News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washington State Facebook Page

Started by Scramblin, February 14, 2011, 03:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scramblin

Hi all.

I just put up a Washington Facebook page.  Project Appleseed Washington State.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Appleseed-Washington-State/182512245117917

I will update as I have time.  Once it looks feels right, I plan to start an ad campaign to drive traffic. 

Scramblin
Killed my cable.  Found Appleseed.  Nuff said.

06en

Scramblin,

I would like to thank you so very much for setting a WA State AS FB page. I think it may go very well into helping promote AS here in WA.

I have conversed with Only Hit Count and it looks like we will be getting ducks in a row to start working gun shows here in Central WA. When we have more information, I hope that we can get you that info and post to that page. Still working on getting more venues so something has got to give. Please feel free to PM me.

06en

Scramblin

06en

Will definitely help at a few gun shows.  Has anyone approached the Sportsmans Club in Puyallup, WA?

I also just posted the April Castle Rock Shoot up on Freedom Connector.  They have been advertising a lot and getting new users.  Figured I'd try to drive some traffic our way.

06en

Quote from: Scramblin on February 18, 2011, 01:21:42 AM
06en

Will definitely help at a few gun shows.  Has anyone approached the Sportsmans Club in Puyallup, WA?

I also just posted the April Castle Rock Shoot up on Freedom Connector.  They have been advertising a lot and getting new users.  Figured I'd try to drive some traffic our way.

I know I have not. To be honost it is not one I'm looking to tackle being 4+ hours away. Would be nice if someone closer would look into it.

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Scramblin

Alright Alright, I get the message.  I'll get right on it.

Is there a "how to sign up a new range" area with a checklist of requirements/protocol, etc..

TruTenacity

Scramblin.

Check out the homepage link found under the "Appleseed" tab.
http://appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

You can also contact Reformed Redneck if you need help.

TT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TrebleShooter

Awesome!
We have a facebook pages for Northern and Southern Nevada.  I'm finding that it doesn't necessarily bring a lot of new people in, but it does provide a way to keep in touch with previous shooters and people that want to keep updated with our progress as an area.  It's great for networking and recruiting help for gun shows.  It's also a good starting point to get in touch with 'friends of friends.'
Just my observations  :)
~TS

Scramblin

Just added the new Medical Lake Shoot to the wall.  Also Posted on Freedom Connector as an event.  Also on wall.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Appleseed-Washington-State/182512245117917

Please FRIEND and REPOST or comment.

http://connect.freedomworks.org/node/121151

Scramblin

:~

I have just purchased a Facebook ad campaign for the next 30 days.  Our ad will be shown 5000 times a day to only people that are not already Friends of Project Appleseed and who meet the below criteria.  A few key words are just experimental on my part.

Estimated Reach
472,520 people
who live in the United States
who live in Idaho, Oregon or Washington
age 16 and older
who like allen west, boy scouts, college republicans, conservative, constitutionalist, fox news, freedom, girl scouts, glenn beck, grateful dead, hannity, home schooling, hunting fishing, liberty freedom foundation, mike huckabee, nfl football, objectivist, oreilly factor, outdoors, phish, reagan conservative, reason magazine, rush limbaugh eib network, sarah palin, sean hannity, second amendment, shooting sports, string cheese incident or ymca
who are not already connected to Project Appleseed Washington State

I'll let you know how it goes.  If anyone can think of good key word INTERESTS to atract freedom loving folks, help me out and post some suggestions.  I'll rotate them through and see what works best.  Facebook analytics are pretty good.

BTW - by placing our shoots up on Freedom Connect as events and offering to answer any questions, I  have landed 2 folks.   

It's a brave new world.

Wheeler44

Good job on the grateful dead...There are more than a few dead heads around this forum.

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Wade

Quote from: Wheeler44 on May 15, 2011, 01:31:18 PM
Good job on the grateful dead...There are more than a few dead heads around this forum.

W44
???
"they build there walls with cannon balls there motto is don't tread on me"

I have no idea what your talking about Wheeler44 ::)
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Scramblin

One of my first companies was UJB inc.  I included PHISH because they are the Dead for the 80-90's generation.

BTW-  After 2 days, we got 3 click throughs.  For $2 I couldn't have even driven to the local gun show.  We'll see.

corpsman

Am a member of Tacoma Sportsman's Club (near Puyallup). Unlikely the board would agree based on a chat I had with a range officer.
TANSTAAFL

Rizzin

Is this something that a little education about who we are and what we are about will help correct or are there other issues in this?

George Hacker

If you are a Washington instructor or Appleseed shooter who participates in these forums, it would be worthwhile to join the Project Appleseed Washington State facebook organization.  It may not have immediate results in terms of putting new shooters on the lines, but it will make your friends aware of Appleseed as posts from this group appear on your "wall"  (especially if you "like" some of the announcements posted by this FB organization such as the opening of a new Appleseed range in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area).

Currently the organization has 52 likes.  Let's see if we can get it to grow.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

twoclones

The facebook page this thread points to is waaay out of date. :(

Please note the official page at
https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestRegionProjectAppleseed

ThePoet

Quote from: Scramblin on February 14, 2011, 03:07:59 PM
Hi all.

I will update as I have time.  Once it looks feels right, I plan to start an ad campaign to drive traffic. 

Scramblin

Scramblin, thanks for stepping up to the plate with Facebook.  We've been trying to do a better job of managing our online presence and social media (specifically Facebook) has been our first project.  We have established a set of guidelines that we ask all FB admins to follow.  I'll send them to you in a PM.

Poet

06en

Quote from: ThePoet on May 05, 2014, 03:22:52 PM
Quote from: Scramblin on February 14, 2011, 03:07:59 PM
Hi all.

Scramblin

Scramblin, thanks for stepping up to the plate with Facebook.  We've been trying to do a better job of managing our online presence and social media (specifically Facebook) has been our first project.  We have established a set of guidelines that we ask all FB admins to follow.  I'll send them to you in a PM.

Poet

Inactive page.

George Hacker

It is inactive and has been superseded by the Northwest Region Project. Appleseed page.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

ThePoet

Quote from: ShadowMan on May 05, 2014, 08:09:35 PM
It is inactive and has been superseded by the Northwest Region Project. Appleseed page.

ShadowMan

I first saw this thread on my phone and never realized the date.  Wow.  Carry on, fellas.  Sorry about that.