News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Re:UPDATE! Certified Medical Training for Instructors and IITs

Started by redneckmedic, November 08, 2011, 09:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneckmedic

UPDATE UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
The location will be the Greenwood Gander Mountain on the south side of Indianapolis, in the meeting room.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/storelocator.cgi?r=storeDirections&storeID=273

YHJ

This is an ALL DAY event. I have it scheduled for 8.5 hours.  Start time is 08:30 Below is the proposed agenda sheet....

Min Allowed   Topic
15   Introduction (Instructor & Students) / Coarse Material / Agenda
20   CPR Lecture
50   CPR Hands On
10   CPR Questions
10   Break
15   Anatomy & Physiology
60   Patient Assessment (we will not cover vital signs at all)
15   Medical Equipment
30   LUNCH
120   Basic Trauma (BCAPBTLS)
30   Violent Trauma (GSW/Knife wounds)
10   Break
120   Basic Medical  (9 subjects at 10min each =1.5hrs)
      -Difficulty Breathing
      -Chest Pain
      -Altered Mental Status
      -Diabetes
      -Seizures
      -Stroke
      -Abd Pain N/V/D
      -Environmental Exposure (heat/cold)
      -Poisonings (allergic Rx)

This class is a lot of hands on, and a lot of lecture, I am doing powerpoint (for visual learning only, not to read off of ;) ) Bring comfortable clothes, lunch or money for lunch, something for notes, and payment at time of class. I will have a roster and if yo leave me your email, I will be happy to send the information from the class to you.

If you are unable to attend, you can attend any of my other classes for the same price offered here.  I teach around the midwest about once a month. I will be doing a class in NWI in a couple weeks.

This is a basic trauma/violent trauma class only, but the offer still applies.
http://ingunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/168832-rnm_trauma_class_nwi_11_19_a.html

I will give a package of premium bacon to anyone who can get ATM to call in at work. And @ Auntiebellum.... this is an all day class.... maybe you can get the last half  ;)

Maybe a moderator can edit this to be the second post and I will start an attendance list here. Please PM me for any other questions.

1.Redneckmedic
2.Mudcat
3.Brown
4.Rimshot
5. templar
6. SPQR
7. Hawkhaven
8. yellowhousejake
9. DaveD
10. DHolder
11. Ohmslaw
12. Plenty of Ammo
13. OutaAmmo
14. Peter Wheeler
15. Frank Wright
16. Lovemywoods
17. Niecie?

Keep checking back here, as I'm forgetful and will be adding information up until the day of the class.

RNM

stagehand steve

Quote from: redneckmedic on November 08, 2011, 09:29:15 PM

Min Allowed   Topic
15   Introduction (Instructor & Students) / Coarse Material / Agenda
20   CPR Lecture
50   CPR Hands On
10   CPR Questions
10   Break
15   Anatomy & Physiology
60   Patient Assessment (we will not cover vital signs at all)
15   Medical Equipment
30   LUNCH
120   Basic Trauma (BCAPBTLS)
30   Violent Trauma (GSW/Knife wounds)
10   Break
120   Basic Medical  (9 subjects at 10min each =1.5hrs)
      -Difficulty Breathing
      -Chest Pain
      -Altered Mental Status
      -Diabetes
      -Seizures
      -Stroke
      -Abd Pain N/V/D
      -Environmental Exposure (heat/cold)
      -Poisonings (allergic Rx)

What??  Where are the three strikes in the schedule?   :D  :D  :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist...  ;D

Seriously, keep posting other dates.  I'll make one of them.

-ss
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

I am in but I cannot remember what the date is. Can someone refresh my memory.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

slim

Just a friendly reminder that we're having an AS event at Lima, Ohio, that weekend. If you'd like to come out and shoot all day Saturday you could do so and then help us wreck shop on a local buffet afterwards. Clubhouse is available for instructor lodging and the appx. drive time would be about 3+ hours to the med training.

Hope to see you there!

ATM

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

DaveD

Count me in also.  What's the cost?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

SPQR

The bargain basement cost of $20 will get you CPR and First Aid certified.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

redneckmedic

Quote from: slim on December 01, 2011, 03:06:48 PM
Hope to see you there!
Does this mean you are in?

Roster Updated

OK Folks about a week away, just a friendly reminder for what a deal this is....

General Prices
Basic CPR $55
Basic First Aid $80
RNM Trauma $55
RWVA Fellowship Priceless  **)

Total $190

===================

THIS CLASS IS ONLY $20!!!!
This is like the Don's guns of Medical Training  ++)

hawkhavn

RNM,

Sorry, I'm am a little very tired tonight.
What is the cost for all of the classes?

Thanks,
Hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

redneckmedic

Quote from: hawkhavn on December 01, 2011, 10:46:45 PM
RNM,

Sorry, I'm am a little very tired tonight.
What is the cost for all of the classes?

Thanks,
Hawkhavn

$20 for the entire day

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

Niecie

Quote from: redneckmedic on December 01, 2011, 10:47:37 PMThis is like the Don's guns of Medical Training

Without the annoying commercials!  **)

May i ask, where is this taking place?

Niecie

hawkhavn

A) Follow the smell of bacon on Indy's NW side

-or-

B) Look for us at Marion County Fish and Game - Speedway(ish)

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

yellowhousejake

Quote from: hawkhavn on December 01, 2011, 11:51:34 PM

-or-

RNM, did you get facilities or do I need to get us in at MCFG? I need to know pronto if I need to arrange facilities.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

redneckmedic

Quote from: yellowhousejake on December 02, 2011, 12:02:34 AM
Quote from: hawkhavn on December 01, 2011, 11:51:34 PM

-or-

RNM, did you get facilities or do I need to get us in at MCFG? I need to know pronto if I need to arrange facilities.

YHJ

I think MCFG is our best bet.... seems most of the places I've tried are busy doing table training for public safety with the super bowl coming to town.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: redneckmedic on December 02, 2011, 12:13:46 AM
I think MCFG is our best bet.... seems most of the places I've tried are busy doing table training for public safety with the super bowl coming to town.

"Last minute" is the hammer that forges State Coordinators. I got emails out for a location, I will make it happen.

YHJ

YHJ

OhmsLaw

Work is finally slowing down for the time being...I'm in!!!
Ohmslaw(appleseed)/Peashooter(ingo)/Scott(Reality)
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." - George Washington

Rimshot

My boss told me he couldn't give me that weekend off, but my current schedule printout says differently.  I'm tentatively in.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

redneckmedic

Because of the low attendance numbers I would like to open the class up to the students spouses and children (12yrs and > ) nephews/nieces, cousins, in-laws, ex-spouses, spiritual leaders, sensei, accountant, and bank teller. Your Mail lady, milk man, and pool boy are not welcome! (this gets to be very awkward in the violent trauma portion when spouses are involved.  >:D

Seriously.... Bring a freind for same low cost... will never be offered again (maybe)

Class Cap at 30.... first come first serve RWVA members get priority though.

OutaAmmo

ITB

Guys - sorry for the short notice - I'm not going to be able to make it.  Too many commitments, not enough time, and the five-hour drive each way doesn't help.  Thanks for putting this together.  I'd be interested if it happens a second time.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

John Boch

December 11th, 2011 
Marion County Fish and Game
Medical Training Workshop

Address:
Marion County Fish & Game Association
7052 Crawfordsville Road
Indianapolis, Indiana
317-293-0496

I take it this is 8:30 Indiana time?  I always ask because Indiana is so schizophrenic about time zones.

I'll post this among friends and see if we can't get you some more attendees.  I'm bringing Dave R. and Joann in my van as it is.  One more will fit with no problems.

John

redneckmedic

Quote from: templar223 on December 05, 2011, 12:49:09 PM
December 11th, 2011 
Marion County Fish and Game
Medical Training Workshop

Address:
Marion County Fish & Game Association
7052 Crawfordsville Road
Indianapolis, Indiana
317-293-0496

I take it this is 8:30 Indiana time?  I always ask because Indiana is so schizophrenic about time zones.

I'll post this among friends and see if we can't get you some more attendees.  I'm bringing Dave R. and Joann in my van as it is.  One more will fit with no problems.

John

8:30 Indianapolis Time my Cell phones says its 1300 right now.

Niecie

UPDATE UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
The location will be the Greenwood Gander Mountain on the south side of Indianapolis, in the meeting room.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/storelocator.cgi?r=storeDirections&storeID=273

YHJ

John Boch

Are IBDs part of your curriculum?  If so, I've got a bunch I can bring for students to buy at $6 per as a fundraiser for GSL.

John

redneckmedic

Quote from: templar223 on December 06, 2011, 09:30:19 PM
Are IBDs part of your curriculum?  If so, I've got a bunch I can bring for students to buy at $6 per as a fundraiser for GSL.

John

No, but bring them, I'm a big fan of them, just not well trained myself with them, therefor I don't feel its right to train others.

John Boch

I'll bring them along with the trainer.

Folks, bring an extra few bucks for some IBDs.  These are awesome and at $6 each, you can't afford not to have them in your trunk, range bag, bailout bag and home.

John