News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

18th Century Documents online source

Started by cannonman61, August 19, 2011, 10:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonman61

Gentlemen,

While it has been a while since I have able to be active in the field and I am not all that active on the board as I dislike superflous and distracting posts much as many of you do, I have been reading and watching the direction of the organization.

It appears the history area has been a bit neglected in comparison to some of the more, ah, contentious areas.

In order to improve the reach of instructors and help them improve their historical backgrounds I offer the following link: http://www.colonialsense.com/Community/Online_Resources/Online_Resources/Documents.php

It is a public site and to the extent I have perused it, seems 100% accurate.

I hope to have been of service.

CM61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Fred

Actually, with the introduction and hoped and projected growth of "LibrarySeeds", I'd say the history portion of AS is being considerably ramped up - and your post comes not only at an opportune moment, but carries extra value because of the recent history "ramp up".

Thanks for making it. O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

lprgcfrank

I came across this one today - a new facet to the British war effort.....

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2011/08/george-washington-biowarrior.html

George Washington - victim of Biowarfare?
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Mutti

I just wanted to mention that if one has the time, searching the Digital Copies at the ARC : Archival Research Catalog can be interesting and may provide images to use in The History part of Appleseed.

An example (this is a link to a digital image that might slow down with B/W - FYI)  : Sarah Benjamin's Eyewitness Account of the Surrender at Yorktown, 11/20/1837 - 11/20/1837

ARC Identifier 1636083 / MLR Number A1 2A

The official identifier number doesn't mean much to Attendees until some Instructor realizes maybe it could be used at an October 19th Appleseed Event to showcase History and make it "more" relevant to the actual day that people are attending an Appleseed.

Too much?

mutti

(sorry for the poor grammer)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)