News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Illinois Red Hat!

Started by Shooter30-06, June 27, 2011, 11:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter30-06

Missouri Brigade got a Red Hat this weekend at Victoria!  Congratulations ^:)^
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Gumballhead

Great job Steve!

Red looks GOOD on ya!

On to GREEN muhahahhaa  ~~:)

mtbrass

Great Job Missouri Brigade O0. See you on the trail someplace. :)

Missouri Brigade

Thanks to all for the kind words.  I wouldn't have done it without all of you.  Any orange hats reading this....get to work on those PCs!

Castle Mountain

Congratulations Steve, with admiration for your steadfatness, persistance and patience.  No doubt your length of service was not a race to the finish line but a tribute to the quality and caliber of instructor you have become and to those senior instructors that have played such a key roll in all our develoment.  Well done good sir. Now go treat yourself to tha White Oak Upper you long for. We so look forward to doing a shoot with you soon.
O0

Warmest regards. Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

EEL

Yup.  Some have complained that Illinois is slow to promote.  Agreed.  But when we do, you know that our instructors have been around the block more than once.  No 4 shoot wonders here.

Missouri Brigade is one that has taken the trip around the block a few times.  Each time he has learned a bit more.  He takes the position of Instructor seriously.  He understands that it is more than the ability to regurgitate the manual on demand.  It is about how to read a shooter and react accordingly.  To know alternative methods to get the same message across.  To recognize that there is more than 1 way "skin a cat".  To know that text book answers to shooters problems don't always exist, for that you need experience.

Congratulations Steve!!  You are a credit to the entire instructor corps.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

2 clicks low

Congrats,
Looking forward to working with you.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Boba Fett

Good job Steve. Congrats!   O0

Boba

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Taylor

Quote from: EEL on June 28, 2011, 12:41:48 AM
Yup.  Some have complained that Illinois is slow to promote.  Agreed.  But when we do, you know that our instructors have been around the block more than once.  No 4 shoot wonders here.

Missouri Brigade is one that has taken the trip around the block a few times.  Each time he has learned a bit more.  He takes the position of Instructor seriously.  He understands that it is more than the ability to regurgitate the manual on demand.  It is about how to read a shooter and react accordingly.  To know alternative methods to get the same message across.  To recognize that there is more than 1 way "skin a cat".  To know that text book answers to shooters problems don't always exist, for that you need experience.

EEL
So as I sit here trying to see if I can do four Appleseeds in fifteen calendar days in July, I should realize that my recently earned Red Hat is somewhat diminished because I wasn't annointed in Illinois?

With all due respect,

Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Boba Fett

Quote from: Taylor on June 29, 2011, 01:43:51 AM

EEL
So as I sit here trying to see if I can do four Appleseeds in fifteen calendar days in July, I should realize that my recently earned Red Hat is somewhat diminished because I wasn't annointed in Illinois?

With all due respect,

Taylor

Taylor, You are mistaken. EEL's point was in brand new IIT's who take an orange hat and 4 shoots later they're a red hat. It's not a matter of where you get it. It's a matter of experience and competence earned prior to receiving it. In some cases and states it's an automatic thing (4th shoot your a red hat) when in fact the Instructor is woefully unprepared for the responsibility.

Boba

Taylor

Quote from: Boba Fett on June 29, 2011, 02:17:45 PM

EEL

With all due respect,

Taylor

Taylor, You are mistaken. EEL's point was in brand new IIT's who take an orange hat and 4 shoots later they're a red hat. It's not a matter of where you get it. It's a matter of experience and competence earned prior to receiving it. In some cases and states it's an automatic thing (4th shoot your a red hat) when in fact the Instructor is woefully unprepared for the responsibility.

Boba

If I took EEL's statement the wrong way, I apologize. But before I sit down and shut up allow me this...what benefit is there to be gained by criticizing and putting down fellow Appleseed volunteers through generalities and heresay? I thought we all played for the same team and had a common Mission.

Respectfully,

Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Boba Fett

Quote from: Taylor on June 29, 2011, 03:23:54 PM
Quote from: Boba Fett on June 29, 2011, 02:17:45 PM

EEL

With all due respect,

Taylor

Boba

If I took EEL's statement the wrong way, I apologize. But before I sit down and shut up allow me this...what benefit is there to be gained by criticizing and putting down fellow Appleseed volunteers through generalities and heresay? I thought we all played for the same team and had a common Mission.

Respectfully,

Taylor

This is precisely why I stay off these boards. All EEL did was congratulate Steve on earning his red hat and make a point that he earned it (unlike some others who really don't). You misunderstood it and took it personally because all you heard was "4 shoot wonder" and you're trying to do 4 shoots in 15 days. Those are two completely unrelated issues. Nobody told you to "sit down and shut up" and your sarcasm does little to benefit anything either. Maybe you should take that chip on your shoulder with you and go troll some other board. You obviously didn't come here to congratulate Steve.

My apologies to Steve for tarnishing his congratulatory thread with this exchange.

Missouri Brigade

Thanks again for the congrats.

Nice new avatar Boba.

BrownBessEd

Congrats on earning the Red Hat!

Tornado

Congratulations Steve!  ^:)^  Look forward to working with you again.

--Tornado.
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Ashes

Congratulations Missouri Brigade!
Things are getting busy around here! :)