News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Concealed Carry in Illinois

Started by Gravy, March 01, 2011, 10:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

It's too late to use snail mail. Vote might be tomorrow. Email or call.I have had a running email dialog with my rep Ann Williams from Chicago. She is dead opposed. I am still blasting her with facts and figures.
2cl

Quote from: Gumballhead on May 04, 2011, 11:36:45 AM
Back on topic, and BTT.

There is  a lot of activity on this now folks.  When I hear reps say ALL of their constituents are OPPOSED to this bill, yet all I hear on the radio, and online is SUPPORT, Something is VERY wrong.  Let your congress folks know, I mean really KNOW how YOU feel about YOUR state government.

I'm writing my letters today (One to my state senator Dan Duffy, and the other to my rep Ed Sullivan Jr).  I've been slacking, and I cannot attend another Appleseed without taking 5 minutes to write two very important letters.

Think about it...can you find a few minutes?  Have something better to do?  Did Isaac Davis have something better to do April 19th, when he left his home?
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Gumballhead

Quote from: 2 clicks low on May 04, 2011, 12:12:45 PM
It's too late to use snail mail. Vote might be tomorrow. Email or call.I have had a running email dialog with my rep Ann Williams from Chicago. She is dead opposed. I am still blasting her with facts and figures.
2cl

Quote from: Gumballhead on May 04, 2011, 11:36:45 AM
Back on topic, and BTT.

There is  a lot of activity on this now folks.  When I hear reps say ALL of their constituents are OPPOSED to this bill, yet all I hear on the radio, and online is SUPPORT, Something is VERY wrong.  Let your congress folks know, I mean really KNOW how YOU feel about YOUR state government.

I'm writing my letters today (One to my state senator Dan Duffy, and the other to my rep Ed Sullivan Jr).  I've been slacking, and I cannot attend another Appleseed without taking 5 minutes to write two very important letters.

Think about it...can you find a few minutes?  Have something better to do?  Did Isaac Davis have something better to do April 19th, when he left his home?

Good thing I just sent them each an email too.  I'll call them at lunch!

Ratchett

BEST WISHES GUYS!!! PRAYING ALL YOUR HARD WORK COMES TO FRUITION!!! O0 O0
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Gumballhead

My senator, Dan Duffy just wrote me back that he's 100% in support of CCW, and always has been.  it was nice of him to thank me for getting involved, and shared Appleseed's sentiment that more people should take a moment to get involved with their governments.

2 clicks low

This is it.
LINK to article in Journal Star from ISRA

http://www.pjstar.com/free/x1621727990/Ill-committee-passes-gun-bill-despite-veto-threat

Should be called for a house vote tomorrow. CALL /EMAIL email your rep today.

Next start writing the Govenor. Hand Written is best followed by Typed, Email & Phone in that order.

Thanks

2cl

oladcock

Good on you guys for standing up and fighting the good fight. Even we here in NM have many more "rights" then others, but we too have some loose ends to tie up but there are bright spots. My wife and I yesterday had to go file a report at the PD. Figured they'd hand us a form, fill it out, pass it back under the protective glass with a "we'll call if we have questions" response. Nope, officer came out, chatted for a moment, said come on back to fill out the report. "Ah....Officer, we're both carrying"....Shocked look on his face..."Do you have a permit?", "Yes sir", No problem, come on back", he didn't even ask to see it. To give you an idea of how far some states have to go, we can and do open carry at city council meetings! ....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Gumballhead

Just heard back from my state rep.  Turns out he's a co-sponsor of the bill, but still does not reduce the importance of holding these guys responsible!

How about everyone else?  let's make sure we let them know how we feel about this!

JustJeff

Quote from: oladcock on May 04, 2011, 03:36:27 PM
Good on you guys for standing up and fighting the good fight. Even we here in NM have many more "rights" then others, but we too have some loose ends to tie up but there are bright spots. My wife and I yesterday had to go file a report at the PD. Figured they'd hand us a form, fill it out, pass it back under the protective glass with a "we'll call if we have questions" response. Nope, officer came out, chatted for a moment, said come on back to fill out the report. "Ah....Officer, we're both carrying"....Shocked look on his face..."Do you have a permit?", "Yes sir", No problem, come on back", he didn't even ask to see it. To give you an idea of how far some states have to go, we can and do open carry at city council meetings! ....O.L.

Yup, it's really nice to open-carry pretty much everywhere I care to go here.  I'm still waiting for us to go to AZ's style of Constitutional-carry though.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Gopher Boy

Guys I really appreciate the support from out of state people, but a letter or email from you may help as well.

Imagine if we got 1,000,000 email in a single day from across the nation.  Some saying, "Now is the time for us to have it" and others saying, "I enjoy being able to protect myself, now is the time for your state to have the same rights."

It's not our fight.  it's OUR FIGHT.  48 states have come CCW law.  Do you know how many times I've heard, "I would love to come to the 300, but I won't enter a state that forces me to disarm at the boarder."  It forces me to think... (Again...  My thoughts here)  "Oh, I see you have traded you living room couch for a larger couch."

We the people are in this fight together, to quote Ab,  "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Think about it united we stand, for divided we will surely fall.

I think it goes for every shoot boss when I say...  If I was the shoot boss at your first shoot.  I didn't get you off the couch to save "JUST" your state, but a nation.

respectfully,

G.B.

PS...  I call and send an email to my rep every day. 

wooldl

I am happy to report that my Rep, Tom Holbrook, is a co-sponsor on HB148. He has indicated to me on more than one occasion that he will support all pro-gun bills and will not support any anti-gun bill. Bless his heart. :)

Come on IL CCW!!!!!!
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

Castle Mountain

WOW!!!!!    FREE STATE Eh?

Lucky guy. O0

Cheers

CM

Quote from: oladcock on May 04, 2011, 03:36:27 PM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Gumballhead

Looks like it didn't make it for the first round  !@#) !@#)

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2011/05/conceal-carry-being-debated-in-illinois-house.html

Gotta keep hammering away at the "no" votes out there folks  &) &) .  This bill is not dead yet!  :sos: :sos: :sos:

Castle Mountain

Check out this video ofSuzanna Gratia Hupp explaining the meaning of the 2nd Amendment! Very poigniant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

I know one thing, if I grow weary from well doing in Appleseed, I will find better things to do.  O0   

I took the time to blast emails and calls out, like the last stand of Gunga Din   http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1516766489/

Perhaps there need be legislation passed that classifies Chicago as city state and be removed from the rest of Illinois?

Here, here Gopher Boy, right on brother, right on!!

Name              District/Office                                Party
Aaron Schock   18th, US Representative   Republican
David Koehler   46th, State Senator           Democrat
Michael D. Unes   91st, State Representative   Republican
Richard J. Durbin   US Senator          Democrat
Mark Kirk   US Senator                          Republican
Pat Quinn   Governor                                  Democrat
Sheila Simon   Lieutenant Governor         Democrat
Lisa Madigan   Attorney General         Democrat
Jesse White   Secretary of State          Democrat
Judy Baar Topinka   Comptroller          Republican
Dan Rutherford   Treasurer                          Republican

Return to Search

We are watching with baited breath and hoping.

CM

Quote from: Gopher Boy on May 04, 2011, 06:34:54 PM
Guys I really appreciate the support from out of state people, but a letter or email from you may help as well.

Imagine if we got 1,000,000 email in a single day from across the nation.  Some saying, "Now is the time for us to have it" and others saying, "I enjoy being able to protect myself, now is the time for your state to have the same rights."

It's not our fight.  it's OUR FIGHT.  48 states have come CCW law.  Do you know how many times I've heard, "I would love to come to the 300, but I won't enter a state that forces me to disarm at the boarder."  It forces me to think... (Again...  My thoughts here)  "Oh, I see you have traded you living room couch for a larger couch."

We the people are in this fight together, to quote Ab,  "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Think about it united we stand, for divided we will surely fall.

I think it goes for every shoot boss when I say...  If I was the shoot boss at your first shoot.  I didn't get you off the couch to save "JUST" your state, but a nation.

respectfully,

G.B.

PS...  I call and send an email to my rep every day.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

JustJeff

I truly feel for those of you who reside in states which proclaim to be 'free' yet aren't.  Whenever the gun control freaks trot out their agendas in NM, they are shown Article II, Section 6, of the NM Constitution and then the door.   This is Article II, section 6, of the New Mexico Constitution:
Sec. 6. [Right to bear arms.]
No law shall abridge the right of the citizen
to keep and bear arms for security and
defense, for lawful hunting and recreational
use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing
herein shall be held to permit the carrying
of concealed weapons. No municipality                     
or county shall regulate, in any way, an incident
of the right to keep and bear arms. (As
amended November 2, 1971 and November
2, 1986.)

I have no idea how your State Constitution reads, but you guys should really push to have your State Constitution changed to read similarly.  We have folks working to remove the wording about concealed carry, but I understand it isn't TOO difficult to get your concealed carry permit.  Personally, I open-carry pretty much everywhere I go... I don't care to obtain "permission" to defend myself and those around me.

You can read the NM State Constitution in its entirety here: http://www.sos.state.nm.us/pdf/NMConst2010Eng.pdf
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Castle Mountain

Well, many of our Illinois ISHRA members will have received this note of encouragement that helps explain
and also make me aware of all the good work that has gone on behind the scenes.

I know I sent the video of Suzanna Gratia Hupp explaining the meaning of the 2nd Amendment to several
of our reps, including the governor himself for their viewing and consideration.

I even appealed to the fact that Florida takes in revenue for CC permits to the tune of 75 Million a year and that Illinois would do well in the
revenue department if they would give the green light for cc. However, Chicago politics and the Chicago city state
roll their power again. This is not over. If we keep active the turn for the better can be achieved.

Anyway, here is the latest news from ISHRA  http://isra.org/

Cheers,

CM

Gravy

Damn nanny state!  A criminal's paradise. 
"Come to Illinois to commit crimes.  The citizens are unarmed.  You are safe to mug and steal or whatever.  And if you get caught, we'll give you free room and board, with medical and dental benefits, plus exercise privledges.   O0  We also just eliminated the death penalty so your life is protected."  8)
What kinds of intellectual morons do we have running this state? ++)

Enough of the rant - I just needed to vent.  I'm actually happy to see we got as close as we did.  It's probably just a matter of time until the tide turns.  I'd bet if we keep spreading the word we'll get it approved next time. 
Perge! 

Dinky Dao

Quote from: Gopher Boy on May 04, 2011, 06:34:54 PM

You go, Gopherboy. AND HOW. Ben Franklin had to draw'em a picture 'cause the out of state millitia's didn't feel that what was going on in Boston was of any concern to them. They soon learned the battle comes to everyone's door, eventually.

LEST WE FORGET.

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Ewald

For those of you who don't know, in real life I have managed nonprofit foundations and have a fair amount of experience in the public sector. A quick reminder that we are a 501-3C and can not be directly involved in campaigning or lobbying. When talking to your representative be careful in how you frame Appleseed, if you do at all.

I point this out because I also recommend everyone contact their representatives again, especially the ones who lent their support. THANK THEM! Often elected officials only hear from constituents when emotions are high. They almost never hear from Joe average citizen thanking them for fighting the good fight after a losing battle.

It might be nice to have a separate conversation with them inviting them to a shoot.

Gumballhead

good point - I will most certainly thank them!!

Castle Mountain

Yeah, well look at this video the politicians in Illinois should all be required watch.
COming to a neighborhood near your perhaps?? And there is doubt regarding CC?
Oh my how we have made victims of ourselves. This video suggests reason for CC
and asks the question what if this swarm had been packing? Perhaps, just perhaps they were
and it was not demonstrated. 

Good grief, Charlie Brown, we need to produce more riflemen and riflewomen this year and next year and the year after that........... O0 in every state ASAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Z97FBHxE0&NR=1

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/14575982/mob-of-thieves-swarms-las-vegas-convenience-store

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8TqyMbhU8

Oh, well some day Dorthy in a land of Oz, far, far away. How is Toto these days any how? ;)

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Gravy on May 06, 2011, 10:38:13 AM
Damn nanny state!  A criminal's paradise. 
"Come to Illinois to commit crimes.  The citizens are unarmed.  You are safe to mug and steal or whatever.  And if you get caught, we'll give you free room and board, with medical and dental benefits, plus exercise privledges.   O0  We also just eliminated the death penalty so your life is protected."  8)
What kinds of intellectual morons do we have running this state? ++)

Enough of the rant - I just needed to vent.  I'm actually happy to see we got as close as we did.  It's probably just a matter of time until the tide turns.  I'd bet if we keep spreading the word we'll get it approved next time. 
Perge!

Pappy

Please understand, boys and girls, this is not Appleseed. We all know the results. Contact them all and make sure they hear your voice. UNELECT THEM.
Now back to the Appleseed show, (A Rifleman) a day keeps the elected dummy away.

:)

Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Pappy

Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

2 clicks low

Quote from: Gumballhead on May 06, 2011, 12:32:25 AM
Looks like it didn't make it for the first round  !@#) !@#)

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2011/05/conceal-carry-being-debated-in-illinois-house.html

Gotta keep hammering away at the "no" votes out there folks  &) &) .  This bill is not dead yet!  :sos: :sos: :sos:

If you live in the district of a nay sayer please contact them and inform them of the  lawsuits for open carry started after their vote against concealed carry. Hey, maybe there was a relationship between the vote and the timing of the law suite. I find that they tend to not notice things as trivial as the courts until you show them.

NRA & ISRA started one and SAF started another. Please make a donation to all three as this is a Federal suite and will effect all states. No matter where you live, your support is needed. The rights you save are your own.

2cl

2 clicks low

From the Illinois State Rifle Assn.

URGENT ALERT  -  YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED!

ANTI-CONCEALED CARRY LEGISLATOR TO HOLD TOWN HALL MEETING THIS WEDNESDAY - YOU NEED TO BE THERE!

As most of you readers know, Concealed Carry failed by just a few votes in the House this spring.  Many of the "NO" votes were the result of arm-twisting by the Daley-Emanuel Gun Grabbing Machine. 

One of the state representatives who voted "NO" on Concealed Carry is having a town hall meeting this Wednesday night.  He has invited the public to come to the town hall to express their ideas to him for next session. 

Regardless of where you live, this is your opportunity to inform an anti-gun legislator of your disappointment that Concealed Carry failed to pass.  Again, even though you may not live in this legislator's district, your appearance at his town hall to object to his "NO" vote on concealed carry will send a message to all the other representatives who voted "NO."  That message is, "We will not be quiet on this issue - we will not rest until the law-abiding citizens of Illinois are allowed to protect themselves and their families from violent thugs." 

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO HELP PASS CONCEALED CARRY DURING THE NEXT LEGISLATIVE SESSION: 

1.Attend Rep. Keith Farnham's town hall meeting and let the Representative know you are unhappy with his "NO" vote on Concealed Carry.
2.Please post this alert to any and all blogs or Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.
3.Please send this alert along to your friends and family, tell them to attend too.
HERE IS INFORMATION ON THE TOWN HALL - READ IT CAREFULLY AND PLEASE ATTEND: 

WHAT:  Town Hall Meeting - open to the public 

WHO:  Rep. Keith Farnham (voted "NO" on Concealed Carry) 

WHEN:  Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 7:00 PM 

WHERE:  Carpentersville Village Hall, 1200 L.W.  Besinger Drive , Carpentersville, IL 

REMEMBER - ONLY YOU CAN ENSURE THAT CONCEALED CARRY GETS PASSED.  ATTEND THIS TOWN HALL - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED AS BEING ON THE SIDE OF WHAT'S RIGHT!

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Gumballhead

We got anyone from team Il going to this?

Gravy

It's official - Illinois is the last and only state that doesn't allow some form of carry.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/milwakeewisn-18667753/illinois-lone-holdout-on-concealed-carry-25760880.html

Congrats to our neighbors on their new rights! ..:..

2 clicks low

The 7Th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled against Chicago's Gun Range Ban.
They said the 2A issues deserve the same scrutiny as 1A issues.
They Chided Chicago for "thumbing the municipal nose at the Supreme Court"

SAF and ISRA have filed suite for Open Carry listing this decision as a basis.

My State Rep, Ann Williams, who I have had a very polite running email debate about HR 148 emailed and asked me if I had any idea if my side would accept the Opt IN/OUT proposals going around. I never heard of such a thing. Maybe it is only the anti's who think this would work. I told her that the ISRA and SAF would not abandon 1/4 of the population nor accept a patchwork map that could get you arrested for getting off for gas at the wrong exit.

She has not replied yet.

Attached is the ruling. It's fun reading.

2cl

BigMike

Without state pre-emption of municipal laws regarding carry, any law "allowing" it would be completely meaningless.  Kansas had that issue for a while, where every set of local rules could be completely different, allowing concealed carry within the city limits, but county laws prohibited any carry outside of unloaded/cased, but the next county over allowed open carry but not concealed....  They have state pre-emption now, and everyone gets to play by the same rules...

2 clicks low

BigMike,
HR 148 includes preemption. She wanted to know if I thought the bill would be acceptable without it. I DON'T THINK SO.

Every body write your state reps and ask them to go back and pass HR148. Also contact your state Senator and ask them to introduce identical legislation to HR148 and pass it.

2cl