News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Library Seed

Started by KKA, May 26, 2011, 03:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KKA

I would like to promote the library seed concept via my facebook.  Is there a flyer or anything us average people can get into in order to spread the word?

colycat

If it were a snake, you would be bit.  Look at the top of the page, right side ^-^
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Leonidas

Coly beat me to the punch. These events are great and not complicated.
1. Reserve your space at the Library
(This should be free, sometimes you might need our 501 (c) 3 letter though)
2. Put out press releases to everything paper and news outlet you can.
(Don't miss your local home schooling groups, they will usually come out in droves to these events)
3. Work on your presentation.
(Three strikes and benediction)
4. Have Fun.
(This is great opportunity to meet your neighbors and work on your history, as well as your presentation skills)
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

crak

Krisker, make sure you coordinate with ADOM, Josey Wales, and kDan.  They should be actively looking for NY venues right now and could use some help.

Remember, it doesn't have to be at a library.

This Libraryseed thing is very important. 
Check your drama at the door.

TruTenacity

Quote from: Krisker on May 26, 2011, 03:59:33 PM
Thank you.  Who would've thought such a simple thing could be such a road block.   :wall:

Krisker,

As an explanation as to why you couldn't view the link, it is because it is on the Forum where instructors in training 1 on up have access.  From what I can tell you are not an IIT.  But that doesn't mean your help in promoting Appleseed events aren't appreciated.  If you have some great ideas for promotions and can put those ideas on paper and then into practice send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with Devnull, the promotions team leader.  He needs motivated folks like you to join him.  I promise he'll get you access to the promotions board!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

crak

Check your drama at the door.