News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rollcall! Did everyone make it through the storms ok?

Started by stagehand steve, May 26, 2011, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stagehand steve

"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

techres

So far fine.  4 times around with the alarms.  Smallest kid rattled.

Bedford had a tornado touch down.  PM'ed Chillidog and called the two Appleseeders I know down there and they are ok.  They had quite the ride and will not have power or drivable roads for a while.

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hawkhavn

Good here, very fortunate as it seems it went around us.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

yellowhousejake

Well considering two weeks ago I needed a chainsaw to get out the driveway and on to work, I'd say the 1.5" of rain and hail we got was pretty minor. Seems to have gone North, then South, then North of us last night.

No chainsaw required to get to work this morning.

YHJ

PS. I still have to saw up both those trees, where do my weekends go?
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Sentinel

All ok here just lots of water and leaves everywhere.  9yr old was a lot restless last night and stayed up til 1am or so till the worst moved thru.

AuntieBellum

All good in Rensselaer, too. I've seen pics of the trees next to my work that were pulled up by their roots. Tornado then moved down the road and pulled part of the roof off my dad's office, skipped over my parents' house and then moved out of town.  Glad to hear everyone's okay.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

TBE had to ride it out in the basement of his house.  His neighborhood got beat up.  Drive into Bloomington on 45 was ugly.  I slept through it.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Bill 3

Lots of wet and dealing with a little seepage but all is good otherwise.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

ATM

I don't think I'm in Kansas any more.

At least these little people seem friendly.  :)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

KYWindage

It really didn't do anything down here in New Albany.  Thoughts and prayers to those east of Bedford.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

TBE

Quote from: SPQR on May 26, 2011, 11:12:48 AM
TBE had to ride it out in the basement of his house.  His neighborhood got beat up.  Drive into Bloomington on 45 was ugly.  I slept through it.

I just happened to be looking for something in the basement when it came through.  Although, I have to admit, I did stay there once it started ::).  I don't know what kind of wind it was, but my ears popped and you could feel the house expanding and settling, like a set of lungs breathing. 

My house had only ruffled feathers (shingles, flashing, guttering pulled even more loose than it was before), but one of my decent sized trees is on the neighbor's house (taking various lines with it) and the guy across the street had his chimney blown apart (scattered all over the yard).  There are trees blown down and snapped off all over my block. 

The storm dropped a pretty big treetop in the street in front of the house, smashing some cars and stacking up traffic for 3/4 of a block on my fairly tight one way street.  On a positive note, the neighbors and occupants of the cars all pitched in and while I chopped with the chainsaw, they hauled lumber and it took about 30 people about 10 minutes to clear the street.   

Good neighborhood helping action!   O0
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

Andre

All good and accounted for here - although it did take a while to find the chickens   :))

Damage similar to what TBE experienced just a couple of miles north of here.  Good to hear that all are well so far.

stagehand steve

I went down to my parents house in Greensburg where I grew up and checked on the house as my mom is staying with us as she recovers from surgery.  Lots of trees down through town, but most stuff seems to have missed the houses.  A few places where there was heavy hail damage.  Those houses looked like someone took a shotgun to the siding.  Some signs snapped off their posts.  Dropped some Appleseed tri-folds and a gungirl flyer at the local gun store while I was there.   ;)

Glad everyone made it through relatively unscathed.

-ss
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

POC

Glad there was not an AS here at the West Baden range this weekend.  There is no "easy" way to get here.  The three easiest ways to get here have bridges washed out!
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.