News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, MN - October 8-9, 2011

Started by AFTERMATH, October 04, 2011, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

O'ha! 

So, we're currently at 1 pre-reg...  Not enough!
So, we're going to boost it.  Sign up as free - tell your friends to do the same. 
This weekend only!

Instructors, to validate this offer - I said I will not require reimbursement.
If we do indeed get shooters on board - I wouldn't mind some assistance, say for maybe over 5 pre-regs.  I ask that anyone who wishes to help, do so without reimbursement as well. 

Thank you Minnesota,

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Just a modest $5 range fee for the Hinckley Conservation Club.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Taylor

I'm signed up for my 3rd SBIT at Lodi or I'd be there with you Alex.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 04, 2011, 09:26:52 PM
So, we're currently at 1 pre-reg...  Not enough!
So, we're going to boost it.  Sign up as free - tell your friends to do the same. 
This weekend only!
Well, Alex, I don't know how you will feel about this, but I sent information on this free event around to the homeschooler groups I'm in on Yahoo Groups. They love a free deal, so if they respond much you will need more instructors, I think. It's short notice and not too close to the cities, so I don't know that it would sell out. But it's a good opportunity to get the idea of Appleseed out there to homeschoolers, even if they can't go this particular time. They are always looking for events that cost $5 per person or less, and this is a very grand event for that price (range fee).  ;D
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

DonInMn

Well, we were planning to if possible attend in October, as we missed in September..
BUT, now seeing there are not many signed up for October, now we feel we MUST make it this month. Not sure yet if it will be all 5 of us or just 4 this time. Just saw your post Alex, re. only one pre-reg.
So, tomorrow there will be at least 4 or 5 more registered, depending on baby-sitter arrangements.
Looking forward to this weekend, Lord willing,
Don, Barb, Ryan, David, and Molly :) :) :) :) :)

BTW: I'm bringing my "Rifleman Opportunity Card"...What a fantastic RWVA benefit!
Don

DonInMn

Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 04, 2011, 09:37:48 PM
Just a modest $5 range fee for the Hinckley Conservation Club.

And as a local, I'd like to add that the Fall colors are pretty much at their PEAK.
It's a range that's surrounded by the woods. Very nice spot.
72 degrees and only 20% chance of precip.

Don

chudrockz

Free is doable here!! Can anyone render assistance though? I'm having trouble registering on the Appleseed online thing. Six tickets left?!

Kosciusko

Quote from: chudrockz on October 05, 2011, 06:50:37 PM
Free is doable here!! Can anyone render assistance though? I'm having trouble registering on the Appleseed online thing. Six tickets left?!

I suppose the easiest way to do it would be the option labeled

" free disabled/elected officials/reenactor"

AFTERMATH, you are one hell of a salesman.

chudrockz

Done, thanks. I'll be there.

I guess the option didn't immediately occur to me to use, since I don't fit in any of those categories. But whatever works.

Thanks!

AFTERMATH

Puma Mami

Wow, only four tickets left!  I hope you get lots of help up there this weekend, Alex!  :D

My son and his father are attending just for Saturday. I'm lending my ex a rifle.  It's just the inexpensive Savage Arms with open sights, but it will help him get started with Appleseed. I hope he will want to go for a whole weekend (or two or three) next season, too.

I'm guessing lots of homeschoolers have signed up (since the notice went out to about 1,700 of them), and I'm hoping they will continue to return for more events next season as they pursue that elusive rifleman patch. They do some great networking and will tell others if they like the program. We may see a huge attendance explosion next season from this one free weekend.  O0

So now you've got that full line you wanted at Hinckley, Alex! Be sure to take lots of pictures!
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

I'm gonna have to see if my camera still works!

Thanks Jennifer!

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 05, 2011, 09:41:55 PM
Thanks Jennifer!
You're welcome.   :)  Thanks for offering a free one! That really helps homeschool families, who generally have to live on one income.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on October 05, 2011, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 05, 2011, 09:41:55 PM
Thanks Jennifer!
You're welcome.   :)  Thanks for offering a free one! That really helps homeschool families, who generally have to live on one income.

