News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi July 23-24

Started by dragonfly, July 23, 2011, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Quote from: Old Glory! on July 30, 2011, 09:17:33 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Buzz.  I think you can actually see the bullet and the sound wave around it on that KD picture.   :o :---

Dina, Linda, Cassie; You are thinking about coming to the ladyseed at Lodi and bringing some friends?

WOW !!  I think you're right !  The blast wave for sure and a streak heading for #19 !!  That's Neat!   O0
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Old Glory!

Pretty fancy Coop.   What a great chance to shoot known distance, eh?

I was looking at this one, in the trees, above the 18/19 target, with the inverted V coming off the bullet.   

I remember my first time spotting for a Rifleman at KD at an IBC.  My eye was untrained.  No idea what to look for.  The instructor said, "watch for the sound wave around the bullet".  Sheesh, how would you SEE a sound wave?!?!  So I concentrated and sure enough, there it was.  Sometimes that sound wave would end with a splash in the dirt.  Call it low and left.  Ahh, the Rifleman's dance.  Rifleman adjusts his sight picture.  We were shooting at steel so you'd lose sight of the sound wave in front of the target, and then TING.  What a sweet sound!   :---

As you can see in the pictures, there is a lot more room on the 25 meter and 500 yard firing line for more Appleseeders, so let's see if we can get some more people out for August and October in Lodi.  &)   Sure would be good for more folks to participate in the time honored tradition of marksmanship, and American Heritage.

I'll send one of those KD pictures to Western Rose and see if she can post it on the Event Information Page.

Would someone like to write up a little blurb of this Appleseed that we could send it to the Lodi/Sauk/Baraboo/area newspapers - list the upcoming dates for Lodi....link to the schedule, attach our group shot or one of the others?

Anyone can do it.  Be great if you want to help out. 

Quote from: BuzzG on July 30, 2011, 08:11:38 PM

Out on the Known Distance range.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Cooper

Quote from: Old Glory! on July 30, 2011, 10:49:56 PM
I was looking at this one, in the trees, above the 18/19 target, with the inverted V coming off the bullet.   

I remember my first time spotting for a Rifleman at KD at an IBC.  My eye was untrained.  No idea what to look for.  The instructor said, "watch for the sound wave around the bullet".  Sheesh, how would you SEE a sound wave?!?!  So I concentrated and sure enough, there it was.  Sometimes that sound wave would end with a splash in the dirt.  Call it low and left.  Ahh, the Rifleman's dance.  Rifleman adjusts his sight picture.  We were shooting at steel so you'd lose sight of the sound wave in front of the target, and then TING.  What a sweet sound!   :---

I do believe you're right, OG!
And yes, it is a sweet sound... only have 200yds on the orchard, but it's good practice for the seated position with instant feedback.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim