News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th step to anyone

Started by Johnnyappleseed, December 16, 2011, 03:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

This is how I do it --mostly  :D

Hi , Have you heard of the AS program ? No . Well you remember who founded America ? Right Marksman ! ave folks like you and I took on the british army and beat them .
To honor those men and women AS teaches marksmanship and tells the story of what happened on April 19th 1775 .
This is the best marksman program in the world -- I was in MC for 4 years (-show ring )! it's better than that!
Under 21 -$5 females $10 LEO attend free active military free.
Adult male $70 bucks for an entire weekend .

If no questions -hand flier and request they check it out  website and thats it.

This takes about 30 seconds -- and if they never  go the the website -- they learned ave folks with private arms beat the "Kings" army .
I answer the question for them "Marksman "

Time permitting or interest I may mention this was only time in human history where royal blood was beaten and they founded a govt to limit their own power .

Also interest permitting - this works with young folks pretty good .
Those 50cent wallet cards from bill of rights institute are a great prop before the AS promo .

Question - You probably know what to say if someone asks to search your car!
either way the answer is always NO -- because you did not take off every door panel ! or back seat etc
Then quote or read the important part -- with comment since you did not know it was there neither does he !
Almost everyone appreciates this info ,it also is a good chance to mention a quick course of the war for independence ---- Briton violated the 1st 8 ..
Again time or interest permitting , it's fun to mention ca medical MJ where voters decided cancer suffering folks should have relief via MJ if they desire . well what happened ? feds trumped state inititive. If 10% knew amendment 10 and called -- feds would back off .
Some good prospects are people stuck at work and not busy -- ie circle K or such

Now is a good time to promote AS! with the above and flier --

Of course different scenarios will come up .
feel free to question or discuss anything Ive written --
I welcome your comments
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on December 16, 2011, 03:26:27 AM
This is how I do it --mostly  :D

Hi , Have you heard of the AS program ? No . Well you remember who founded America ? Right Marksman ! ave folks like you and I took on the british army and beat them .
To honor those men and women AS teaches marksmanship and tells the story of what happened on April 19th 1775 .
This is the best marksman program in the world -- I was in MC for 4 years (-show ring )! it's better than that!
Under 21 -$5 females $10 LEO attend free active military free.
Adult male $70 bucks for an entire weekend .

If no questions -hand flier and request they check it out  website and thats it.

This takes about 30 seconds -- and if they never  go the the website -- they learned ave folks with private arms beat the "Kings" army .
I answer the question for them "Marksman "

Time permitting or interest I may mention this was only time in human history where royal blood was beaten and they founded a govt to limit their own power .

Also interest permitting - this works with young folks pretty good .
Those 50cent wallet cards from bill of rights institute are a great prop before the AS promo .

Question - You probably know what to say if someone asks to search your car!
either way the answer is always NO -- because you did not take off every door panel ! or back seat etc
Then quote or read the important part -- with comment since you did not know it was there neither does he !
Almost everyone appreciates this info ,it also is a good chance to mention a quick course of the war for independence ---- Briton violated the 1st 8 ..
Again time or interest permitting , it's fun to mention ca medical MJ where voters decided cancer suffering folks should have relief via MJ if they desire . well what happened ? feds trumped state inititive. If 10% knew amendment 10 and called -- feds would back off .
Some good prospects are people stuck at work and not busy -- ie circle K or such

Now is a good time to promote AS! with the above and flier --

Of course different scenarios will come up .
feel free to question or discuss anything Ive written --
I welcome your comments

HELP :wall: HELP :wb: HELP  :'(
AT EVERY APPLESEED ,RH,IIT's and FUTURE RIFLEMAN (attendees  TEACH ME more about running a shoot  O0
I am very grateful for all I have learned ,though all your efforts O0
NOW I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS PROBLEM :-[

Give me some better ways to begin filling these lines!
How do you 7th step? What has failed ?

What has worked ?

Does anyone use a target market approach ?
Any and  all suggestions will give the clue to achieving a Rifleman in the White House.
5or6 more years of doubling will get us there !
As the founders achieved liberty ,by working together , we show them we are worthy of their efforts .

I await your comments

Resectfully ,
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

pennys dad

interesting and timely post you have here.

earlier today I was asking my Calguns Team to think beyond our current project, we are having an all womens beginners pistol shoot March 25th.  My question to the team was "how do we add some 7th stepping" to this event and then beyond.  we dont have a solid answer yet.  We will have Appleseed information and one of my leads wants to give a Mother Batherick story, but I dont know beyond that.  we would welcome thoughts

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: pennys dad on February 22, 2012, 12:32:45 AM

earlier today I was asking my Calguns Team to think beyond our current project, we are having an all womens beginners pistol shoot March 25th.  My question to the team was "how do we add some 7th stepping" to this event and then beyond.  we dont have a solid answer yet.  We will have Appleseed information and one of my leads wants to give a Mother Batherick story, but I dont know beyond that.  we would welcome thoughts

Thanx J
Are gunshops (sellers ) putting an AS (calguns) flier in the bag on day of pickup?
You are doing work on both projects ,so maybe we can use what works .

One problem we see on AS forum is ,someone posts a question concerning a sticky bolt and it get  10,000 views and 5,000 posts  ;D

When we need input into how to further promote RKBA long term , we get very few views and post's .

As you know the sticky bolts question and gun forums , will be pointless with one more Supreme court justice ,ruling against rkba .
Or a treaty doing same .

Come on folks lets get some 7th step idea's --MONEY is NO OBJECT ! TIME is NOT on our side.
Calvin Coolidge

Two Wolves

As individuals we can only do so much. Its been said that the key to success is duplication and repetition. I think we need to be more proactive at our shoots asking for the participants to  hand out or place tri-folds at places they frequent. It needs to be ask, How did you hear about Appleseed? and then they need to be inspired to pass this on.

Having said that, I will be making sure that there is  small prepackaged promotional handout materials available at the shoots. We need to grab these people while their enthusiastic and energised and not ask the world of them but just a little favor.

Finding just a little one on one time with each person and befriending them will probably go a long way toward furthering the Appleseed mission. ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

TN_Dadx5

Here in mid-TN we do pretty much what 2W is talking about.  I put together the attached doc that prints out the same size as the tri-folds.  I paperclip one of the notes with 10 tri-folds and after the benediction I 7th-step everyone.  There are not many people who can't pass out 10 tri-folds, especially after hearing how 3-5 guys got 14,000 others marching by the next day.

Please use the docs as you need.  I would love that!  Anyone is free to use it and modify it as needed.
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

Two Wolves

I have a story for you------
This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Do you get the message?  ~ Two Wolves

**) **) **) **) **) **) **)
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Johnnyappleseed

Yes I sure do 2W and thank you and  O0   And for you SEMPER FIDELIS  ^:)^
TnDad-- I have opened the promo you use in Tennessee and it looks GOOD

All are encouraged to view it a use it or a similar variation . ^5
Calvin Coolidge

Two Wolves

Here's one for you---JA

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi ~Two Wolves

pennys dad

Thanx J
Are gunshops (sellers ) putting an AS (calguns) flier in the bag on day of pickup?
You are doing work on both projects ,so maybe we can use what works .
Come on folks lets get some 7th step idea's --MONEY is NO OBJECT ! TIME is NOT on our side.
[/quote]

Did you see the Turners Ruger days add?  It has a free Appleseed weekend - http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

That was a nice surprise.

Oh and check this out:  http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calguns  - we have been working on this one for about 2 months, we are getting ready to release it on Calguns, the Calguns email list, CRPA website and email and maybe a few others.  Now an AS volunteer to help us make sure the AS dates all stay current would be cool, we have a few other thoughts brewing.

The basic idea I am driving with my C3 team and CRPA team is it cant just be us few doing the work, Just like Two Wolves pointed out about duplication.  We need to duplicate the person power to work the lines and we need to duplicate the shooters to fill the lines.  To support both we need to build a solid community.

pennys dad

Quote from: TN_Dadx5 on February 22, 2012, 12:51:11 PM
Here in mid-TN we do pretty much what 2W is talking about.  I put together the attached doc that prints out the same size as the tri-folds.  I paperclip one of the notes with 10 tri-folds and after the benediction I 7th-step everyone.  There are not many people who can't pass out 10 tri-folds, especially after hearing how 3-5 guys got 14,000 others marching by the next day.

Please use the docs as you need.  I would love that!

Nice!  we have been looking for a buck slip.  Something easy to read and easy to hand out, since you clipped it, does this mean we can use it?

pennys dad

:-) gonejohnny - Right On!!

The Calguns C3 works under a similar concept. 

pennys dad

I do have an opportunity to do some 7th stepping with a captive crowd :-)
If you are interested in hearing about it.

Johnnyappleseed

Good idea's folks O0

Someone ,once said the biggest mistake we can make is to do nothing because we can only do a little!

Lets keep the idea's coming !

Use what has been posted and lets plan to sign on for the full shoots ;D
Calvin Coolidge

pennys dad

go look in the 210Bob sub forum

Johnnyappleseed

I just re read fred's post on the other 28 days and filling the lines .

thanx to everyone who posted and lets keep the idea of getting shoots sold out near the top of our list's .

The faster we get to out goals ,the fewer roadblocks we will encounter .

Has anyone explored the idea of promising raffle type items ?
We can sell each event as being special because of the prizes ,that will be randomly won!
Playing cards , pepper spray, cold steel type gifts -- Lynn thompson has donated before . even a box of 22 ammo --- possibily a apromise of a nationwide prize of a garand . ---- No need to mention it will be donated by our 1s AS president !
Calvin Coolidge

KnowFear

As a noob to AS, I thought I'd chime in with some thoughts and impressions.  For all I know these simple minded things have already been thought of, so my apologies in advance if this is duplicative...

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign - set up "AppleSeed Marksmanship Class - this way ---->" signs.  Beyond just helping attendees find the darn event location, signs, from the main highway and at/past the public shooting lines (if at a public range) inform passersby and bench shooters that something is going on that they might be interested in.

In a related vein, I suspect that many, like me, see "AppleSeed" mentioned here and there on the web, but gloss right over it because it didn't say "AppleSeed Marksmanship Class".  It's easy to just type "AppleSeed" in posts on other sights, but many, like me, blow past the post because it doesn't make explicit that it is a Marksmanship class.  "Marksmanship" brings us in, context-less "AppleSeed" doesn't.***

Pressure/Manipulation - IMHO a very bad idea :(  There are few things that turn me off more than overt attempts at manipulation.  And, I suspect that the very folks that would be most attracted to the AS theme are, like me, more individualistic, and as such are least susceptible to, and most annoyed by, pier pressure type marketing techniques.  GoneJohnny, I'm not trying to be a big grumpy butthead here, but I would hate to see AS look like one of those annoying PC sensitivity training classes that some of us are required to take for our day jobs, rather than the fun and inspiring event it should be.  Trust me, those sensitivity training classes don't go so well for the organizers when there are a few people like me in the class :)

Raffles - I like this.  Ads fun to an event.  I suspect that there are many of us who have extra shooting or history related stuff sitting around (or would just be willing to buy and donate) that would be great items for raffle.  Shooting stuff, ammo bricks, gift certs.  I have a few silver dollars I would be happy to donate.  Who knows, it might get someone thinking about why a coin marked "One Dollar" now costs $30+ in today's dollars....

*** - for example Calguns website has a nice "The Appleseed Project  The Revolutionary War Veterans Association" forum.  It's a great forum.  But, the first several times I saw the forum tittle made close to zero impression on me.  Why not "The Appleseed Marksmanship Project  The Revolutionary War Veterans Association", or something similar that would give viewers more reason to click on it?
Who is John Galt?

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen,
  Since:
-CMP Promo and Rifle Purchase Qual is part of what we do @ an Appleseed weekend, and
-given that CMP will send cases of 200 of their 2012 catalog to us free for the asking,
Recommend:
-placing regional schedules (and whatever other PA materials you have/choose)
  INSIDE the sealed-on-the-edge CMP cats.  From previous gun shop and show experience, most people will take a free catalog - if they're interested in the CMP and perhaps purchasing a CMP Garand, we might as well show them how attending an Appleseed - or another Appleseed, will benefit them both in terms of purchase as well as effective (out to 500 yds) use...
Simple - free - priceless.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: KnowFear on March 13, 2012, 10:44:03 AM
As a noob to AS, I thought I'd chime in with some thoughts and impressions.  For all I know these simple minded things have already been thought of, so my apologies in advance if this is duplicative...

