News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shooting Jackets - Do you have yours?

Started by pennys dad, March 21, 2012, 03:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Hey Everyone have you seen this thread?

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27137.msg205373#msg205373

apparently there is an Appleseeder's wife that has figured out how to make the shooting jackets everyone wants.

http://sites.google.com/site/madebymcron/jackets

Hey 22CalGal you can get one in pink  ;)

SavageShootr

Thank for posting this. I believe there are some CA Instructors that were working on this type of thing.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

LawDog

These jackets are wonderful.  Very well made.  The time from order to delivery is quick and she can make them custom for you.  I love mine.

Foppish Dandy

I'd recommend holding off... Mr Pete and Freeman are just about ready to larger scale production of their shooting jackets. I'd personally prefer to support a California Appleseeder in their venture. :)
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

pennys dad

So, I see this as a dbl excellent.  We have one jacket ready to go and one coming to us soon. Oh an 1 can be had in pink.  Thats a good day!

KnowFear

I got one from Mary last month prior to my first AS.  She was great to work with, walked me through getting correct measurements, and tailored it a bit.

It sure is an elbow saver, and it looks pretty darn good too - snug around the midsection, roomy in the shoulders.

Was a bit more than a week from sending in my measurements to delivery to my doorstep.

California AppleSeeders are great! - but credit where credit is due to Mary from Montana.
Who is John Galt?

ChadC

I ordered mine on Tuesday. Mary shipped it Wednesday. Looking forward to putting some patches on it ;)
-Chad

Mark Davis

Mary built one for me XL, tall with XX long sleeves, and shoulder pads and pulse pads on each side for ambidextrous shooting.

dronning

I emailed Mary about some doing a jacket with some alterations and what they might cost, she emailed back very promply, so I placed the order and the jacket was delivered just a couple of days later.  Great service great quality.

2 clicks low

I have one of the McRon jackets and it is very nice. Well made, good materals and execelent service.

I am however hopeing to see one of those Kalafornia Surfing Coats  :D.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

pennys dad

Quote from: 2 clicks low on March 23, 2012, 12:53:14 PM
I have one of the McRon jackets and it is very nice. Well made, good materals and execelent service.

I am however hope to see one of those Kalafornia Surfing Coats  :D.

2cl

:) what you talking about Willis!  I dont surf, I hike! Hahahaha

Im going to get a jacket for my wife