News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A 1st EVER FOR APPLESEED !! **A HISTORY BOOT CAMP**

Started by EEL, January 27, 2011, 09:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEL

Many reading this are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd decendants of "The Guy".  If not, you probably experienced his passion for history at a shoot you attended.  It wasn't "the 6 steps of firing a shot" or "how to make a safe rifle" or IMC   :wb: that triggered you to get off the couch.  It was the passion, the feeling, the emotions, the history.

Illinois is proud to roll out the first ever History Boot Camp to be held on April 2-3, 2011.  It will be held in the same location as our last IBC, the Masonic Temple in Ottawa.  There will be NO steady hold factors.  There will be NO prone, seated, standing demos.  There will be NO IMC. 

There will be in depth discussion and demonstrations on how to tell "The Story".  There will be numerous RH/SB there to guide you through how to arrange your thoughts so your story flows and has meaning.  There will be ideas on how you can formulate a good benediction.  There will be ideas on how to reach the shooters on your line for that shoot.  History is NOT cookie cutter stuff.  To be effective, it needs to be tailored for each shoot.

You've all heard that if Appleseed offered 2 day history clinics, no one would show up so we use shooting as the hook.  Well, Illinois is offering just that.  Two days of nothing but history.  It is highly recommended that you read OR re-read PRR beore attending.  This will be a TSP (Total Student Participation) event!

Bring a USB flash drive if you want SBIT info.  We will be happy to download the SBIT folder on your drive.  It is a good collection of things you will need as you change hat colors.  (History, Benedictions, forms, SB responsibilities, quotes, etc)

Cost is $20 per person.  Send a PM to Pappy to sign up.  "Camping" is available in the basement (just as with the IBC) starting Friday night.  With enough attendees, three squares on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday is included.  We will try to wrap it up by 1330 on Sunday so you can travel home (on a full stomach  ;)) at a decent hour. 

We look forward to making some great story tellers so the "big push" on April 16-17 reaches as many shooters as possible.  Heard this somewhere..........."It ain't about the shootin' folks"

PM Pappy and hope to see a hundred or so  ~~:) of you on April 2-3.

EEL

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Garand69

Be a part of this Historical Appleseed Event that is sure to leave a mark for years to come!!  ^:)^
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

There will be no TATOOS installed during this H- B- C-... And I thought it ment High Bullet Count....

The History Boot Camp has plenty or room for you and any fellows who ya drag with...

PM me if you will be there and when.... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Patriot Gal

This is a perfect and opportune time to set everything else aside and focus on our history.

Come and participate, learn and experience telling the story of April 19, 1775~ by the book!!

Learn (or improve upon) how to tell the story, include all the important points while you make it your own.  Prepare by reading PRR and Fred's Guideposts.

Learn how to effectively present the story from your heart to better win the hearts and minds of the people attending Appleseed Shoots in your area.

Dare I say that, that everyone, bar none, can benefit from help to improve their history telling?

"Experience the Rebirth of Marksmanship and American Heritage".  Learn it the best you can so you will be able to effectively share that with others.

The only way you'll know how important and great this HBC is, is to ATTEND!!!!  ;)

Hope to see some of you Hoosers over here at the HBC.  I believe you'll find that it's worth the drive.

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!
Patriot Gal

We are "One Nation" ~ "United We Stand"
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan