News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

You might be an Appleseeder if ....

Started by Twineagles, January 27, 2013, 12:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedFox24

Quote from: olefido on January 28, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
This is for Redfox24:

You go to the gun store and shake your head in wonder at the guy that buys 3 boxes of shells to sight in his rifle and complains that he already went through 2 boxes without succeeding.

Hey, I resemble that remark.......... 
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

RiflesnReins

You sleep in your Orange Hat.
You fall asleep while in the prone position during the 4th stage.
You Sib's can recite your History....backwards.
You call people by their Forum name, without even knowing their real one.
Your nightmares are about messing up at an Appleseed, in front of EVERYONE.
Your Sib's collect .22 casings, to make art projects. Then they  enter them into the local Fair.
You can find another Appleseeder, from 50 feet away.
You brush your hair, and find more then one casing stuck in it.
When your Sib's recite History, in their sleep.
When your idea of dressing up to go into town is, a AS shirt, your Hat, and blue jeans.
You drive 15 miles down the road and feel your Ear plugs still in.
Your Sisters personal motto is, "Drink more water, before you shrivel up and die. It is hard to make Rifleman when you are dead." **)

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Hinermad

You know that dirt, sand, mud, and grass are more comfortable than a Midway USA shooting mat.

You've considered mounting your TV remote control on a dummy rifle.

After seeing your in-laws' vacation videos, you explain to them about respiratory pause.

You wish you had a penny for every .22 case you left behind, but you know you'd just spend it on more ammo.

Every time you see a hillside, you automatically estimate how many shooters it could accommodate as a backstop, and where the firing line would be.

You don't just call "time out," you call it 3 times.

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.

NorCal22Gal

when drinking a bottle of water you keep your support elbow under the bottle....

Twineagles

Your the only one at the range and you are waiting for the load command
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Wy Knott

Guys this is awesome! You say one thing after another and I say Check...,Check.... ::)

You want to correct people when they pronounce inalienable (rights) from the Declaration of Independence and explain the difference between freedom and liberty to complete strangers when they misuse one of the words.
"I have no respect for a man hoo can only spell a word one way"
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?

Transform

Your sleep patterns have changed:
You used to be a back-sleeper, now you wake up in prone.
You used to sleep quietly, now you call out line commands in your sleep.
You never used to sleepwalk, now you wake up in your chair, logged into the forums.
You sleep with the lights on, because you can't put down Fischer before you pass out.
You now hear gunfire in your sleep that doesn't come from your neighbor's land.

scuzzy

If you're on the forum on a Friday night.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Miller

Fearful but resolute.

Miller

Your copy of Fischer has colored sticky tabs marking key points of the 3 Strikes along one edge and D.O.M./D.D. along the top, notes penciled in the margins, a splash of mud on at least one page, and is dog eared and water stained. 

Fearful but resolute.

Yankeedutch

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Pitmaster

If you are nodding your head while reading this thread.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

mac3647

you wake your self up saying: "i called that one"
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

Melissa

Quote from: Transform on February 01, 2013, 08:49:19 PM
You sleep with the lights on, because you can't put down Fischer before you pass out.
Hear, hear!

A few more...

When you're computer is slow you find yourself yelling, "LOAD!"

"Down, boy, down!" to your unruly dog becomes, "Disperse, ye rebel!"

You've got a row of different caliber brass casings lined up on top of a TV you never use.

You picked these casings up at Appleseed and refer to it as your "diversity display."

The UPS guy hauls a box up to your door, and asks, panting, "What's this thing full of, lead?!"

You discover that you can run faster and farther if you breathe in rifleman's cadence.

Your right shoulder and left hip (or vice versa, if you're a lefty) are always a little bruised.

You cringe and turn away, biting your lip fiercely, when someone says, "History's boring. Who needs it, anyway?"

You've tally-marked every day you've lived... outside of Appleseed.

You refer to putting on the parking brake as "racking the bolt."

You doubled-up laughing when you read the line, "I went to see what was acting and went to git me a horse." (Classic Paul Revere!)

And now, you've officially replaced "What's going on?" with "What's actin'?"

You're in prone in your backyard, wearing your Appleseed shirt, reading Fischer and using a chamber flag as a bookmark; and you don't realize it until someone else calls it to your attention.

You spent five consecutive hours writing a poem on the First Strike (breathing in, breathing out, pausing and clicking your pen between lines).

Whippet

Hey Melissa, I bet many would love to read that poem. Post it, or many make a new topic for Appleseeder created writings.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Melissa

Quote from: Whippet on February 02, 2013, 02:19:29 PM
Hey Melissa, I bet many would love to read that poem. Post it, or many make a new topic for Appleseeder created writings.

Good idea  :) http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=33935.new#new

PHenry

You used to do a lot things.
Shooting
Diving
Paint Ball
Gun Shows
Run your business properly
Spend time with family
Clean rifles you actually shot
Reload

And yet, it seems like a fair exchange.  :cool2:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Wy Knott

While watching your ducks and geese at the creek you tell sibs the strikes.
You become so engrossed talking that the geese wander off never to be seen again.
Yes...True!
"I have no respect for a man hoo can only spell a word one way"
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?

Miller

Quote from: Melissa on February 02, 2013, 01:19:29 PM

"Down, boy, down!" to your unruly dog becomes, "Disperse, ye rebel!"

I have a pair of schnauzers.
For a few years now they've been referred to as the Hessian Mercenaries.

The UPS guy hauls a box up to your door, and asks, panting, "What's this thing full of, lead?!"

Heh, the day the UPS guy dropped off four cans of M-2 from the CMP was amusing.  Said he, "Damn these are heavy, and they sound like they may be broken.  You mind checking that they're okay?"

So I cut the tape and lifted an ammo can out by it's handle.  UPS dude rolled his eyes and had a few choice words about boxes and handles.

He left with a tri-fold and my standard offer to supply any gear needed if he spent a weekend on the line.

Haven't seen him on one of my lines yet though.  :wb:
Fearful but resolute.

Hinermad

Quote from: Miller on February 02, 2013, 06:23:51 PMI have a pair of schnauzers.
For a few years now they've been referred to as the Hessian Mercenaries.

Haw! I resemble that remark. Great great (...) great grandad was a Hessian who was captured and held in Maryland, and later married a lady in Pennsylvania and settled in. He really was a Revolutionary War veteran.

QuoteHaven't seen him on one of my lines yet though.

He's probably afraid you'll order more ammo.

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.

Miller

Fearful but resolute.

Dougum

you find out when filling out your National Honors Society Papers that 90% of your community service revolves around firearms instruction and all of your "community organizations" are firearms related.

True story  :P
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

RedFox24

when you pull up to a stop sign with the kids in the car you ask " line clear on the right?  line clear on the left?"  and after affirmative responsive from the kids you say "The line is clear the line is clear" and then drive on........
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

olefido

When your talking to someone who talks really loud and you keep reaching up to your ear to turn down the sound on your electronic earmuffs even though you're not wearing them.

...or you've had to have a foam rubber ear plug surgically removed MORE THAN ONCE.

...or you shop for your next set of eye glass frames based on which ones will be the easiest to shoot with.

...or (and you must have a death wish) you yell at your wife for muzzle sweeping you with the vacuum cleaner nozzle.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Whippet

Quote from: olefido on February 06, 2013, 09:53:50 PM
...or (and you must have a death wish) you yell at your wife for muzzle sweeping you with the vacuum cleaner nozzle.

Did she just respond with "thank you"? I bet she used at least one of the words.  >:D
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Twineagles

You look in your glove box and truck console for a pen and the closest thing you find are a red, an orange and an aqua chamber flag.
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

PHenry

yer favorite pen is made from a LC 7.62 x 51 case connected to a LC 7.62 x 63 case. The best part is that it was a gift from a shooter at an event.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

olefido

Quote from: Whippet on February 07, 2013, 12:22:12 AM

Did she just respond with "thank you"? I bet she used at least one of the words.  >:D
Yes, and it wasn't the first one.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Miller

Quote from: olefido on February 07, 2013, 08:48:39 PM
Quote from: Whippet on February 07, 2013, 12:22:12 AM

Yes, and it wasn't the first one.

In the spirit of all things Appleseed....
The next time your survival instincts slip like that I've got a couch you're welcome to use.
O0
Fearful but resolute.