News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru RBC?

Started by gratefuldog, September 26, 2011, 02:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gratefuldog

I'm guessing this is back to "cancelled" status??   :(

V

Yep, I checked with Bob and Savage has been asked to remove it from the schedule.

So Piru RBC is cancelled.  :-[

Justin

Tragic, so tragic...

I really hope this event can be revived. It was very rewarding to a lot of people last year and had an impact that will ripple exponentially. I'm sure everyone is quite aware of how wonderful the past events were and the people who attended and instructed them.

What a shame...I honestly have been looking forward to this since the last Oct (yes all year)
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

gratefuldog

I share Justin's disappointment.  If this can't be revived, could we possibly set up an Instructor KD day in its stead??

Justin

I am more than willing to make an attempt at relearning, digesting, and attempting to master the RBC POI for days 4-6 for future KD events. I'll start tonight and begin rehearsing it to anyone who will listen including the ugly guy in the mirror.
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Rocket Man

Pennys_dad and I have kicked around an Instructor KD day for a while, but haven't found the time yet.

Might have to be on a weekday.  There's a nice secluded 200 yd range at Burro that would be good, or we could probably work something out at Piru.

What I had in mind was a day where instructors would take turns being students, first using .22's and seeing how they drop at 100 yds, then dialing them back up, while one of us seasoned folks  %) rehearses what we'd teach to the students.  Then have a go round while the other instructors try their hand at reading back the instruction.

After lunch, break out some centerfires and do it again -- zero at 25, then push the target out to x00 yards, make sure we're all zeroed.  And then finish up the day with some KDAQTs. 

Should be really mellow and useful...  I've taken my little rifle friends out to long distance many times, but never had to teach it to others. 
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Scott1600

I'm with you guys, KD day would be great!
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

pennys dad

Just say when Ryan.  My weekend fire drills are over for awhile.

Quote from: Rocket Man on September 27, 2011, 02:09:30 AM
Pennys_dad and I have kicked around an Instructor KD day for a while, but haven't found the time yet.

Might have to be on a weekday.  There's a nice secluded 200 yd range at Burro that would be good, or we could probably work something out at Piru.

What I had in mind was a day where instructors would take turns being students, first using .22's and seeing how they drop at 100 yds, then dialing them back up, while one of us seasoned folks  %) rehearses what we'd teach to the students.  Then have a go round while the other instructors try their hand at reading back the instruction.

After lunch, break out some centerfires and do it again -- zero at 25, then push the target out to x00 yards, make sure we're all zeroed.  And then finish up the day with some KDAQTs. 

Should be really mellow and useful...  I've taken my little rifle friends out to long distance many times, but never had to teach it to others.

kool aid

11.11.11 @ 11:00.

Piru, Ca.

KD day, come partake.

See 'Flash' post
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.