News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible Host Ranges in Central WAshington

Started by 06en, December 13, 2010, 09:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

I am creating this thread in the hopes that anyone will have some ideas, Names and locations in which we can have an Appleseed in Central Washington. Established ranges are good but another great place is privately owned property. So If you know someone, have contact information, speak with them or get them in contact with me or get their information to me.

splaticus

I have a friend in Prosser that has a private range that would accomodate about 20 students.  I will talk with him and get back to you.
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

TruTenacity

I'll send out a church e-mail and see if I get any bites.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TruTenacity

Here is what I sent out to two congregations that number over 1,000 folks combined.  Maybe it will get some hits.

Also, I looked at the links listed on the Lewiston Pistol Club's web page.  One of them is a link to TCSA, Tri-cities Shooting Association.  TCSA home page: http://www.tcsa.info/.  TCSA photos: http://www.tcsa.info/picpage.htm.
Maybe they'd be opened to hosting an Appleseed event.

.06en, thank you so much for being a great promotions guy.  Your commitment is encouraging.

TruT

p.s.  See you in March for the IBC.  We have plenty of room for you, your wife, and your camping trailer to stay at our place.

Dear Christ Church and Trinity folks,

As many of you know the Cernik family is involved with The Appleseed Project, a nation wide volunteer organization that promotes American heritage through story telling and rifle marksmanship through teaching.  As Appleseed begins scheduling events for the coming year they are always looking for new venues.  If you know of any range, large or small, long range or short range, in the northwest region, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana, please forward the contact information to us so we can work at scheduling an Appleseed event with them.

Also, if you know of anyone with private land that may be willing to host an Appleseed event please let us know.  The land owner will not incur any cost whatsoever.  There is a host application form that needs to be filled out which grants Appleseed the right to be on their property.  The land is also placed on Appleseed's insurance plan for the weekend to cover liability costs.

Lastly, Lewiston Pistol Club, outside of Moscow, has contacted us.  They have opened their range schedule and will be hosting an Appleseed May 14th and 15th.  You may follow this link for further information and registration: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18878.0.

Fees for the two day event: men - $70.00, women, active military, military and civilian disabled, peace officers, and elected officials - $10.00, and youth under 21 - $5.00.  All attendees need to provide their own rifle, ammunition, and ear and eye protection.  For further information about The Appleseed Project visit their home page at http://appleseedinfo.org/index.html.

Thank you for your consideration.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Cernik Famiy
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

splaticus

It looks like we have a private range near Prosser.  I spoke to him today and he is very excited about it.  He is looking at the area to ensure that it can accomodate at least 20 shooters.  He has held private classses out there in the past and has a heated garage for lecturing and lunch time.  I should hear back from him in the next day or so and then I will go out to his place to ensure that it would be adaquate.  I think it'll be perfect though as he has had over 50 students out there for a defensive handgun class earlier this year and it was fine for that.  If this works out would Jan 29, 30th be a good weekend or is that too soon?  I already have 15-20 people who want to go!  Very excited about the possiblity of this!

tim

TruTenacity

That is exciting news!  Are there hotels in Prosser for instructors to stay in?  The location is 3.5 hours away from us and 1 hour away from .06en according to google maps.

There is an event scheduled in CdA on Jan. 8th & 9th.  actineon is the SB for that one.
There isn't a SB on the schedule yet for the event in Lewiston Jan. 22nd & 23rd.
January 29th and 30th are open on the AS schedule.

I'll make sure Reformed Redneck sees this thread and get his opinion.  I'm not sure which WA instructors will be available.

TT 

Reformed Redneck

Splaticus,

I dare say that if we have a place and 15 - 20 shooters ready to go that we'll find a way to staff it even if we have to bring in outside help. The only downside of this is that we won't be able to promote it much, but it doesn't sound to me like it will need it unless we have room for 50 shooters. How many of your potential shooters are hardy winter types?

Let's get this guy a Host Application right away!

Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

splaticus

I told them all it it might be cold that day!  No worries!  It'll be fun to try to shoot a Winterseed patch anyway! javascript:void(0);

If you email me the application or paperwork, I'll get it to him asap and then we can finalize a date. 

Thanks!

06en

Quote from: splaticus on December 14, 2010, 07:57:28 PM
I told them all it it might be cold that day!  No worries!  It'll be fun to try to shoot a Winterseed patch anyway! javascript:void(0);

If you email me the application or paperwork, I'll get it to him asap and then we can finalize a date. 

Thanks!

I need your email address to do so.

06en

OnlyHitsCount

Well, don't go filling it up before we get an opportunity to sign-up!   :~

That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

splaticus

Quote from: OnlyHitsCount on December 15, 2010, 03:44:08 AM
Well, don't go filling it up before we get an opportunity to sign-up!   :~

Don't worry, we'll find the room for you and your family!

TruTenacity

Quote from: splaticus on December 14, 2010, 07:57:28 PM

Thanks!

You know, most folks get their forum names shortened by others when receiving messages.  I'm not sure I want to shorten yours to "splat", so ...

Splaticus, I PMd you the link that has a PDF file of the Host App. that you can download.

Here is the link again which can be found on AS's website under the tab "Appleseed" then "Be a Host".  http://appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

TruT