News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..New ranges in NY..

Started by Josey Wales, May 25, 2011, 11:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..Another D.O.M., Krisker and I (Josey Wales) on Monday did visit two new ranges in the Hudson Valley area near Poughkeepsie.  The first was "Hudson Valley Sportsman Association" in the town of La Grange.  Mike was my contact and he was a great help.  Him and ADOM will be working on the dates this week or so.  The range is small and quaint with a ton of potential for Appleseed.  We can do 6 shooters in a line and run a relay of 2 lines an "A" and a "B", like an indoor event.  They have rifle racks and a small club house too..  ..The second place is already on our schedule for June 18/19 in Hopewell Junction, the "Whortekill Rod and Gun Club".  Norm, my contact there is a 71 year old Veteran with a heart of gold, "Bless that Man".  At Whoretkill we can fit 15 to 18 shooters in one line.  Though we have a date with them we never saw the range and walked the grounds till Monday..
..New York is growing every day with AS events, so I say this to our up and coming Red Hats & Shoot Bosses....We need you so bad out there on the lines teaching so stay on track and stay focused my Friends....There is a ton of work to do!!!!!!!!!!!

...............Strength & Honor........Join or Die.......................Josey Wales......................
...............oh and here is a smile for ya....... :)
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

R1SGx2

Good work  O0 O0
Keep us posted on dates for road trips.
Thanx to all three of you's. :bow: :bow:
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Nickle

Might want to check out Millerton Gun Club in Millerton (NY Route 22) as well. I used to shoot there back in the late 60's.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.