News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Countdown

Started by SPQR, February 17, 2011, 02:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

T-Minus a day and a half till the first Bedford Contingent Appleseed of the 2011 season.  I am absolutely giddy with anticipation.  The only shoot in the state this weekend, no reason we all can't show up, right? 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

SPQR

T-Minus 24 hours to Instructor Meeting at Bedford!
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

AuntieBellum

Who's ready for an Appleseed?  I cannot wait to get to Bedford.   :D  Took the day off from work to load the truck and spend some time napping in between studying and filling out my PC.  Man, this program has gotta be good to get me to leave my house at 3am tomorrow.    ++)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Chilidog

I got firewood. I got mud. I got a new toilet. I got targets. Mrs Chilidog and The Wright Woman got the food. We are reaaddyy!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

POC

We'll be there in the morning.  I'm working all night tonight, till 4am, so I'll get a couple of hours of sleep then get up and come there.
Be there at 8:30am, is that right?
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

SPQR

would anyone object if I brought biscuits and gravy to the instructor meeting?

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

AuntieBellum

Object?  Are you kidding me?  I'll bring the bacon - it'll be pre-cooked in the package, but bacon is bacon, right?   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

hawkhavn

I OBJECT!!!!
...only because I can't be there...             ;D

Carry on,
HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Chilidog

As of tonight the mud is now flexible dirt! Great for fixing SPQR plow marks! Biscuts and gravey! We will have the Coffey hot and in the pot!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

ATM

Quote from: hawkhavn on February 18, 2011, 06:22:41 PM
I OBJECT!!!!

Gonna have to second this motion and for the same reason.   :(

(Have a great weekend, everyone!)  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

POC

I for one am bringing a small tarp to put down before I put my carpet down. I don't want to get wet and dirty.   !@#)
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

Niecie

Quote from: ATM on February 18, 2011, 09:26:34 PM
Quote from: hawkhavn on February 18, 2011, 06:22:41 PM
I OBJECT!!!!

Gonna have to second this motion and for the same reason.   :(

(Have a great weekend, everyone!)  ;)

Me too! I am so sad I cannot be there (day jobs, huh!) But I am sending Liberty Bars in my stead. I don't think any one will go hungry this weekend!

Have a great shoot, everyone - so sorry to miss you all!

Niecie