News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I need a show of hands

Started by 9mm4545, August 31, 2012, 01:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. C.J.

FWIW, October for a KDC would be great for me.  O0
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

Sly223

I was hoping for late July
I know iyts in the middle of the heat
This way it will not interfere with a sold out event that we have to staff leaving our work to be done by the traveling team! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry

We could do IBC in July and KDC in October. More time spent in sun at KDC. As a scrawny little man. long lived in sub-trop conditions, I can go either way, but I know we gots some transplants that wilt in sun like lilly in the field.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

theri

Quote from: 9mm4545 on May 20, 2013, 11:02:56 AM
My vote is for sometime in the fall after the weather cools (potentially at least). I will be out of town for all of June and a part of July. October maybe? This will get us a good start for the high season here in Florida and we should have plenty of time to rearrange schedules in order to attend. Thoughts?

I agree that fall (October-November) would be best.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Prof. C.J.

Looks like last weekend of October and first weekend of November there are no Appleseed shoots scheduled in Florida, unless I'm mistaken, so none of us would have a conflict there.

For selfish reasons, I'd prefer one of those weekends for a KDC.  Less because of the heat (I just earned an Infernoseed patch this weekend and am a lifelong FL resident, so I know I can handle it, however unpreferable it may be for a portly gent like myself) than because I'll be away for a  good chunk of July.  If there was an IBC in July, I'd still try to make it if I could, but if it happened to be while I was away, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me since I have been to an IBC before.  However, I've never been to a KDC, and never even had the opportunity to shoot past 200 yards, so would really hate even more to miss that than to miss the IBC.
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

malabar

Well, if you're interested....

I've got a 600-yard range available.  In fact, the only certified 600 in the state.  We also have firing lines at 200, 300, 400 and 500. 

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003