News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman AQT Score and Data Book

Started by yellowhousejake, May 08, 2011, 05:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Yea, it's like this. How many of you read the thread on keeping a databook of your shooting? You didn't? Go do that now.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21263.0

If you have ever been an avid reloader or competitive shooter, you already know the importance of keeping records. It can be as detailed or as simple as you need. Well, we just made it easier for you.

Announcing yet another Indiana SkunkWorks project. The Rifleman AQT Score and Data Book. No it doesn't break the sound barrier, it doesn't hide from radar, yes it WILL help make you a better Rifleman.

The kind of Rifleman who can do this...

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22640.0

We had a limited run of prototypes thanks to SPQR, and we are prepared to order more. It looks at this time like the price will be between 5 and 7 dollars plus shipping. The book contains instructions on how to dope and correct for wind and how to record your data.

Use a scope but have BUIS? No problem. You get pages to record your come ups for four ammunition types and four different sight configurations. You also get pages to record your wind corrections for all four sights and ammo types as well.

Finally you get fifty pages to record shots, ammo, and conditions on both sighter squares and AQT silhouettes.

So how much interest is there out there?

YHJ

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Xeyed

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

EZ3

Does it fit in the pocket of a shooting jacket?   That would be better than breaking the sound barrier or baffling radar!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

DaveD

I've got mine.  Now to the loading bench and range before Indiana KD day.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

posterboy

Heck yeah.....tell me what I need to do..

pb

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

hawkhavn

Put me down for one, saw the protoype, need one before KD day...  :)
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

AuntieBellum

I have loose notes and data sheets and a cheapo notebook all laying around this house somewhere just waiting for this Data Book.    ^:)^

I'm gonna need...counting... a $50 order.  So somewhere between 7 and 10 depending on the final price.  I can't wait.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

techres

Got mine yesterday.  It is very well done and needs to get filled in.   O0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Two Wolves

What's the limit? I need one for sure but I'll buy 10 if I can and make them available to those interested at our Fredericksburg Appleseeds. Count me IN. ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Gunslinger

Jimbo

I'd like to get a couple as well.  Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,
Jimbo

ItsanSKS

Quote from: EZ3 on May 08, 2011, 07:49:01 PM
Does it fit in the pocket of a shooting jacket?   That would be better than breaking the sound barrier or baffling radar!

This.

If you can reduce its size, suitable for fitting in the breast pocket of the shooting jacket, I'd order a few, and I'm sure the rest of the KD shooting FL crew would as well. 

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

SPQR

The finish size is 5"x8.5"

I don't know if they fit in the breast pocket of a shooting jacket but they fit into the back pocket of a pair of Levi's 501s, 550s, and those Carhartt heavy duck pants with the hammer loop.  Still working on the radar thing, it totally fools the TSA sniffers, though.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

brianheeter

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

10lrrp

slim

If we got the orders up significantly, would that reduce the cost any? For instance, if we could get 1,000+ would the price drop to under $5?

I can see this being an awesome fundraiser. Unit cost $3.50 and sell for $5 at events with the profits going to RWVA Indiana and/or "donor ammo" for KD clinics or something like that. (Has the "sales for fundraising" been worked out from the tax man yet?)  Just thinking out loud here, but I can see EVERYONE at the events wanting one of these and for $5, I'm sure they'd sell as fast as we could get them.

Another idea, (and I haven't seen these yet, maybe the info is in there already) is we could have a "level 1" type study guide that would have all the info from the weekend in a handy-dandy booklet form. Same deal. $5 for Appleseed study guide. Then another $5 for Appleseed KD booklet.

Cooper

Sign me up for 5 copies, and I'll hand some out.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AdamSelene

This would be awesome printed on rite-in-the-rain paper.
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

yellowhousejake

Quote from: AdamSelene on May 09, 2011, 05:22:48 PM
This would be awesome printed on rite-in-the-rain paper.

They will not be cheap. Good write on rain paper is poly based heat pressed paper, the best brand being yupo. Price will start at $40 each. Lesser coated papers will be cheaper, but not hold up nearly as well, and not be erasable with alcohol either.

Honestly the response is overwhelming. Let me and SPQR make some plans and see how quickly we can start getting batches of these out.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

unforgiven1203

yellowhousejake

Quote from: slim on May 09, 2011, 01:43:26 PM
If we got the orders up significantly, would that reduce the cost any? For instance, if we could get 1,000+ would the price drop to under $5?

I can see this being an awesome fundraiser. Unit cost $3.50 and sell for $5 at events with the profits going to RWVA Indiana and/or "donor ammo" for KD clinics or something like that. (Has the "sales for fundraising" been worked out from the tax man yet?)  Just thinking out loud here, but I can see EVERYONE at the events wanting one of these and for $5, I'm sure they'd sell as fast as we could get them.

Another idea, (and I haven't seen these yet, maybe the info is in there already) is we could have a "level 1" type study guide that would have all the info from the weekend in a handy-dandy booklet form. Same deal. $5 for Appleseed study guide. Then another $5 for Appleseed KD booklet.

Lots of questions so already...

Quantity will help reduce the price yes, but I would need to be able to place and pay for that order first. I can't afford to order 1000 at a time.

As far as selling for the cause, I will leave that up to Appleseed to do, national already has the ability to sell products in place. I am happy to assign, deliver, hand off the rights/claims/whatever to the book anytime they want it.

A smaller pocket sized book? Too hard to work with, I tried several sizes already. If you just want a book to record known comeups for easy reference, that would another book entirely. These books are what you use to fill in the blanks in your pocket book, or the taped chart on your stock.

A pocket guide to shooting? That is a good idea, a great idea. Wind calculations, uphill downhill calculations, a place to record a single set of comeups, energy and drop for your favorite ammo. Even talking targets. Someone should go make one of those.

YHJ

YHJ

FreedomV

I think this is a good idea, 5 more to MN, there should be a chip in to order and sent to an AS for pick up.
Illegitimi non carborundum

KYWindage

I'd like at least 3 of those. Let me know on a price and if they can be dropped of at the Cloverdale IBC in June....
-Semper Fidelis
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

lprgcfrank

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

NEWGUY556

Put me down for 2.
I have been using small notebook and it is getting full.
RWVA, Rifleman
Dangerous Middle Aged Man
Gun up...Send it....... HIT!

yellowhousejake

First, thanks for all the interest. SPQR and I really thought we would have to push this!

I am sending an updated file to be printed, we will get a cost on printing this file and it will be the official book, until it changes  ::).

Once we announce the cost, we will take orders. I hate to do it, but the system will be send me the money, and when we get enough to fill an order will get them printed and shipped. With enough orders, we can get ahead and actually have enough to keep some small stock and then ship when needed.

Thanks,

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Quote from: yellowhousejake on May 14, 2011, 07:46:41 PM
and when we get enough to fill an order will get them printed and shipped. With enough orders, we can get ahead and actually have enough to keep some small stock and then ship when needed.

Or we could just invite 'em all over to Indiana for some friendly border raiding.  Come work with us this summer AND pick up your super-awesome range data books!  Visitors are always welcome...in fact, I think I see a border raider on the schedule for North Porter County...and Cloverdale later this summer...I'm keeping my eyes on you, Illinois.   8)

And seriously, these are fantastic books, everyone.  And I only saw a prototype, so the final version I'm certain is even better.  YHJ, SPQR - thanks for your work on these and thanks for making them available to everyone!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo