News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2012 After Action Reports from other sources

Started by hawkhavn, February 04, 2012, 11:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

number6

You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Edheler

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

LittleMo

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

connibear

Was just curious to find out why the osage beach group does not post any AAR reports. any help would be great. thanks
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Bev-pistol packin mama

I had the pleasure of attending this 2 day class with the most wonderful instructors I have ever met. These guys were knowledgable, helpful, caring, dedicated, compassionate AND Passionate about their mission.  :bow:  I would not hesitate to take another weekend class (and believe me it was grueling on this OLD, tired and worn body of mine) because the experience was without comparison AND I want my RIFLEMAN patch. (PSSSST can we call it rifle PERSON? LOL) To all of  the instructors- my respect and heartfelt thanks for the fabulous job you did. I am going to practice till we meet again and achieve the honor and distinction of carrying forth the traditions on which our country was founded.

Bev
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

caverkevin

What she said times two!  Everything was awesome.  Wishing I had made the time sooner to attend a event.  Looking forward to another one in the near future.  Until then lots of dry fire practice. 

Quote from: Bev-pistol packin mama on November 11, 2012, 11:31:52 PM
I had the pleasure of attending this 2 day class with the most wonderful instructors I have ever met. These guys were knowledgable, helpful, caring, dedicated, compassionate AND Passionate about their mission.  :bow:  I would not hesitate to take another weekend class (and believe me it was grueling on this OLD, tired and worn body of mine) because the experience was without comparison AND I want my RIFLEMAN patch. (PSSSST can we call it rifle PERSON? LOL) To all of  the instructors- my respect and heartfelt thanks for the fabulous job you did. I am going to practice till we meet again and achieve the honor and distinction of carrying forth the traditions on which our country was founded.

Bev

canman61

I also attended the AS in Waco, GA. What a fun weekend of education and shooting! Thank you so much to all the fantastic instructors. You have my respect and appreciation. i will be returning and spreading the word. God Bless

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

JOEMORGAN

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Bob's article.  O0
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

TaosGlock

An Appleseed mention here:

Another goal that keeps her busy is "...to become a 'Red Hat' in the Appleseed.program. I'm an IIT-4 now (Orange Hat--highest level instructor-in-training) and just need to pass my next progress check to become a full fledged Instructor."

http://www.womenshooters.com/1112issue/Jennings1112.html
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Colorado Pete

Interesting critique of the program from "Art of the Rifle" blog:

http://artoftherifle.blogspot.com/2012/11/constructive-criticism-for-appleseed.html

Interesting stuff in the comments too.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

The Wolfhound

Wow! There I was about to post a great review and my Regional Coordinator beat me to it.  The shoot may have been in Virgina but I believe he would have found the same experience in any other state too.  The podcast runs 33 minutes with the good stuff begining about the 4 minute mark and going to the 31 minute mark.  If you ever doubt our program, give this a listen to raise your spirits.  http://www.thelegacypodcast.com/episode-102-my-evaluation-of-project-appleseed/

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Chainsaw

I didn't see this posted about an event in Colorado:

Michael Bane

Down Range Radio #292: Project Appleseed

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/down-range-radio-292-project-appleseed/18957/

Appleseed content starts at 16:30
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

scuzzy

Thanks all. Keep 'em coming. It's pretty impressive list of reviews we have now:

http://appleseedinfo.org/latest_news.html

TaosGlock

Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

Stuart Rhodes of Oath Keepers mentions Appleseed by showing a pic  of a AS firing line part way down:
His blog title was: "My Personal Pledge of Resistance Against Any Attemp to Disarm Us by Means of an "Assault Weapons Ban"

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/12/19/my-personal-pledge-of-resistance-against-any-attemp-to-disarm-us-by-means-of-an-assault-weapons-ban/

Pitmaster

Bob Owens mentions Appleseed on the first day of 2013. I ran across this on Facebook after it was liked and shared by 2 friends in different parts of the U.S.

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/01/of-tyrants-and-dangerous-old-men/
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Smurf

I thought that you should read the following written by a young post-teenage female student.

The four ladies came to us last spring with NO, NONE, ZERO prior experience or knowledge of any type of marksmanship. They have attended several Appleseed events in the past year. Their shooting skills are progressing. They all understand the different parts of instruction and could present an entire course on their own if they had to!!! And I believe that they would if we were not providing it. We have all made a difference for them and for many, many other students.

Thank You,
SMURF 

A Learning Experience

When my friend invited me along to learn how to shot a rifle, I did not know what
to expect. All that the flyer said was the name of the program,"APPLESEED", the dates,
and that I would learn how to shoot a rifle and learn about our American history. But the
only thing I cared about on that flyer was "Rifle Marksmanship Skills". I had always
wanted to learn to shoot, and here was my chance.

I knew I would have to find some way to ask my parents, so they would let me go.
After telling them that my friend was bringing her mom, and her mom would make sure
everything was safe, they agreed to let me go. I could not believe it; I was going to learn
how to shoot a rifle. A full day was planned, from 8am to 5 pm, with a small lunch break.
We were loaned rifles, and the day began. I could not wait to start shooting, but the most
important thing about using any type of firearm is safty. The instructor explained the safty
instructions, and also talked about the events that took place on April 19th, 1775. I also
learned some interesting facts about these events that I had never heard.

Paul Revere's Ride, the Battles of Lexington and Concord, and "The Shot Heard
Round the World" were some of the events that the instructor talked about. All the
colonist wanted was representation in England, which as English citizens they were
entitled to receive. The colonists had not even thought of seperating from England at this
point. Yet the British regulars were ordered to find and remove all firearms from the
colonists, because they did not want the colonists armed in case it came down to a fight.
All the other raids by the Regulars had been peaceful, with no opposition from the
colonists, which is why it makes this particular raidmemorable in American history. The
colonists had no intention of letting the Regulars take any more of their arms, so they
alarmed the countryside. The call for help, started by Paul Revere's Ride, even reached
people in Kentucky, which showed how the system for the Minute Men was organized
and well planned in advance, not accidental. The Minute Men were ordinary men who
were ready to respond at a moments's notice. They put up a stand to the Regulars and so
the Battles of Lexington and Concord were the first of the American Revolution.

The instructor told these stories of people during that time in order to make it
more personal and to illustrate how much these people sacrificed for our freedom today.
Isaac Davis was one such man. He was a handy man in his town and a Minute Man. He
responded to the call and grabbing his rifle, he turned to his wife and said, "Take care of
the children" and left. His children were sick with something similar to scarlet fever and
his wife felt that she would never see him alive again. Isaac Davis died that day, during
the battle. John Adams once said, "Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the
present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it. If you
do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it". Many other
men responded the same way as Isaac Davis, ready to give their lives for their rights and
their freedom.

At last, it was time to shoot. I was taught to make my body as steady as possible,
in order to shoot straighter. The instructor showed everyone a little green army man, one
sprawled out on the ground, and told us to get used to lying like that. I became so sore
from lying like that little green army man, or lying prone as it is officially called. But
when the day ended, I didn't want to go home
   I had so much fun at Appleseed, but the first time there I did not realize how much
of an impact it would have on my life or on the lives of others. I learned through this
program, that the American people must become involved in their government, that we
have a say, and that we must write letters to our representatives, letting them know we
either disagree with or support their decisions.When I see people reenacting the American
Revolution and who are willing to share their enthusiasm for our history, it makes me so
proud to be an American. People should really get involved in their heritage and what it
means to be an American.

Project Appleseed was founded to instruct Americans on their heritage, and teach
rifle marksmanship. The name "Appleseed" is from Johnny Appleseed, who went around
the country, and planted apple seeds. He did not wait to see if the tree would grow, he
moved on and kept planting, and if he had waited for the tree to grow he would never
have planted so many trees. The job for anyone who participates in this program is to
spread the goals, regardless of whether or not those seeds take root.

After enjoying myself immensely at Appleseed, I wanted others to participate in
this event as well. My sister joined me at the first Appleseed I went to, and I brought my
mom to the next. Even though she did not love all the lying on the ground, she now
participates in other ways, such as letting others know of this great organization. I then
brought my dad and my other sister to the event, and they both loved it, and can't wait to
go to the next one. The only family member I still have to bring is my little brother, but I
will certainly bring him when he is old enough, because I want him to share in this
enriching experience.

Learning how to shoot a rifle is not the most important thing I have learned from
Project Appleseed. Inspiring people to become involved in the government and to
understand the sacrifice that our freedom cost is the important thing. We risk losing our
freedom that others have paid so dearly for, by not being aware and understanding our
history.

Words written by an Appleseed student for her school project in 2012.

hawkhavn

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2013/01/19/the-so-called-assault-weapons-on-my-rifle-range/?singlepage=true

Gotta love it when you know the folks in the pictures, can name the ranges and remember when/where the picture was taken!

Thanks Bob!
HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Transform

TaosGlock

From Sipsey Street Irregulars, an honarable mention...
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/01/in-meantime-while-others-are-gnashing.html
--snip--
In the meantime, while others are gnashing their teeth in frustration . . .While we are waiting for either (a) the other shoe to drop, or, (b) the panic to subside, there are a number of things you can be doing besides being frustrated that you can't immediately buy what you want as far as firearms and ammunition.
How are your long-term storage food stocks? There is no panic in that market -- yet. See to your logistics. If you are temporarily stymied on bullets, look to your beans.
How's your fitness? Take out your frustration by getting in shape. TG note:Amen to that!
See to your marksmanship skills. Go to the range, attend an Appleseed shoot!

--snip--

Nero

A nice blog mention from a previous AS shooter, as part of a very relevant article on dry fire practice:

http://thesilicongraybeard.blogspot.com/2013/02/two-words-for-lazy-saturday.html
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

scuzzy

Posted:

http://appleseedinfo.org/latest_news.html

Man, every time I do this I wind up spending an hour or three reading stuff. Really liked Ragamuffin, cool lady. Old post but I put it up anyhow, and then read several more of her posts.

Mr Pete

Attendee blog:

Project Appleseed review: What happens when a handgunner tries to learn to use a rifle at a weekend clinic that blends teaching revolutionary war history with marksmanship skills. It may make you scratch your head when you hear about it but the experience is worth it.

http://titleundecided.com/writings/essays_articles_and_short_scribblings

-Pete
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies