News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Smith and Wesson Instructor Purchase Program

Started by nyrasgt, May 23, 2011, 04:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlement:

Received the following email from Mr. Paul Pluff, Director of Marketing/Customer Service for Smith and Wesson:
  "Mark,
  You(sic) packet just arrived on my desk and base(sic) upon what I have review (enough with the sic, already, mad),
we will accept the Appleseed Instructor Certification for purchase through the Smith and Wesson Instructor Purchase Programs
]YES! January, 2011 to 23 May, 2011.

Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

AZRedhawk44

Um... today's the 23rd of May.

So it expires today.

That doesn't do a lot of good.  Otherwise, I'd much rather be using M&P 15-22's rather than Marlin 795's or Ruger 10/22's for LTR's.

dragit

Maybe it was a typing error and 2012 was meant.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

oladcock

I'd like to get a couple 15-22's. Being so light and adjustable stocks, they'd be great for kids. Do they or anyone else make short mags for them? If not, they are worthless for the young-uns. Doesn't mean I won't have fun with them! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

gunville

-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Patent guy

How do we participate in this?
Is there a form we download or a link to a form?
Thanks
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

nyrasgt

Troops,
   My apologies for lack of clarity - folk sure are quick to push the sour grapes button...damn...
What I meant by the dates was that this was the span of time it took to wear them down and bring them around to doing the right thing...i.e. nearly five months of emails, voice mails, mailings, etc...

The program (and I've asked Mark A-NY SC/ADOM to post the 2 forms in the NY area of the forum,
so everyone can see/print same) is good until 12/31/2011, so everyone has, potentially, seven months of receiving approximately 30% off the msrp...my understanding is that the Ruger and Henry programs are precisely the same - good untill last day of the calendar year.

One SIGNiFiCANT DIFFERENCE in the S&W instructor Purchase Programs, in comparison to those of Henry and Ruger (to which we already have access), is that Henry and Ruger will, at least in my experience with both programs, sell you pretty much anything they make, REGARDLESS of whether or not the specific arm is listed on their IPP forms - at least, I've never had them tell me I couldn't buy a particular item.  Smith and Wesson will not - the S&W Programs (there are two, one for NRA Cert Instructors and a second for Hunter Ed instructors - my understanding is that AS RHIs are eligible for both) are specifically limited to exactly what is listed on the forms - one of the reasons why I lobbied for BOTH programs:  the S&W M&P15-22 is listed under the Hunter Program but not the NRA Cert
Program

Any further clarifications - feel free to ask via forum or pm...by my count I'm three for three...IITs, earn those Red Hats and win a permanent 30% discount from three of the largest manufacturers of firearms extant - such a deal.  RHIs - you WILL need a formal Instructor Certificate/credential - to send to any of the three companies - believe the inestimable Western Rose is your contact person, and  Riflewoman has charge of actually sending the certificates (make lots of copies).  Program participants will also have to line up a friendly, hopefully-not-too-greedy FFL, to whom any purchases can be sent.
   Happy shopping and saving...next task will be expanding the program to other manufacturers and convincing Ruger that they need to build us an Appleseed LTR 10/22...have nothing to lose...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

dragit

Nice job on this sir.  The 15-22 (my 10 yr old daughter uses one) has been very reliable right up to the end of Sundays rain, cold, heat or shine.  Stock adjustabilty is really nice for smaller kids.  Pricier than other rifles, but nothing needs to be done to it right out of the box.  Shorter ten round mags available from S&W.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Another D.O.M.

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Xeyed

Mark,

Thank you for for your persistence on behalf on all the Appleseed Instructors. O0

Going to spend a pleasant evening thumbing through the S&W catalog looking up part numbers.
:)

Xeyed
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib