News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi July 23-24

Started by dragonfly, July 23, 2011, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

What a great start to another great Appleseed weekend.
Congrats to VeeKay our newest Rifleman and Orange hat
D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

More pics

K.I.S.S.

Old Glory!

Thanks to the WinGunClub for the use of their fine new range, and their white tents.  It would have been brutal without them. 

I didn't get a chance to meet everyone as I was late, but look forward tomorrow. 

Congrats! Vonnie!!!  And thanks for wearing all those hats. 

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Blue Five

Geez, a blue hat, Rifleman patch, and orange hat all in one day!  Way to go, Mom!!!
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Joni

Congratulations to the blue hat who took the orange hat, welcome!! Appreciate you more then we can say!!

BadgerBuck

Hey guys, it's Jason.  I really had a great time at the AS this weekend.   You guys really do it up right.  See you around.

Johnnyappleseed

Welcome Badger Buck O0
See you all on the trail ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Kosciusko

Congratulations!

Must have been that "magical blue hat", the one that's guaranteed to turn orange within 14 days.    ^-^

Very well done indeed.

Old Glory!

Badger Buck,
Glad to you made it to the forum.   It is easy to see you already have the heart of a Rifleman to go along with the expert score on KD. 

Check out the National Schedule and see where you would like to go next.
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.html

Hey Everyone!  Did you happen to purchase an RWVA Membership so you can take advantage of the Rifleman Opportunity Card and register free for Appleseeds for a year, or until you score Rifleman?

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

Congratulations to Eric WI newest Rifleman scored a 225

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Welcome to the forum BadgerBuck hope to see you on the trail soon.

D-fly

Some more pics from Sunday;

K.I.S.S.

BadgerBuck

Thanks everyone.  Is there a way I can tell which upcoming WI Appleseeds will have KD shoots on Sunday?  I really enjoyed that.  I'd like to shoot at 25m in the morning (earn my Rifleman patch if I'm lucky) and then head over to try looooong distance again.  That was perfect yesterday.

... although I wouldn't mind hearing the Three Strikes again on Saturday.  OH THE DILEMMA!

If George is on here (forgot your screen name, sorry), thanks for all your help on KD.  I couldn't have done it without you.

Old Glory!

I believe it was October of 2007 that WingunClub hosted the first Appleseed.  Ever since, we have been hoping to be able to take students over to the KD range on Sunday. 

Somehow......someone......was able to make that happen.   :cool2:  Ladyvetch/Tim/Bellringer!  Thank you. 

It should be no surprise that all the instruction crosses over to KD, and you prove that it does, which is what we would like all Appleseeders to experience. 

Not sure if it will work out again in October at Lodi, but I hope so.  Racine usually has full distance, and LaCrosse as well.   Suamico has a 200 yard range that we go to.  Bristol has longer ranges, but I am not sure if we have been able to use them.   Someone else will chime in here to correct me or make suggestions.  Maybe Martin knows about the ranges up nort.

If you go to the main schedule
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.html
click on a state
find a location you are interested in
there are blue words to the right that say "register" or  "information".  Click on information and it will take you to the event information page.  There should be a paragraph near the bottom that has information about the range that might tell you if it is a 25 meter only event, or what other distances might be available. 

Bring some friends and experience Appleseed with them on Saturday, hear the strikes, and then go to full distance on Sunday.....with or without them.    8)

I hear you wore an authentic full distance shooting jacket over on KD.   ;)

professor gun

Quote from: BadgerBuck on July 25, 2011, 07:09:41 PM
Thanks everyone.  Is there a way I can tell which upcoming WI Appleseeds will have KD shoots on Sunday?  I really enjoyed that.  I'd like to shoot at 25m in the morning (earn my Rifleman patch if I'm lucky) and then head over to try looooong distance again.  That was perfect yesterday.

... although I wouldn't mind hearing the Three Strikes again on Saturday.  OH THE DILEMMA!

If George is on here (forgot your screen name, sorry), thanks for all your help on KD.  I couldn't have done it without you.
La Crosse, October 8 and 9.  I think it is the best range in the midwest; but then, I am a little biased  :)
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

George63

Quote from: BadgerBuck on July 25, 2011, 07:09:41 PM

very welcome, that is what I come for

La Crosse, October 8 and 9.  I think it is the best range in the midwest; but then, I am a little biased

for KD it almost is certainly the best as the firing line does not need to be moved making it possible to do up to three AQT's in a day

BadgerBuck

Quote from: Old Glory! on July 25, 2011, 07:38:43 PM

You found my secret!!  (Although I don't think they'll be using my picture wearing your jacket for any advertising posters.) ::)

I am actually looking to get my own jacket.  Fred is permanently out of the XL RH jackets.  I might have to step up to an XXL.

It sounds like October in Lacrosse it is!! (Pending approval by the family calendar of course.)

Blue Five

Quote from: BadgerBuck on July 25, 2011, 11:13:57 PM
It sounds like October in Lacrosse it is!! (Pending approval by the family calendar of course.)

Hey, the Fater Clan will welcome you to our local range!  One of the finest in the state....though, as my father, professor gun, said, I'm slightly biased too.  :)

You did great on Saturday Jason, and even better after you stopped dragging that wood!  Hopefully we'll see you in La Crosse in October!

-Nathan
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Old Glory!

You have a FAMILY?  Appleseed is FAMILY-friendly. :)  Bring them along. ;D 

Infidel

Congrats to the new rfleman, Chris was oh so close!. Anyone reading this aar that hasn't heard coopers 2nd. strike, It is worth the price of admission on it's own!.

colycat

Is there such a thing a Capri jacket ^-^ The sleeves were about mid length **) But the 500 yrd score, WOW,  what do you mean you didn't score rifleman?

You found my secret!!  (Although I don't think they'll be using my picture wearing your jacket for any advertising posters.) ::)

I am actually looking to get my own jacket.  Fred is permanently out of the XL RH jackets.  I might have to step up to an XXL.

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Cooper

trying for the third evening to get my pix to post...
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Cooper

might get some more through...
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Cooper

The Wedding That Never Was

Cooper

If the site will let me, I'll just keep posting...

professor gun

La Crosse, October 8 and 9.  I think it is the best range in the midwest; but then, I am a little biased
[/quote]

I always suspected George63 was an intelligent guy, this proves it.  :)
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

professor gun

Quote from: Blue Five on July 25, 2011, 11:46:09 PM

Hey, the Fater Clan will welcome you to our local range!  One of the finest in the state....though, as my father, professor gun, said, I'm slightly biased too.  :)

You did great on Saturday Jason, and even better after you stopped dragging that wood!  Hopefully we'll see you in La Crosse in October!

-Nathan

We always have free coffee and donuts at our Appleseeds. ;)

Blue Five

Quote from: professor gun on July 27, 2011, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: Blue Five on July 25, 2011, 11:46:09 PM

-Nathan

We always have free coffee and donuts at our Appleseeds. ;)

Great motivation for shooters and instructors both!

BadgerBuck

Quote from: colycat on July 27, 2011, 07:27:38 PM
Is there such a thing a Capri jacket ^-^ The sleeves were about mid length **) But the 500 yrd score, WOW,  what do you mean you didn't score rifleman?

Now THAT is funny!

Had I shot a greencoat target at with my 10/22 on Sunday, I'd like to think I would have scored Riffleman.  Instead, I changed over to my AR and took off the scope to practice with iron sights.  My score at 25m was 208.  My range at the house is nearly complete so I'll be able to start practicing there real soon.  I'll come to an upcoming AS to (hopefully) get the Official Rifleman patch.   Cooper said that I should then be able to get the little KD patch to go underneath.

BuzzG

Here are a few more pictures. Thanks to all the shooters for spending their weekend with us.

Instruction on the line.

Blasting the couch targets.

The Story of Prudence Wright

Out on the Known Distance range.

Thanks for all the help George!

That's a long way away.

500 Yards.

Counting up the hits.

How did you do?

Thanks for the warm welcome Wisconsin! Great to meet all of you. See you again soon.

Buzz

Old Glory!

Thanks for posting the pics Buzz.  I think you can actually see the bullet and the sound wave around it on that KD picture.   :o :---

Dina, Linda, Cassie; You are thinking about coming to the ladyseed at Lodi and bringing some friends?