News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Banner stand?

Started by FiremanBob, July 23, 2013, 01:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanBob

Recently I printed two 30 x 48 banners of Battle Road. I mounted them on a flipchart easel using wood strips and zip ties, but it was very kludgy. I remember seeing somewhere that an instructor had made a stand using PVC pipe or conduit that one could bungee the banner to, that was very neat. Can anyone point me to a measured drawing or parts list?

Thanks.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

malabar

My son made up a stand like that for the banner we use at gunshows for our gunleather business.  It's dead simple. I could take some photos if you like.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

V

Quote from: FiremanBob on July 23, 2013, 01:07:12 PM
Recently I printed two 30 x 48 banners of Battle Road. I mounted them on a flipchart easel using wood strips and zip ties, but it was very kludgy. I remember seeing somewhere that an instructor had made a stand using PVC pipe or conduit that one could bungee the banner to, that was very neat. Can anyone point me to a measured drawing or parts list?

Thanks.
Like this?

I now use the old swing set frame now my kids are all growed up as seen in the first couple of photo's here

They both pull apart for easy packing in the car, just push together and nail to the ground with 8" nails from Home Depot.

Cheers
V

number6

24-36 inch pieces of rebar.  Conduit that fits over the rebar, one piece slightly longer than your banner is wide, two that are as tall as you want the top of the banner to be.  two 90 degree elbows/connectors for the conduit (ones that secure with screws)

Drive the rebar halfway into the ground at the proper distance apart, set the U frame on top of them, hang the banner using zip ties or bungee cords, or split rings or binder rings, duct tape, gum, I.A.O.

If you have a limit as to how big you can store, cut the conduit pieces and use straight connectors.  Roll up the banners around the conduit to store.

Hammer/rock to drive stakes, Screwdriver to put connectors together.

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

FiremanBob

V, thanks, that's the model I'm looking for. Looks like the PVC pipe has a better variety of connectors and angles than conduit. I don't suppose you have a parts list?
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Stuart McKim

For my frame out here in the windy West (see this photo), I chose to make it more flexible than the previously-linked one. It's come in handy on two of the four shoots I've used it at so far. The open legs allow me to weigh it down with just about anything heavy and allowing the frame to flex all the way from the base keeps it from breaking or tipping over all the way. I used 3/4" thick-walled PVC. Three cross members 6" longer than the banners and verticals 6" longer than the banners. A side benefit is that it breaks down quickly into a long bag I made.
"Good positions mean good scores. Poor positions mean poor scores. It's as easy as that." - Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle (1943)