News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

History quiz... How's your history?

Started by Camljr, June 24, 2013, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

Below is a link to a 30-question test to see how well you know US Law.

Not exactly grade-school level. Give it a shot, and see how well you do!

Supposedly 96% of all High School Seniors FAILED this test ... AND if that's not bad enough, 50+% of all individuals over 50 did too!! Take the test and be surprised at what we don't know.

http://games.toast.net/independence/
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

scuzzy

Got an 87% - 26 out of 30.

Messed up on the Amendments and which President was born in Texas. Imagine that and I'm from Texas.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

malabar

drat!  missed two -- the number of amendments that failed, and the number of presidents assassinated.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Nero

Quote from: scuzzy on June 24, 2013, 11:17:50 PM
Got an 87% - 26 out of 30.

Messed up on the Amendments and which President was born in Texas. Imagine that and I'm from Texas.

I got exactly the same, and missed on the same questions.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

peterlandsiedel

I got 25/30, but it should be 26/30.

There are two correct answers to question 23. The question reads, "Which of these amendments is a ratified and current amendment?" Options are
A: Declaring it illegal to desecrate the American Flag.
B: Equality of Rights regardless of gender.
C: Restricting marriage in all States to be between a man and a woman.
D: Prohibiting the importing of liquor into States where it is illegal

While "D" is correct via the 21st Amendment, "B" is also correct. Amendment 14 § 1 provides that no state, "shall... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." The Supreme Court has found that women fall under the "equal protection" clause of the 14th amendment. See Reed v. Reed (1971) and Craig v. Boren (1976). Note that I'm not an attorney or anything, just an enthusiast of constitutional law.

Good quiz though, thanks for sharing.

Wy Knott

I got exactly six wrong. To close to not passing for comfort. I guess it's time to read the Constitution again.  ::)
"I have no respect for a man hoo can only spell a word one way"
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?

Ratchett

28/30. :-( Missed 24 & 25 I knew the English language one too---grrrrr!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

PHenry

Looks like i need to study. :wb:

25/30 missed 8, 23, and then burnt in on 28-30. Shame, shame, shame.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

TheEditor

Not braggin', but...

30 out of 30!

Who am I kidding.  I'm braggin'. 

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Johnnyappleseed

I missed 5 
Took it again and missed 3

# 8 is interestingly logic !
"
if a 4 year old is old enough to be killed in a car crash, they should be old enough to vote "

#23 has some interesting elements, I got it right the  1st time and missed it the 2 nd time.

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

JOEMORGAN

26 out of 30    87%  I figured GW bush wasn't born in Texas but put him down anyway. And I missed another one just because I had a brain cramp!  :wb: :wb:
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Prof. C.J.

Just got a 97% (29/30.)  Missed #22.

Two degrees in history and seven years teaching it at the college level, and I couldn't get a danged 100%. :slap:

My hat's off to TE.

"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

TheEditor

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

mike1alfa

Fun quiz,  got 26/30  may not have got that but my Grandpa helped me a little. My hat's also off to TE

stoneknives

29/30 Missed the Amendment booze question about transporting liquor.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

fisherdawg

28 out of 30 for 98%.
Not so bad -- President born in Texas was tough & number of unapproved amendments was a SWAG and wrong.  Great quiz, thanks CamL
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

scuzzy

Quote from: Camljr on June 24, 2013, 10:35:00 PM

Supposedly 96% of all High School Seniors FAILED this test ... AND if that's not bad enough, 50+% of all individuals over 50 did too!! Take the test and be surprised at what we don't know.

That's doesn't surprise me at all. If you've got your kids in govt indoctrination centers school do all you can to HOMESCHOOL. Even if you have to make some BIG lifestyle changes to do so. My wife and I did that with our youngest (now 22) and have never regretted it.

At least the AS instructors seem to be a knowledgeable bunch from what I've seen myself. That's one of the reasons I like doing shoots - I get to hang out with some of the best there are in this country.

Sometimes I get a bit depressed about the level of understanding in our Nation - but then I'll do a shoot and it never fails to perk me up when I see the instructors - and students - that actually are aware and not 'low info' individuals.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PHenry

QuoteI get to hang out with some of the best there are in this country.
Amen. brother. That has much to do with I am here.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ThaiFighter

29/30...  had no idea Dwight was a Texan...   :slap:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)