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign - set up "AppleSeed Marksmanship Class - this way ---->" signs.  Beyond just helping attendees find the darn event location, signs, from the main highway and at/past the public shooting lines (if at a public range) inform passersby and bench shooters that something is going on that they might be interested in.

In a related vein, I suspect that many, like me, see "AppleSeed" mentioned here and there on the web, but gloss right over it because it didn't say "AppleSeed Marksmanship Class".  It's easy to just type "AppleSeed" in posts on other sights, but many, like me, blow past the post because it doesn't make explicit that it is a Marksmanship class.  "Marksmanship" brings us in, context-less "AppleSeed" doesn't.***

Pressure/Manipulation - IMHO a very bad idea :(  There are few things that turn me off more than overt attempts at manipulation.  And, I suspect that the very folks that would be most attracted to the AS theme are, like me, more individualistic, and as such are least susceptible to, and most annoyed by, pier pressure type marketing techniques.  GoneJohnny, I'm not trying to be a big grumpy butthead here, but I would hate to see AS look like one of those annoying PC sensitivity training classes that some of us are required to take for our day jobs, rather than the fun and inspiring event it should be.  Trust me, those sensitivity training classes don't go so well for the organizers when there are a few people like me in the class :)

Raffles - I like this.  Ads fun to an event.  I suspect that there are many of us who have extra shooting or history related stuff sitting around (or would just be willing to buy and donate) that would be great items for raffle.  Shooting stuff, ammo bricks, gift certs.  I have a few silver dollars I would be happy to donate.  Who knows, it might get someone thinking about why a coin marked "One Dollar" now costs $30+ in today's dollars....

*** - for example Calguns website has a nice "The Appleseed Project  The Revolutionary War Veterans Association" forum.  It's a great forum.  But, the first several times I saw the forum tittle made close to zero impression on me.  Why not "The Appleseed Marksmanship Project  The Revolutionary War Veterans Association", or something similar that would give viewers more reason to click on it?
You may have something here.
Seems 'marksmanship" may perk interest for some folks .
Maybe naltional can kick around the idea some more. I know we have to tread lightly as not to turn off those who would dislike the idea of gun nuts getting better at shooting.
Possibly different promo's for different groups , i.e. Appleseed program teaches security or safety .\This combined with a history or even choice type promo .

Lets keep  the suggestions coming ! I believe every suggestion will be of value , if even to discount it . If it's out there ,we can look at i from different angles  O0
Thanx for your input .
Calvin Coolidge

Scott1600

If we could get more gun counter guys from Turners/Big 5/the LGS to come to AS, we might have a chance of them spreading the word to more new gun buyers...
Seems like most gun counter guys that I talk to "know" about AS, and are somewhat interested, but the conversation usually ends there.  Maybe a personal invite to attend might get a few to come out...Maybe, throw down the challenge/reward if someone scoffs at the 4 MOA standard... "When you shoot RM during the weekend, I'll pay your way!"

How about mention AS every time we BUY something at an LGS, whether Big5 or LGS.  There are a lot of tire kickers in this world and businessmen pay a lot more attention to folks who come into their stores and actually BUY something.  If you drop in and just deliver the spiel, you're really not much more than a door to door salesman... when those guys stop into my office, they get two steps into the door and then the boot.  Doesn't matter what ther're selling... 

-Not saying to spend the kids' 529s, just if you're out to buy something local, try to work AS into the conversation with the counter person.  Those guys meet and talk to hundreds, maybe thousands of our potential "customers." 
I'm sure my above ideas have all been brought up before...Just the first thing that came to mind regarding 7th step...
-Scott
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

Johnnyappleseed

Good point on being a customer while 7th stepping .
We all shop places and having a purchase may go a long way toward esablishing a managers viewpoint on fliers .

Has anyone tried 7th stepping a person with 2 or more contacts during the same day ?
Sort accidently on purpose , to where he manager would say your the 3rd person who told me how great his program is !
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: pennys dad on February 22, 2012, 12:32:45 AM

That was yesterday PD  O0
How did the AS promotion work?
Calvin Coolidge