News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Prayers for my wife

Started by POC, April 08, 2011, 02:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POC

I know this isn't a "social board".  But the calibre of people here make me think you would assist me.
I've explained to some about my wifes health problems.  We recently took a set back.  She's been in Jewish Hospital in Louisville for the last 2 days. Nothing super serious, just fluid build up, 13# of fluid. She's getting IV bumex to help get rid of the fluid. So, thus far, things are fine.
Other than we have no idea as to why she suddenly started retaining fluid that she hadn't been in the past. She takes a rather large amount of Lasix daily, which should be taking care of it.
Tomorrow, she is probably going to have a heart catheterization. This will require her to be sedated heavily, which isn't good for someone with respiratory problems.  So we are pretty uptight about the outcome tomorrow.
We could really use all the prayers we could get.
Thanks friends,
Patrick and Joe'l
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

Xeyed

Joining the Appleseed family circle who will be sending prayers and well wishes on behalf of your wife.

Keep us posted.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

AuntieBellum

POC, will light a candle for the both of you today.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

fepowered

Thoughts and prayers of support going out...
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

The Log

Sending one up. Be strong.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

NewMOe

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Cooper

Prayers and best wishes on the way
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Cal 7.62

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Andre

Praying for her, the medical team, and you and the family.

Nickle

We're all family here, so it is appropriate.

My thoughts are with you and yours, POC. Please keep us posted as to her condition, and know you've got family here pulling for you.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Blue Five

Prayers and best wishes with her.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

dragit

May Christ's Spirit flow through and guide you.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

ATM

Praying for healing, comfort and encouragement.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

JustJeff

Sent, and will continue until I hear different.
The AS forum IS a social board.... it's the only place I can regularly meet new folks with the same interests as I have.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

scuzzy

Hey POC, prayers sent. Hope everything works out.

While y'all are at it please say a prayer for my mom. She just got put in a hospice several days ago, on heavy meds for pain. Maybe a few days left before she checks out of this world and goes to a better one.

scuzzy
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

SavageShootr

Scuzzy.

Prayers coming your way too, as well as for your Mom. May the Angels guide her.

God Bless.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

DaveD

POC - prayers for you, wife, and  medical staff

scuzzy - prayers for your Mom and Family
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

dond

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us informed.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

AFTERMATH

Got it - Prayers for your whole family.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

POC

Thank you everyone.
She had a heart cath today. Feeling pretty lousy after that.  She was put in ICU, I couldn't stay with her, so I came home for the night, will be back in the morning.
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

Old Glory!

Rest  up POC.  May the Peace of Christ be with you.
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Niecie

POC - So sorry I am just now reading this! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. So sorry to hear about the setback! Please keep us posted!

Scuzzy - Our thoughts and prayers are with your Mom and your family, as well!

Hugs and prayers to both of you,

Niecie & YHJ

hawkhavn

POC,

Keep us posted, praying for all.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com