News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

You might be an Appleseeder if ....

Started by Twineagles, January 27, 2013, 12:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

That strange rattle in your truck turns out to be your loaner GI sling that slid under the seat.
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Pitmaster

You have more loaner 10/22s than family members who shoot.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

SteelThunder

Quote from: Twineagles on January 27, 2013, 12:24:46 PM
That strange rattle in your truck turns out to be your box of 5-10loaner GI slings that slid under the seat.

Fixed it for you.

Also:

Your fashion choices on an AS weekend consist of OD or tan
You find spare 10/22 magazines in pockets of pants and coats all over the place
You find used chamber flags in the washer after pulling a load
You can go on vacation and wear a different AS shirt everyday (this one is for you, 'burbs)
You find loose .22 LR in the bottom of the laundry basket
Your "t-shirt drawer" has one side full of AS t-shirts, crowding out everything else
You tell your kids that it's time to get in the car by saying "With 3 children...LOAD!" (that one's for you, Oz)
You find yourself slipping in refrences to Wyman and Whittemore into casual, dinner party conversation
You find stacks of have trifolds and Redcoats everywhere...just in case - car console, briefcase, gym bag, on your desk at work
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Miller

Your coworkers complain about you constantly clicking your pen.

When receiving packages you examine the packing material to see if it's worth using to adjust comb height.

You have more zip ties in your vehicle than the electrician next door.

You own more than one staple gun.

You've ever used a chamber flag as a book mark.

You have multiple sets of 1 1/4" swivels still in the package because you found a sale.

You've made multiple trips to the local farm store in a day to comply with their 5 boxes to a customer limit on ammo.

It's raining/snowing/sleeting/bitterly cold/scorching hot and you shake your head at having a range to yourself.

You police brass for calibers you don't shoot because you know *insert forum name* loads for that.

You've ever gotten into a polite argument over .308 vs. .30-06.

You've ever used a web sling to keep your pants up. ;)

You can go camping for a weekend without having to pack anything in your car.
Fearful but resolute.

Yankeedutch

You have prepped mags for rifles you don't own...
just in case.
You have color choices of vet wrap and tape.
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Dougum

You have steel plates made into the shape of redcoats and have 3 cans of Regal Red rolling around in the bed of your truck.

You shake your head at those who say that an SKS CANNOT shoot over 200 yards

You use tri-folds as book marks in a borrowed copy of the American Rifle.

You have a prized collection of non qualifying AQTs clogging up your range box yet have your Rifleman target framed, signed, and a spotlight installed to highlight it in a power outage.

Dougum
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Unbridled Liberty

Your kitchen faucet has been leaking for months.
Your garden has more weeds than vegetables.
Your car no longer fits in the garage.
You have a range bag the size of a large steamer trunk.
You have tubes of sunscreen in all your cars cupholders.
You have ammo cans labeled with your forum name, written in paint marker.
You have an assortment of clipboards all over your house, car and garage.
You have single foam ear plugs of styles and colors you have never bought.
You find lengths of trimmer string in many of your pants pockets.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Transform

You're exhausted after a long day at the range, yet you're still on the forums late Sunday night, instead of sleeping or preparing for Monday morning.

Two Wolves

You carry an Appleseed challenge coin in your billfold.

The floorboard behind the front seat of your car has trifolds scattered around.

There is Appleseed literature in the trunk of your car.

You have complete strangers asking you about your tee shirt.

Your yearly calendar has dates blocked out for shooting events--for the whole year.

You have flourescent orange line paint on your finger nails.
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Josey Wales

..I am glad I am not the only one, I am an Appleseeder..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Two Wolves

The people you yearn to spend time with the most are fellow Appleseeders.

You have a dummy rifle with a sling and a laser mounted to it.

You have cleared redcoats stapled up on the wall of your man-cave.

Your non-appleseed friends aquaintances call you Johnny Appleseed.
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

LawDog

You all had met "Hello!"  Thanks for the laughs.  This is great stuff.

SteelThunder

Quote from: Two Wolves on January 28, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

You have a multiple dummy rifles with a sling and a laser mounted to it them.

FIFY
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Two Wolves

Quote from: SteelThunder on January 28, 2013, 02:24:21 PM
Quote from: Two Wolves on January 28, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

You have a multiple dummy rifles with a sling and a laser mounted to it them.

FIFY
[/quote

One with a red laser and one with a green laser!

George Hacker

You post pictures of shot redcoat targets and AQTs on your Facebook page.

All of your neighbors know who Hezekiah Wyman and Samuel Whittemore were.

You quote John Adams to children and you quote Patrick Henry to adults.

You buy tin flashing at Home Depot to use as raw materials to make redcoat-shaped cookie cutters for friends.

You constantly take double takes as you drive because you thought you saw an abandoned political sign that could be repurposed as a target backer.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

dragit

Your wife asks you when you are going to put those boxes in the attic, although you already had complied with the initial request.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

SteelThunder

You could build several 10/22s from "left over parts" you have on hand from modifying rifles into LTRs

You add up what you've spent on your "special" 10/22 and realize you bought your first beater car for less

You know the reliability rate of Remington Value Pack .22 LR cartridges down to the 0.001%

You've made up several curse words that you reserve for use towards Rem Value Pack - many of them sound like the father from "A Christmas Story"

You can get into an hour long conversation about why the Green Shoot Boss hat is WAY better than the new one

You pine for the days of orange chamber flags
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis

NorCal22Gal

You feel honored when the first Red Hat you promote to Shoot Boss demands one of the Green Hats still left in the supply box.... :)

spitfire51

You go to a gun shop and wonder why none of the rifles on display have chamber flags inserted.

Whenever you sleep in on a weekend it feels really weird and you swear you're forgetting something.

You have a strong urge to correct people who quote Henry Longfellow's "Paul Revere's Ride."

You shake your head at people who ask for recommendations on what bipod they should buy.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

olefido

This is for Redfox24:

You go to the gun store and shake your head in wonder at the guy that buys 3 boxes of shells to sight in his rifle and complains that he already went through 2 boxes without succeeding.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

2 clicks low

You go to the range to shoot and end up teaching steady hold factors to strangers.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

AFTERMATH

Your rifle gets more oil changes than your car.
It only makes sense because your rifle is worth more than your car.
But that's only because you've gone through so many cars you don't bother buying one that'll last - Cause it won't.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Dude

You keep asking yourself, "Why am I cleaning this rifle again, when I haven't fired it 3 years?????"

The tops of your boot toes are as worn as the soles.

You fall asleep mumbling "hold the trigger back.....hold the trigger back........hold....the trigger....baaa........"
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

You had to get another secure storage cabinet just for loaner rifles.

There is a whole bank of shelves in the pole barn for Appleseed "stuff".

The Wife (Lord bless her) just assumes its an Appleseed weekend late-April through mid-October unless notified otherwise.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Miller

You're proned out in the mud in a cold rain and happy as a clam.  And you haven't and won't fire a shot all day.

Fearful but resolute.

Pitmaster

You snore using rifleman's cadence.

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Mutti

Quote from: olefido on January 28, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
This is for Redfox24:
You go to the gun store and shake your head in wonder at the guy that buys 3 boxes of shells to sight in his rifle and complains that he already went through 2 boxes without succeeding.

+1 1/2  ::)
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Oz

You can't name the members of your wedding party but you can rattle off the forum name of every instructor at your first Appleseed.

You walk into a room with youngsters present and mentally remind yourself to be sure to call it a "bucket" shot and drop the "gelding" quote today.

When advising a soon to be college student, you turn NPOA into a metaphor for life.   

Quote from: SteelThunder on January 27, 2013, 01:06:30 PM
You tell your kids that it's time to get in the car by saying "With 3 children...LOAD!" (that one's for you, Oz)

I'm going to keep saying that until Zazzles admits it's funny.  She did laugh the other morning when she was packing her backpack for school and I said "Student!  Your preparation period begins NOW!"
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

NorCal22Gal

where are the multiple LIKE buttons...man..... **)  love the snore in riflemans cadence.....

Melissa

You stop somewhere on the way home with your loop sling still on your arm and a streak of fouling down your cheek and neck.

You have AQTs posted knee-high on your walls for practicing your NPOA.

When you get stressed, you pull out a rifle that isn't dirty and zen out cleaning it.

There's a whiteboard in the corner of your living room, with remnants of an IMC lesson still on it that you don't have the heart to erase.

On the wall next to your desk are your first Rifleman AQT, a picture of "King Porge" with its snout blown out, and a calendar with at least one weekend highlighted.

You write memos on the backs of COIs from previous shoots.

You wonder why you keep smelling Rem Oil, and then realize it's your clothing.

You realize that you've had a .22 casing down the back of your shirt this whole time.

You remember to always keep power drills, squirt bottles and staple guns pointed in a safe direction.

You lie down to read a book and realize you're in prone.

You've sworn to "make a rifleman" out of everyone you know.

You suddenly realize that everyone at the range is making the same shooting mistakes.

The guy to your left apologizes for his brass hitting you, and you wonder why you didn't notice.

The sound of gunfire is soothing.

You wear an Appleseed T-shirt almost every day of your life.

You've bought an extra one in a size up so you can sleep in it.

True stories  ;)