I know how that is...

By the way!  If the pre-regs are correct; we're gonna break the record for this location!

BuzzG

I know how that is...

By the way!  If the pre-regs are correct; we're gonna break the record for this location!

WooHoo! I'll be there at 7am Saturday to see that record fall!

Buzz

FreedomV

I am glad that Hinckley is getting a good turnout! And I hope there are IIT's that are able to help.  I have been planning on practicing KD in LaCrosse for the last 3 months...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Blue Five

Quote from: FreedomV on October 05, 2011, 11:21:27 PM
I am glad that Hinckley is getting a good turnout! And I hope there are IIT's that are able to help.  I have been planning on practicing KD in LaCrosse for the last 3 months...

O0

Good to see that Hinckley has lots of pre regs now!!
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Cooper

Go MN, Go!

Even though it means stealing IIT's from La Crosse!

A record setting event for Hinckley!  About time!!

Go, Team!, Go !

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Kosciusko

1   "ticket"  remaining -- brace yourself for walk-ons

hope they don't look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECxU6_FTBA&feature=related

>:D

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Kosciusko on October 06, 2011, 01:15:14 PM

1   "ticket"  remaining -- brace yourself for walk-ons

hope they don't look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECxU6_FTBA&feature=related

>:D

Well, if they do show up like that - we'll get 'em into shape.
They'll leave looking like this:
[I'll have to provide a link to something later - don't want to use up the extra gigs on someone elses hotspot]

Revved up and almost ready!

Let's go Minnesota!

DonInMn

Bad news, good news.
The 4 of us that signed up for this weekend, can't be there.
Good news is, the reason is, this recently laid-off husband/dad got a job offer today.
This will consume the free time we thought we'd have over this weekend.
Aaarrrghh.......
Looking forward to the November Black Friday weekend shoot.
Sorry Alex

Don, Barb, Ryan, David, Molly

Squib

Squib

Puma Mami

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on October 10, 2011, 11:28:56 PM
How did it go?

It went great!  AAR here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=25591.0

At least 10 of the attendees were there because of you, Jennifer.  ^-^
Your letter worked! ^:)^

chudrockz

I actually was notified because of the home-school network email as well. (Although childless, so not involved, but friends do that.)

Great weekend! I was inspired, and I stopped at the library on the way home from work and checked out "Paul Revere's Ride"!

Oh and my coworkers thought I lost it today, chanting the six steps to making a safe rifle quite a few times.

Blue Five

Quote from: chudrockz on October 11, 2011, 11:06:39 PM
Great weekend! I was inspired, and I stopped at the library on the way home from work and checked out "Paul Revere's Ride"!

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Quote from: chudrockz on October 11, 2011, 11:06:39 PM
Oh and my coworkers thought I lost it today, chanting the six steps to making a safe rifle quite a few times.

Bring them to an Appleseed, and they'll understand the addiction!!  ;)
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

chudrockz

I told two of them about it today (one I had told previously, so I reminded). I swore to them that, should they attend one, the first thing they would do upon returning home would be to check the schedule and sign up for another!

Puma Mami

Quote from: chudrockz on October 11, 2011, 11:23:05 PM
I told two of them about it today (one I had told previously, so I reminded). I swore to them that, should they attend one, the first thing they would do upon returning home would be to check the schedule and sign up for another!
I hope to meet you at the Thanksgiving weekend event at Hinckley, then  ;)  Welcome to the Appleseed Trail! It's always fun to bring a friend or coworker, too.

Yes, Appleseed is the great program everyone will love, but they just haven't heard of it yet (or experienced it yet). I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the free event last weekend!

I really enjoyed reading "Paul Revere's Ride." Once you get done with that, "Washington's Crossing" by the same author is also excellent.

BugginOut

How is it that I always find this stuff like 3 weeks too late.... At least I wasn't a dollar short this time.
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

Taylor

Quote from: BugginOut on October 31, 2011, 09:44:58 PM
How is it that I always find this stuff like 3 weeks too late.... At least I wasn't a dollar short this time.

Come join us November 26-27 when WI invades Hinckley.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison