News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Road FBC moved to April 2-3 2011

Started by crak, December 15, 2010, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fprintf

There is a whole crew coming up from CT:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21077

So far it looks like:
CortJestir (SC)
The Log (SB)
vernic82 (SB)
fprintf (RH)
glock23 (IIT3)
Jay Haich (IIT1)
Who_Me? (IIT1)

I thought I also heard that TomInCT (SB) and CaptMac (RH) would be joining us, but haven't seen them post in that thread.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CortJestir

Way to go, guys. If TOMINCT and CaptMac are registered up, that makes 9 CT folks out of 20 pre-registrations. Cool.  :cool2:
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

GMB74

I will be coming, and bringing Roadrunner (IiT1) with me.

The Log

The Log and WhoMe? will be there. Looking forward to meeting you Nickle, and everyone else.

</log>

Quote from: Nickle on March 15, 2011, 05:37:49 PM
Who is signed up so far?

I know I am.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

dwarven1

Quote from: crak on February 28, 2011, 05:12:05 AM
The Event Information Page and Eventbrite link are here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20956.0

Post if you're coming or PM me

I just realized that I never signed up... fixed that now.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

The Old Guide

OK, Is this a one day or a two day event? Eventbrite says it's two days. Some sources say it's at 9 AM Saturday for one day. Some say it's 8:30 AM. We'll be there early because our parking opportunities are limited.

"Battle Road, MA - Advanced Instructor Boot Camp - April 2-3, 2011
Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 8:30 AM (ET)"

Even the Instructor Schedule shows it as a two day event.

"Apr 02-03     Battle Road, MA    17/100      Fred/SB"
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

crak

Check your drama at the door.

The Old Guide

Thanks. I'll book the room for another night.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

lupis42

I've got couch space and an air-mattress about half an hour away if anyone needs crash space. (Marlborough, MA)

Also... has anyone told New Hampshire?
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

luv2Bfree

"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Libertyxxx

The

The Lexington Green Reenactment is excellent!  We went last year instead of on the day itself. You can park easier an move around the green easier an they practice over an over so you really get a great view of things.

I'm happy to be able to attend with the Mass group . Also I am looking forward to once again sharing history with Fred it was a pleasure to be in his company last year on  Patriots Day Weekend in Harvard.

See you all in a couple of weeks
Cindy

fprintf

Really looking forward to this event. I see the schedule takes us until 5 p.m. on Saturday, which is good for me. I plan on spending some time that evening with some local friends before I crash at their house.

Don't mind me if I get up in the middle of Crak "going long"...  ???
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

Fred

Well, it looks like the weather will be sunny for the weekend, which is good.

I usually try to be done on Sat by 5- 6 PM, and 3-4 PM on Sunday.

However, if there are good rehersals we don't want to miss, I guess we need to figure on running a bit later than usual...

If you want to prepare, see http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21141.msg165217#msg165217

For the comments of a participant, see any of the AAR comments, or http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21069.msg164731#msg164731

I'll be in town Friday PM; look forward to seeing everyone at 8:30 AM Sat morn - crak, I assume - out on Lex Green?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

crak

What's this 8:30 stuff?  That EIP clearly says 9.  :)

Yes, Lexington Green is the place to start.  Unless anybody wants to meet at midnight in Boston friday. ;).

Nickle

Quote from: crak on March 30, 2011, 03:06:55 PM
What's this 8:30 stuff?  That EIP clearly says 9.  :)

Yes, Lexington Green is the place to start. 

I think Fred is trying to get us on an early start..............

QuoteUnless anybody wants to meet at midnight in Boston friday. ;).

Hmmm.....a trip to "the Combat Zone"?
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

dwarven1

Quote from: Fred on March 30, 2011, 12:49:49 PM

Well, it looks like the weather will be sunny for the weekend, which is good.

Yes, it means that the 6-14" that Mother Nature is going to dump on us the day before will start melting quickly.  >:(
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Lakevillian

Crak always wants to get up at the crack of crak, which is usually about an hour later than when the early risers get wherever we are meeting.  Anybody planning on getting there early for breakfast?
:D
Lakevillian
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God"

How to resist, that's the rub.......

Libertyxxx

Dress accordingly

They say right now for the area  4-6 inches

Friday Night...Snow likely. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Saturday And Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s. Lows in the lower 30s.

Sunday And Sunday Night...Mostly clear. Highs in the mid 40s. Lows in the lower 30s.

fprintf

Ok, some details needed please. I see the starting place is Lexington Green. Can someone provide a Google Maps location?  I'll be driving up that morning from Connecticut.

Is there any specific good place to park?  Is this likely to be an all-day parking spot?  Are we walking and talking or will we need to drive from one location to another?

Lunch and drink are indicated as needed, which is fine. Are there places nearby to buy it or is it a good idea to pack a lunch for both days?

CortJestir

Stuart, see here: http://bit.ly/gXB2Mt

You'll be able to park on Route 4, Mass Ave or Harrington Rd (and many of the side streets near the green). That early in the AM, we should all be able to find spots on the green (that is, if the reenactors aren't there already camping out). I don't think we'll be there the whole day, especially with the reenactment rehearsal - it's going to be a mess there when they come into town. I know the fella commanding the entire event. I'm going to ask him to send me the rehearsal agenda. If it's anything like the previous IBCs, we'll be driving from one location to another. Don't know how long we'll be at Lexington Green, though.

Nickle

We'll definitely be doing some driving throughout the day, as there's more to see than just Lexington Green. You get to see the stops along the way to and from Concord, and we'll definitely be visiting the North Bridge in Concord.

I've done this trip, with Fred and a very few others a few years back (on April 19th, too).

I'll mention to bring an easily carried chair or stool with you, you might want it.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Fred

I'd like us to see as much of the rehersals as possible, even if it means we have to run long on the day...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

CortJestir

^ Oh yeah, for sure. It'll be a treat! I have an email into the commander of the reenactment to find out when we can be on the Green (if we can be at all that day) and when the rehearsals start so we can plan accordingly to watch 'em.

crak

Ratchett

This all sounds soooo wonderful! Wish I could be with you guys, but will be on the Appleseed trail heading westward. Post pictures please :D for those of us who cannot experience the FBC in person.

God's blessings to you all in travel and learning! May we meet on the AS trail soon...

In His Grip,
Ratchett (aka Julia)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

mike93lx

Quote from: Lakevillian on March 30, 2011, 03:29:54 PM
Crak always wants to get up at the crack of crak, which is usually about an hour later than when the early risers get wherever we are meeting.  Anybody planning on getting there early for breakfast?
:D
Lakevillian

I'm definitely game for meeting up for breakfast.  I can't find much of anything in Lexington, but if there are a few people interested in meeting up, I can do a little more looking and pick a place.  I did come across a couple places in the surrounding towns including Concord.  I'd say we'd want to meet somewhere at about 7:30, as long as it is close to Lexington Green.  Who's in?

Nickle

I'm staying with Dwarven1, and, if he's in for breakfast, so am I. Sounds like a good opportunity for some of us to get to know each other, or refresh old friendships.

dwarven1

Quote from: Nickle on March 31, 2011, 10:11:52 AM
I'm staying with Dwarven1, and, if he's in for breakfast, so am I. Sounds like a good opportunity for some of us to get to know each other, or refresh old friendships.

Sounds good to me. Just pick us a place, Mike. Oh... and bring my gun lock key, will ya?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Nickle

I did some web checking, there's a place in Concord called Helen's. Nothing decent looking in Lexington.

And, count me in.

Libertyxxx

Hi all,

Breakfast:  There is a Friendly's 2.48 miles 1060 WALTHAM ST, Lexington,Ma[color=]
  I'm not saying we are going to meet from breakfast. The Coffee Shop in the town
of Lexington is fine for us.

Re Enactment: Todd an I watched it last year it was great they did 4  total dress rehearsals. We walked to all sides of the green to watch it from different angles. [/color]

Camera:  Don't for get your cameras of all types I will have mine an will share photos .

Gloves I don't thing I need to say more than that on that subject.