IN Aug 31-Sep 1 Special Appleseed event

Started by Brown, July 01, 2013, 06:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown

We have a new Special event to promote!

(Graphic courtesy of Techres)

Alan Alcorn of AA Optics is hosting a special event at their range for a Vortex supported Appleseed weekend. Vortex and AA Optics have come up with 10 (yes that is 10!) optics to give away as door prizes :

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-2-5-10x32-ffp-riflescope-with-ebr-1-moa-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-4-12x40-pa-riflescope-dead-hold-bdc-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-diamondback-4-12x40-ao-riflescope-v-plex-reticle 

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-diamondback-2-7x35-rimfire-riflescope-v-plex-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/sparc_red_dot

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/crossfire-II-4-12x40-ao-with-v-plex-moa-reticle     

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/crossfire-II-4-12x44-with-v-plex-moa-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/crossfire-II-3-9x40-with-v-plex-moa-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/crossfire-II-2-7x32-with-dead-hold-bdc-moa-reticle/reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/crossfire-II-2-7x32-rimfire-with-v-plex-moa-reticle/reticle

all scopes will be given in the winners choice of plex reticle, or BDC aswell as MOA or MIL reticles

As Instructors lets refrain from signing up as shooters for this event in hopes of winning some optics. we can use this generous offer to pull in new to Appleseed people that need to hear the message.

Now that is one heck of a list of scopes!!

The range has a potential capacity of 25 shooters so the odds are just short of 50/50 to win one of these optics. Did I say that was a lot of prizes already?!

Alan is a supporter and believer in Appleseed and so is Vortex so lets show them the support back.

Alright lets get out there to promote and sell out this event!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Nero

You either got a typo in your post title, or there's a very special calendar out there in Hoosierland!   ;D
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Brown

Quote from: Nero on July 01, 2013, 07:14:33 PM
You either got a typo in your post title, or there's a very special calendar out there in Hoosierland!   ;D

good catch thanks!!

Ratchett

Sorry Phil would love to help out but this is the KD shoot in Kentucky. Promised UL if he ever got a shoot at Park City I would be there. Hopefully some folks can help out, but I have been heavily promoting the KY event due to 1000 yard range.

IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

grunt soldier

I think I'm going to show up and help out on Sunday :)  got to work Saturday but Alan is my buddy so I know I need to show up or I'm in big trouble :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

AAOptics

Quote from: grunt soldier on July 02, 2013, 02:41:17 AM
I think I'm going to show up and help out on Sunday :)  got to work Saturday but Alan is my buddy so I know I need to show up or I'm in big trouble :)

He is a pretty good guy for someone who looks like a hippie ;D

grunt soldier

Darn hippies!

Rayne I can't wait to give you a hard time again :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

SPQR

The problem with hippies is that they are just so darn loveable.  It makes the eradication of their kind that much more trying.  Thankfully, a kinder response to their prevalence has been to arm them and point them towards the enemy. 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

GoldFish

This is ridiculous!  Ten FREE Vortex scopes?  Anybody reading this who knows something about optics should really try to go to this event, for more reasons than one.  Vortex scopes are some of the best out there, but it doesn't matter unless you can take advantage of the incredible precision that Vortex optics offer by knowing how to shoot.
OK, I'll get off my soap box now...  But seriously, winning one of those scopes at an Appleseed event would be quite something.

Whoever made this happen *cough* Brown *cough* should get a big pat on the back. O0
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

SPQR

Though Brown does deserve a lot of credit, the range host was a huge push on this. Vette has been baptized in the Way of Appleseed by Yellowhouse and he is full throttle full tilt boogie full of savin the country.  AA Optics is just at the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship with Appleseed.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AAOptics

Quote from: SPQR on July 02, 2013, 10:42:22 PM
AA Optics is just at the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship with Appleseed.

That is the intention sir.  I hope to host a winterseed that will be at some longer ranges. 

Rayne

~

grunt soldier

Rayne if you bring another awesome kid with you, it's very possible you will hear those words from me again :)

I say bring whatever you have the most fun with.

Can't wait to hang out with everyone again!

Corvette

Brown, just signed up to border raid for this shoot and help out on the line. From looking at the instructor signups you got a great line going with YHJ as  shoot boss and Barbie and the rest of the Indiana instructor gang.  If you would rather fill out your line with Indiana IITs don't worry about it, I won't be offended.  Just read about the shoot on Bob Owens blog and thought I would sign up.   I may have to back out anyway if we need a SB at Lima here in Ohio that weekend but you are in good hands with what you got already. 

Looks like a GREAT shoot and I hope it works out that I can make it.  We will see as the event gets closer.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Brown

20 Slots sold out as of today. Rumor has it Yellowhousejake may be making a trip there to see about getting more people on the line. So I am sure we will need some additional instructors. Border raiders wanted of course. Makes us all better individuals and instructors to work with others. Unless that means working with Slim **)

AA optics is offering a right off the top 10% discount to any Appleseed instructor and he is talking with Vortex corporate to see what kind of discount they might offer on top of that. will keep everyone updated as that develops.

Hop

Quote from: 42769vette on July 02, 2013, 11:10:11 PM
Quote from: SPQR on July 02, 2013, 10:42:22 PM
AA Optics is just at the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship with Appleseed.

That is the intention sir.  I hope to host a winterseed that will be at some longer ranges.

I held out of doing this one but will be in for a long range Winterseed.   ..:..

slim

GoldFish

Quote from: Brown on July 03, 2013, 12:58:51 PM
AA optics is offering a right off the top 10% discount to any Appleseed instructor and he is talking with Vortex corporate to see what kind of discount they might offer on top of that. will keep everyone updated as that develops.

^:)^
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Brown

This event just added 20 more slots to fill.

slim

Quote from: Brown on July 13, 2013, 04:25:42 PMThis event just added 20 more slots to fill.
Shoot. Now I have to reconfigure my math.  :slap: 10/25 = just less than 50%. 10/45 =........ well, if we're shooting at 25m and one minute of angle is 1/4 inch.....  :slap: :slap: :slap:

Brown

careful. dont hurt yourself ;D

Quote from: slim on July 16, 2013, 12:42:41 AM
Quote from: Brown on July 13, 2013, 04:25:42 PMThis event just added 20 more slots to fill.
Shoot. Now I have to reconfigure my math.  :slap: 10/25 = just less than 50%. 10/45 =........ well, if we're shooting at 25m and one minute of angle is 1/4 inch.....  :slap: :slap: :slap:

Rayne

~

AAOptics

As of today the 15 day forecast calls for some beautiful weather

Sat, Aug 31   
Sunny. Mild.   73°F   51°F   7 mph / NE   47%   77°F   Moderate   0%    
Sun, Sep 1   
Sunny. Mild.   78°F   51°F   5 mph / ENE   42%   79°F   Moderate   0%    

Rayne

~

Trisha

It has been awhile since I've been able to border raid so I am very much looking forward to helping instruct at this event!

Rayne

~

Corvette

YellowHouseJake/Brown

fyi, given the size of the shoot, I plan to bring with me my large battle road maps for display during the heritage presentations.  they are large enough to be seen by a group of 40 shooters.  Photo attached of Slim using them at Wilmington.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!