News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Road FBC moved to April 2-3 2011

Started by crak, December 15, 2010, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

Fred got a better gig for our original date.  After much careful consideration of my offer to put on a fake white moustache and Southern drawl, he decided to move it up a week.

Battle Road.
With Fred.
No Steady Hold Factors.
April 2-3, 2011
FREE for instructors and IITs.

Details and eventbrite link to follow.  Post if you're coming.
Check your drama at the door.

fprintf

Most definitely coming. ^:)^ (assuming these used to be called the Advanced IBC)
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

vernic82

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Log

"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

dwarven1

April 1 & 2? Friday & Saturday, not Saturday & Sunday?

Well, I hate taking a day off work but if that's when Fred's going to be here for the advanced IBC, I'll be there.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

mike93lx

I'll be there and if any instructors are looking at a long drive and want a place to crash, shoot me a PM.

lupis42

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

goodpiper

I intend to be there. (lambing permitting)

The Log

What's the deal with non-instructors? My wife would love to hear Fred do history, and the Battle Road setting is icing on the cake. The whole crew (minus the dog) is staying in Lexington that weekend with me and Who_Me?, so they'd like to come along for at least part of the IBC if possible. If not - well, I suppose there are a few things to do in Boston...

The Log

crak

That's easy.  Just make them instructors.

fprintf

Nevermind, found my answer!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

Lakevillian

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God"

How to resist, that's the rub.......

Sprocket

edmorseiii

Can I still go? If so, I will try, but you know my caveat.  :-\

The Log

voidoid

I should be around for this, and I'd love to go. 
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

The Old Guide

Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

crak

The Event Information Page and Eventbrite link are here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20956.0

Post if you're coming or PM me

fprintf

Yes!

A point of clarification: I thought there were no fees for the AIBC?  Unless I am mistaken, I thought the AIBCs were no charge for IITs? At least it was that way when the AIBC was IIT3 and up.

The eventbrite link shows $70 except the usual exemptions plus instructors or RBC/IBC veterans.

Anyway, posting that I am coming.

crak

Eventbrite is not very smart.  Just sign up for free.  ..:..

vernic82

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

SavageShootr

Quote from: vernic82 on February 28, 2011, 10:40:43 PM
Quote from: crak on February 28, 2011, 10:37:32 PM

Done so.

You tricked EB???? Good job!!

Yes, All of the AIBCs are free. They are posted on the standard IBC template and unless the person posting it "hides" the pay ticket it will be on there. Sometimes we are a bit too busy to think to do that too.

Thanks for understanding.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Evenstar

Quote from: SavageShootr on February 28, 2011, 11:13:12 PM
Quote from: vernic82 on February 28, 2011, 10:40:43 PM
Quote from: crak on February 28, 2011, 10:37:32 PM

Done so.

You tricked EB???? Good job!!

Yes, All of the AIBCs are free. They are posted on the standard IBC template and unless the person posting it "hides" the pay ticket it will be on there. Sometimes we are a bit too busy to think to do that too.

Thanks for understanding.

Oops, sorry! My bad! I forgot about hiding those particular tickets. Ditto what SS said, thanks for understanding. :bow:
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Sprocket

In, schedule pending...So I'm officially a "Maybe"

fprintf

Is there a list of activities/times for this event?  I am trying to plan either coming up on Friday or early Saturday morning and then make arrangements to crash at a friend's house... but may have to seek alternatives if we are going crazy late!

Nickle

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

CortJestir

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Andy in NH

Quote from: fprintf on March 15, 2011, 04:58:56 PMIs there a list of activities/times for this event? 

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet:

QuoteThe Lexington Minute Men announce that rehearsal for the Battle of Lexington Green will be held on Sunday, April 3 at 2:00 pm (rain date April 10 at 2 pm) on Lexington Green, Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington, MA.

LINK
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!