News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..AAR Lake George, NY July 23/24, 2011..

Started by Josey Wales, July 25, 2011, 09:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..There were four sets of father and son, two sets of father and daughter and other friends and neighbors mustered on the Lake George Green (Range) this glorious weekend.  It gave us yet another chance to meet face to face with fine American folk and celebrate our Heritage.  We were studying the History so to incite and awaken the sleeping American in all of us, it is part of the rebirth.  We were practicing the rifle Marksmanship, in order to develop the American Rifleman in all of us.  "These are the great days now, that will forge the future for our posterity."  How long will this take?  To teach a whole Nation..  State by State, range by range, town by town, shot by shot we widdle away at all the damage that has been done for so many years.  The work seems endless and the toil seems without reward.  How can we possibly make a difference against such....apathy and laziness.. ignorance and loath.. When we teach in our low tech method to a small group of hungry hearts and you see the light in their eyes become alive like the lanterns in the North Church cutting the harbor mist to be seen hundreds of yards away.  The light in their eyes states the interest and awakening of a new people.  A new revitalized American people who will once again see that their American Heritage is of great importance.  A Heritage and History to be proud of, to learn from.  Yes, all the lessons of the past are relevant today, yes we must study.  I have hope in my neighbors, I trust them..
....Thank you for coming out, please continue to learn, please help to spread the seeds of knowledge..
.......................Strength & Honor...................Josey Wales........................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

CharlieHotel

Was a solid event... Got some very positive feedback from some attendees. Group was great, attentive and eager to learn...
I got to meet some new colleagues... was an Honor, John, Mark and Danny. A-DOM as usual Rock solid and someone to look to for good judgement.
The Range was awesome! Thanks Peter Garvey for the hospitality and good conversation.
Nick was great working under your skilled leadership. Looking forward to the next one...

CH

Here are some Pics

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

LittleMo

This was a great event and a great facility! The students were eager to learn and to apply the lessons. More importantly, they learned about the history of April 19, 1775 and were eager to hear more. It was awesome to see them show up on Sunday wearing the Appleseed shirts they received on Saturday! Like many before them, they came to learn marksmanship skills and left with more!

Thank you Dunham's Bay, Peter Garvey and the club members that honored our line commands while they were shooting, the instructors, and of course the students! :bow:

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

R1SGx2

Nice weekend, was nice to work with some wonderful people.

Your Journey has just begun. I know I will see ya's again at shoots.

I missed Saturday but was there Sunday, they say Saturday was a very hot day,
to endure Saturday and return Sunday is a sign of a true Rifleman.

Thanks to Dunhams Bay for allowing us to use their range. They opened all doors for us.
Very nice facility.

Nice Pictures.

Was that some type of Canon??? Nice....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

CharlieHotel

How could I have forgotten Lil'Mo and the MRS. I was sleepy last night... Sorry

Great Job both of you and you even work well together!   O0

Mike, well just look at that prone position, can't wait to see him shoot...

CH

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

The Mrs.

My heartfelt congratulations and thank you to the shooters.  True Riflemen - Adjust, Adapt and Persevere.

Hot was not the word for the weekend!!  When the "breeze" blew it was like dragons breath.  Hot like a blow torch adding to that the humidity of a Sauna.  But the shooters did not complain, and soaking up all that was taught to them.  I stand in awe of you.... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you to a great bunch of Instructors.  I learn so much from you guys each and every time.

And thank you for Dunham Bay.  This is a great site, and a great bunch of guys there.  Always seem to visit this place at an extreme.  Last time I was here it was always questionable if a Winterseed patch should be handed out!!  LoL
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: CharlieHotel on July 26, 2011, 10:20:54 AMMike, well just look at that prone position, can't wait to see him shoot...
If I'm not mistaken, Mike spent his first Appleseed shooting an AK in 7.62x39.  Only after his second or third rifleman score did he swap it out for one of Buzzworth's tarted-up 10/22s ("Natalia?").  Yes, Mike can shoot well.

Great job everyone.  Thanks to the instructors and shooters alike for giving up a weekend to help save a nation.  I'm sure I'll be seeing many of you in the next couple of months along The Appleseed Trail.
MJA

EDIT:  I almost forgot - it was nice to see Nick's son Matthew on the line again.  The last time we met was at Albion in Oct. 2009.  Well met Matthew!  See you at Indian Lake.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Josey Wales

..There were four sets of father and son, two sets of father and daughter and other friends and neighbors mustered on the Lake George Green (Range) this glorious weekend.  It gave us yet another chance to meet face to face with fine American folk and celebrate our Heritage.  We were studying the History so to incite and awaken the sleeping American in all of us, it is part of the rebirth.  We were practicing the rifle Marksmanship, in order to develop the American Rifleman in all of us.  "These are the great days now, that will forge the future for our posterity."  How long will this take?  To teach a whole Nation..  State by State, range by range, town by town, shot by shot we widdle away at all the damage that has been done for so many years.  The work seems endless and the toil seems without reward.  How can we possibly make a difference against such....apathy and laziness.. ignorance and loath.. When we teach in our low tech method to a small group of hungry hearts and you see the light in their eyes become alive like the lanterns in the North Church cutting the harbor mist to be seen hundreds of yards away.  The light in their eyes states the interest and awakening of a new people.  A new revitalized American people who will once again see that their American Heritage is of great importance.  A Heritage and History to be proud of, to learn from.  Yes, all the lessons of the past are relevant today, yes we must study.  I have hope in my neighbors, I trust them..
....Thank you for coming out, please continue to learn, please help to spread the seeds of knowledge..
.......................Strength & Honor...................Josey Wales........................

..BUMP..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Smurf

I attended the Lake George event and I had a wonderful time. it was wonderful of the gun club to host the event. They are very good people. You all gave a thousand percent. I realize the level effort and dedication which you all put forth.  This week at work I dryfired with my finger (holding after the shot thanks to Spartan) and breathing, for 2,740 miles as I drove thru five states. I went out this weekend, ACE BANDAGED my very slippery plastic stock, got into a rock solid prone position and did what I was taught. I have printed fliers and handed them out in all five states!!!! It is the only way I can repay all of you. See you at Saratoga.

Spartan

Smurph!!!
Great job!!  Holding the trigger back and your breath during follow through wonders to help your accuracy!!  Glad to hear you were practicing it and 7th stepping!!  HOOAH!
"With your shield or on it"

Dougum

Hey Smurf!

Have you ever heard about the Applecore? Ya might want to join. Please PM me with any questions,

Dougum

Ohio State Applecore Liason
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

The Mrs.

Great Job Smurf!!!

Dedication, practice and perseverance.  This trail is not always easy, but very much worth the effort!!!

GREAT 7th stepping....your efforts towards helping this nation are appreciated.   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^  Not only by us, but by our progeny.

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist