News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN

Started by SPQR, May 03, 2011, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

I will see you folks on Saturday if you are going to make Cloverdale.  I am going as a shooter but if my assistance is needed for history or sight carding or whatever I will have my hat in the truck!   :---
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

So long as nothing goes wrong on my trip back from CA on Friday, me and the kidlets will stop by to visit.  I will bring the cricket just in case an AQT presents itself...   ;D
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hawkhavn

Wish I could be there (really do), have fun, Techres can fill you in.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

yellowhousejake

I did not get any centerfire loaded for the day, but I will have my 22 and plan to shoot it, a lot. SPQR will be getting trigger time and I've made statements I need to defend.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Bill 3

This ought to be an interesting AAR... 
~~:)  **)
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

AuntieBellum

It sounds like Cloverdale is in need of a Blue Hat to check in all those instructors shooters.  Funny, I have to be in Indy that afternoon for JayPea's graduation...and I happen to need some practice with irons.  I could spend the morning shooting some squares...   8)

DHolder - do you happen to be bringing our beloved AppleCore-in-training with you?
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ATM

Rumors of bacon at Cloverdale tend to have this effect.  :cool2:
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

DaveD

Oh.... we are going to have fun this weekend!   ^:)^ ^:)^

Showing 15 pre-reg, (one of those has canceled).

My daughters are planning lunch, the range will be muddy, and .......... the weatherman has promised to make ATM happy!

DD
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

stagehand steve

Quote from: DaveD on May 04, 2011, 09:20:34 AM
My daughters are planning lunch, the range will be muddy, and .......... the weatherman has promised to make ATM happy!

Do we need to bring some cash to help with lunch supplies?  And for the big question, are Bacon and Oreos involved?  ;)

-ss
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

AuntieBellum

Quote from: stagehand steve on May 04, 2011, 01:05:46 PM

Do we need to bring some cash to help with lunch supplies?  And for the big question, are Bacon and Oreos involved?  ;)

-ss

Steve - I can't remember the exact cost of lunch, but it's somewhere between $6 and $7 a person.  And it's always good.  I can guarantee that I've had some desserts that are even BETTER than Oreos.  I know, right?  And bacon...well, I'm sure ATM will make sure bacon makes an appearance for Riflemen.   O0

Are you bringing the rest of the family this time, or are they waiting for HCFG in June?
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

stagehand steve

Quote from: AuntieBellum on May 04, 2011, 11:36:56 PM
Are you bringing the rest of the family this time, or are they waiting for HCFG in June?

Unfortunately it will just be me.  My daughter decided to spend the night at her aunt's house to play with a much beloved younger niece.  The whole gang will be coming out in June.

I'm very excited for this weekend and to get to meet all the people that I've been seeing posts from.

-ss
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

stschil

Just got DaveD's blessing to attend as a shooter ^:)^ 

As suggested to me by SPQR, I've removed the scope riser from my AR and need to re-zero.   Forest and trees being what they are, I never considered it was causing my sighting problems.  Thank you, Sir.   

See you all on Saturday  :)
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

DaveD

Quote from: AuntieBellum on May 04, 2011, 11:36:56 PM
Quote from: stagehand steve on May 04, 2011, 01:05:46 PM

-ss

Steve - I can't remember the exact cost of lunch, but it's somewhere between $6 and $7 a person.  And it's always good.  I can guarantee that I've had some desserts that are even BETTER than Oreos.  I know, right?  And bacon...well, I'm sure ATM will make sure bacon makes an appearance for Riflemen.   O0

Lunch should be $6  I know we will have bacon .........but Oreos ?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

KYWindage

I guess a whole bag of crazies will be there shooting Redcoats in the AM. Hope to see new and familier faces there.
Techres- this is the day that you succeed!

-Cheers
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

stagehand steve

Quote from: DaveD on May 05, 2011, 11:13:35 PM
Lunch should be $6  I know we will have bacon .........but Oreos ?

Yeah, Oreos are optional - but the meat candy is a necessity of life...

-ss

DHolder

Just a heads up, I will have two NEW shooters in tow. Two young ladies from work will be joinung us, I have my loaners loaned to them so bring your extras.
Sorry Aunty, Rah had a last second need to be at church for a rehersal, shes bummin.
It looks like a super crew this weekend,  great to be in such good company. See you all in the AM

gatorindy

Thanks to all of the instructors for putting on such a great event.  I did learn a LOT yesterday.  Both about our Heritage and how to master Rifleman Skills.  Sorry I wasn't able to back up your instructions on the paper.  Too many things going on right now, just couldn't get into the grove yesterday.  I will be back and I will earn the rifleman patch.  I have the knowledge, just need to put it all together on every shot  8)

Thanks
John