News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I need a show of hands

Started by 9mm4545, August 31, 2012, 01:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Calling all Florida Appleseed instructors! We now have a whole new crop of instructors in training who have yet to benefit from the wonders of an IBC. The instructor boot camp is the fastest way known to develop solid instructing skills, grow in the mission of Appleseed, and have a really good time with some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I am now asking who might be up for such an adventure in November. The best date is looking like the weekend of November 17-18 but we need to find out who is in. Let me know if this date will work for you and if we can count on you and we will make it happen. The location is still being determined but we should know soon, based on the number of responses. Now really is the time for all good men (and women) to come to the aid of their country.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

panhead

howdy

November is contingent upon family commitments and upcoming clinical trials that we are running here at the asylum. No, really...

The IBC in Palatka was one to be remembered! Quite a crop of top notch talent assembled and has done their instructors proud. A far cry from just 2 or 3 years ago in this state. Then it was Trey, Eric Brian and Paul covering the whole state...if you went to an AS back then, you have probably met ALL these guys. My first IBC was Paul, Brian and me. Palatka was pushing 20 orange hats. And great attitudes all around.

If you can make it folks, you will drink from the fire hose in a whole different way. And if the new Parramore Gang is there, you  are in for a big time!

Thanks to those guys for planting the seed.
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

Sly223

Let's do this,
if we are doubling, we need to try two of these a year!
If you were an IIT at Palatkka it should be highly recommended but not mandatory.
We have a lot of people that picked up the orange, they need the inside scoop on how we instruct!
I too need my skills resharpened as only PHenrey,seems to be able to! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

smoakingun

Alright. I'm in. we can hold it at my place again. Same rules apply. I will have space in the shop for folks to set up camp. The line will be set up for a live fire mock Appleseed.
I will have more tables available for classroom time. There will be a porta-john available. Big coolers of ice will be on hand. All I need from you guys is a commitment to show up.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

alkeford

I am there. Lets get the calls out to all the IIT you know and get them there. Thanks smoke for stepping up.
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Prof. C.J.

If it's in Palatka on that weekend, count me in.
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

douglas34474

As long as we're having fun, I'll be there.

StevenK

I am from n.j.  Would I be eligible for ibc?

alkeford

Quote from: stevenk on September 03, 2012, 02:57:34 AM
I am from n.j.  Would I be eligible for ibc?
yes you would all IIT's and Instructors are welcome. We all must keep a Teachable attitude,the learning never ends
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

malabar

I am in need of one, but alas, I am already committed that weekend.

Will do everything I can to make the next one.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

alkeford

Quote from: malabar on September 04, 2012, 04:49:13 PM
I am in need of one, but alas, I am already committed that weekend.

Will do everything I can to make the next one.

tk
This one was put together for you and nomad
Tomet Nosce

bill o rites

The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

malabar

Aargh.  Where do I sign up?

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

alkeford

Quote from: malabar on September 09, 2012, 09:09:04 PM
Aargh.  Where do I sign up?

tk
you can sign up at    Instructor Boot Camp (IBC) Schedule 2012   I just checked its not up yet but should be in a couple of days i know 9mm4545 sent in the form last week
Tomet Nosce

Bigcountry

now that I have shot Rifleman at Hernando I would like to take the next step and take up the orange hat and this IBC sounds like an oppurtunity to get some good training, count me in.

9mm4545

Watch for the event to be listed in the very near future. Apparently I have finally got the paperwork in a form that can be utilized and the event should be showing up soon--I hope.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

9mm4545

The IBC is now officially posted and is open for registration! Who will be the very first one to sign up?

Prof. C.J.

No clue if I'm actually first or not, but I did just officially throw in.  Looking forward to it!
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

Mr Pete

No better way to resume the banner than to meet Florida cadre.

Also need to assemble the crew for the inaugural CFRPC Appleseed...my new home range!

-Pete
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Sly223

We need another Instructor only event,
RBC/IBC/KD clinic lets get something in the works! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

malabar

hmmmm. just so happens I know where you can get a 600-yard range....

tk

alkeford

lets bring PHenry into the loop and find out what dates he has open
Tomet Nosce

Engineer shooting

Isaac Davis Memorial open for RBC/IBC any time. KD by fall.

..:..
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

PHenry

I'm in!
May 25/26 open.
June 22 to Aug 10 looking pretty clear.
Oct 19 / 20, 26/27 open.
Sept 7/8, 28/29 open.
Oct 26/27 open.
Nov 23 - Dec 14 open.

Don't forget the Mack Daddy of all boot camps - the RBC at Home Range in Ramseur, late August. Eight days total of immersion training. What kind of training? Appleseeeeeeds Traaaaaining Sir!

Plenty of time around that RBC for IBCs / KDCs. We havn't had a proper KDC since ItsanSKS left. What's up with that????

Pick a date and tell me what u want - I'll be thar.  O0
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

My place will be available for an IBC one again. I am currently working on a KDC event for the fall in Ocala. I talked to the land owner monday. He will get get back to me with potential dates.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

ThaiFighter

Quote from: PHenry on May 16, 2013, 04:31:25 PM
Don't forget the Mack Daddy of all boot camps - the RBC at Home Range in Ramseur, late August. Eight days total of immersion training. What kind of training? Appleseeeeeeds Traaaaaining Sir!

THIS!!!

A whole week actually on the line instructing beats an IBC.   I wonder how many demos you can give and PC's you can pass in 6 days! 

and then at the end of that, a whole AS weekend to try n put the cherry on the top with a shiny new red hat!

Git yer butts in gear n get up here!

Word to yo Mommas!!

W
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

PHenry

Smoak,
Keep up good fight sir and thanks for your fine efforts.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ToneDef

I love how this thread is going! Any time before Mid-October is fine for me. After that I'll have mini-me to care for.
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

PHenry

FYI: I just added some RO duties at my local range.

I cannot run an IBC / KDC on the following dates (unless there is a critical need and I will dump RO duty):
7/13
9/14
10/19

Which means the following are still open:

May 25/26 open.
June 22 to Aug 10 clear EXCEPT for weekend of 7/13-7/14
Oct 19 / 20, 26/27 open.
Sept 7/8, 28/29 open.
Oct 26/27 open.
Nov 23 - Dec 14 open.

KDC or IBC or both are in order for sure. I will also seek to run an IBC in SC ASAP, owing to a growing cadre there that would benefit from learning what I was taught by my mentors.

Let's get it on the books!
PH

9mm4545

My vote is for sometime in the fall after the weather cools (potentially at least). I will be out of town for all of June and a part of July. October maybe? This will get us a good start for the high season here in Florida and we should have plenty of time to rearrange schedules in order to attend. Thoughts?