News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spike TV's new show

Started by BaldDragn, November 10, 2011, 06:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

I just recieved a call from Spike TV, they are looking for a family to star in a new pro 2A show. The quote below is the flyer they sent me explaining what they are looking for.

QuoteCASTING IMMEDIATELY!
NEW DOCUMENTARY-STYLE SERIES FROM MAJOR CABLE
NETWORK TO CELEBRATE THE 2nd AMENDMENT
First season will highlight families that value second amendment rights
LOOKING FOR:
 A Family involved in the business of guns (i.e. Gun Range, Gun Club,
Firearm Vendors, Instructors, Tactical Trainers)
 The family not only believes in the right to bear arms, but also
celebrates it as a right, a hobby, a way of life, a means of family
bonding, and a source of pride...
 Firm belief in the 2nd amendment and the right to protect
themselves.
 Great personalities and a certain swagger, must be able to
express their point of view clearly
 A great family unit with heart and smarts
 Parents who have educated their children on the proper way to
handle firearms
 Mom and Dad no older than 50's
 At least 2 children in the family who know how to use firearms
responsibly
 Especially interested in families in these states: California,
Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and
Washington, DC.
If this sounds like your family, please contact:
Julie@METALFLOWERSMEDIA.COM
In the email, please include your contact details and photos. Tell us
about yourself, your family and your business. Explain why your family
is perfect for our show. Thank you!
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Camljr

Sounds like your family is perfect, Rod! Go for it!!!

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

BaldDragn

Quote from: Camljr on November 12, 2011, 01:49:59 PM
Sounds like your family is perfect, Rod! Go for it!!!

No, Jules and I are beyond the upper age limit and Hambone is the only one of our kids that has any interest in the Second Amendment.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Charles McKinley

Has anyone sent this to Oleg Volk (sp?)  The photographer that did the sweet Appleseed poster with the young girl and the Wood Stocked AR 15?  He might fit.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

techres

Hawk or CM can mention this to Oleg, but I do not think Oleg has kids.  There definitely are others who are options and I am checking in with a couple to see if they are interested.

Dealing with the press is always risky, but you never want to ignore an opportunity if it comes knocking either.

Thanks BaldDragon for the lead, and sorry that your family does not fit the parameters.  I kinda thought they wanted you since they sent it to you!

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.