News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Certified Medical Training for Instructors and IITs

Started by SPQR, November 07, 2011, 09:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

While back ol' Yellerhouse says to me, "We need to do something to get our Shoot Bosses as much medical training as we can.  These people are working more shoots in weirder conditions than anybody really expected.  Seriously, regardless of the unthinkable, we need to know more about how to treat frostbite and heatstroke."  So ol' SPQR starts to thinking,

"Shouldn't we do it for as many instructors as possible?"

Well, here you go.  Following the December 10th One Day Appleseed event at Marion County Fish and Game the Indiana Appleseed Project will be hosting a medical training workshop specifically designed for our personnel on December 11th.  All are welcome.  The agenda will include:

December 11th, 2011  Marion County Fish and Game
Medical Training Workshop

CPR with certification card
Basic first aid with Certification card
Basic Trauma with Course Completion Certificate
Violent/Penetrating Trauma

The course will be taught by Matthew Heithoff of Lifesavers LLC., an all around good guy and Applecore member also known as redneckmedic.  The cost is $20 per student and that includes certification costs. 

As someone who has taken the trauma class he teaches to the general public, I consider this course to be a steal at twice the price.  So, come one come all and make your line a safer place to be!  (or just bask in the beneficence of SPQR, you decide)
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

hawkhavn

is there a cap on numbers attending?
Pre-reg list somewhere???

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

AuntieBellum

Shoot.  Just last week I scheduled my handbell choir to play at church that day.  :(  Someone take notes for me, k?  I haven't had any first aid since Girl Scouts and could certainly use some knowledge.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ATM

I'll be working that weekend and unable to attend.  :( Sounds like a great class.

I maintain training and certification as a first responder but I still hate to miss an opportunity to treat sucking chest wounds with you all.

Thanks to RNM for offering us such affordable training, and to SPQR for offering to be the CPR dummy.  ;D
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

stagehand steve

I won't be able to attend due to work.   :(

I hope we will be able to offer it again in a few months.

-ss
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

SPQR

I think this is signing up.  I told jake somebody else needed to organize it.  The cap is however many people the clubhouse at MCFG will hold, I reckon 20 or 24.  As far as pre-regging goes.... you guys realize i am a book guy not a computer guy, right?
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

ITB

I'm in, will try to scare up additional Michigan instructors.

Much appreciation for a warm corner to sleep in for Saturday night.  I'll bring my cot and sleeping bag.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

John Boch

I posted my intention to attend on the IL forum, but want to throw my hat in here as well.

Thanks for the opportunity.

John

redneckmedic