News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Road FBC moved to April 2-3 2011

Started by crak, December 15, 2010, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickle

Good catch. I tried searching for a Friendly's earlier, and that one didn't show up.

Why don't we make this the spot? It should have enough room for a bunch of us, and the prices are usually decent, and the breaksfasts are good.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

mike93lx

Quote from: dwarven1 on March 31, 2011, 10:47:00 AM
Sounds good to me. Just pick us a place, Mike. Oh... and bring my gun lock key, will ya?

Will do  :-[

Quote from: Nickle on March 31, 2011, 03:34:44 PM
Good catch. I tried searching for a Friendly's earlier, and that one didn't show up.

Why don't we make this the spot? It should have enough room for a bunch of us, and the prices are usually decent, and the breaksfasts are good.

Sold.  7:15?

If anyone needs a place to crash, let me know.  I don't have spare beds, but there is plenty of space in my living room for a few people to roll out sleeping bags.

Nickle

7:00 to 7:15 works for me. I'm usually an early riser when I'm working anyways, so I might get there on the early side.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

The Log

Alright, this rots... Who_Me? and I can't make both days now - my wife is sick, so the best we can do is a day trip. Any suggestions which day would be better?

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Sprocket

From an IBC standpoint, I'll say either

From a rehearsal standpoint I say Saturday - seeing, hearing and feeling the actions of both sides is pretty powerful stuff

Hey Crak - you get those patches made yet?

The Log

Yeah, Saturday seems a better deal all around. Looks like we'll be up and on the road at oh-dark-thirty.

That is, if we're not snowed out. We got about 3" here in NW CT - how did we fare along Battle Road?

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Fred

Looks like 4-5" of slush, which is melting already...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

CortJestir

Just a quick update on the reenactment rehearsal at Lexington Green:

Just heard back from my friend Steve who's commanding the reenactment...

The few inches of slush/wet snow on the Green at the moment is turning out to be more problematic for them than they thought. The current plan (which is subject to change) is to muster at the parking lot at Hartwell Tavern at 10am. They will then run a few musket drills at the station across the street. After that, they will make their way to Minuteman National Park to do formation drills and other musket drills if the park allows. They will most likely not be in full kit (i.e. 100% period dress) for fear of getting them all dirtied up and not ready for the Patriots Day celebration. That may sound weird, but totally understandable when you figure that a proper period-correct outfit can cost much money.

Anyway that's all I know...
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

dwarven1

Quote from: Nickle on March 31, 2011, 03:34:44 PM

What IS it with you and Friendly's, anyway?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

mike93lx

it is probably too late, but for anyone planning to meet at Friendly's, it is actually on Lexington Street in Waltham, not Waltham Street in Lexington.  I found the same bad info online, but I called the Friendly's a little while ago to verify.

crak

See!  I warned you guys.  Nothing good happens at 7:30am.
Check your drama at the door.

crak

Sunday morning meetup at 9am at Merriam's Corner.

Sprocket

Quote from: mike93lx on April 01, 2011, 10:11:36 PM
it is probably too late, but for anyone planning to meet at Friendly's, it is actually on Lexington Street in Waltham, not Waltham Street in Lexington.  I found the same bad info online, but I called the Friendly's a little while ago to verify.

Buckman's - Hartwell's - what's the difference...

fprintf

It was great to meet everyone from New England and KDan from NY this weekend, and certainly our illustrious leader Fred. I am looking forward to the IAAR to add some details and view what must have been 100s of pictures!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

dwarven1

Quote from: crak on April 01, 2011, 10:14:56 PM
See!  I warned you guys.  Nothing good happens at 7:30am.

Check your drama at the door.  &)
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

kDan

I worked out my trip to this event last minute...  actually, late minute.  I found myself free to go on Saturday morning and I'm glad I went.  While it's always nice to see everybody and make new friends, it was even more of a treat to visit the Lexington Green, North Bridge, Merriam's Corner, and Bloody Curve.  I will be back. 

Thanks Guys. 

Bloody Curve (the corner is actually behind me - this is the direction from which the British marched)

Don't like the looks of that rabble over there.

I can't listen to the king's lies anymore!!!

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout