News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Yakima, WA Dec 11-12

Started by 06en, December 11, 2010, 11:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

Quick opening for the Winterseed in Moxee WA.

Started the day with 14 shooters.  Bugged out of the cold and heavy snowfall to the club house for Lunch and 3 Strikes.

After Lunch 4 shooters remained. Managed to get 2 AQTs in before the last of 4-5 inches of snow pushed us off the range. The result is 1 Winterseed Rifleman Patch earned by Amy with a score of 218?

The SB and I discussed the conditions of the traveling the roads on Sunday and determined that calling off the Sunday portion was in the best interest for all concerned.

More information and play-by-play and photos to follow.

Earl

Good job, good call on the weather and safety. ;) Congratulations Amy! O0 Since it is the season, you can have one good wish picture, wish y'all had been here in Carver Oregon at the Hanger, holiday lightfest outside, pizza and politics inside.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

06en

Morning Briefing

Getting set up

Here comes the snow

A light dusting

Repeat Jr Patriot

Steady Hold Fators

We're in prep shooters

Rizzin

Thanks to Winkn'N'Blinkn for most of these pictures.

Day starts fairly nice
Winkin showing off her new hat
Safety Briefing at start of the day
Safety Briefing at start of the day
Sight-in Targets, already showing some snow
Snow blowing into the range
Wren and I shooting in the snow
Your Prep period begins!
LOAD!
More snow blowing in
What is the MOA of a snow flake?   javascript:void(0);
06en working on that answer javascript:void(0);
Its snowing
More snow on the MOA math
Snow sticks to targets?
Sight adjustments
Amy getting her Winterseed Rifleman patch

Others have picts of that little bit of snow chased us off for the day at about 2:30ish (I left the club house at 3:30 after Amy got her patch)

06en

Lunch with 3 Strikes

Unexpected Orange Hat

Yep, it's a Winterseed

Good form

Blanket of snow for padding

Ear protect helps keep ears warm

Found the targets

Strange, only 2 targets on that 4th stage

Congradulations Amy

Earl

Find targets, can one find the shooters? Great job there Amy, a Riflewoman overcomes the Global Warming.. and Yakima Cooling. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

splaticus

There were some hardcore patriots out there today!  Too bad the weather was a little nasty but hey, it makes for some good stories!  Thank you Todd and Emily for making the trip all the way down from Idaho and even though our kids didn't shoot very much today they still had a good time watching movies in the truck while my wife and I shot!  Looking forward to doing an appleseed that has tempertures above freezing! 

tim
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Evenstar

Great pictures, everyone, thanks. Brian, that orange hat snow man was YOUR idea, wasn't it? ::) Winkin not blinkin, that bright hat looks GOOD on you! ^:)^
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

OnlyHitsCount

Quote from: Western Rose on December 12, 2010, 12:11:13 AM
Congratulations Amy!!!

Thanks!  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

My only disappointment is that your family wasn't there! :(

The snow storm will make for great stories and I was really excited for my first patch to be the coll 'Winterseed' design!  O0

My sister, Emily, had a malfunction or she would have had her patch too!  She only got off 4 shots on round 3 of the AQT and still scored a 192!  So close!  Of course, she will be back.   ;)

Oh, and do I have to do a repeat in Idaho to get offered the Orange Hat?  I want to know how to get more involved!

Hope you all had fun at your shoot in Lewiston!

Amy
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

OnlyHitsCount

Quote from: Earl on December 12, 2010, 12:10:16 AM
Good job, good call on the weather and safety. ;) Congratulations Amy! O0 Since it is the season, you can have one good wish picture, wish y'all had been here in Carver Oregon at the Hanger, holiday lightfest outside, pizza and politics inside.

Thanks!  ^:)^

My hubby wasn't so sure that this was the best call, since he hadn't yet got his 'Winterseed' patch!  :'(  But we wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt on the drive home, so we'll be looking for another Winterseed in the near  future!  O0
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

SavageShootr

Congratulations Amy!! And in those conditions too. WOW very impressive.

You don't have to repeat in ID to progress. Though if you want your sister and husband to shoot the score and receive Winterseed patches there is an Appleseed on January 8-9 in Coeur d'Alene.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

06en

Quote from: Evenstar on December 12, 2010, 02:03:59 PM
Great pictures, everyone, thanks. Brian, that orange hat snow man was YOUR idea, wasn't it? ::) Winkin not blinkin, that bright hat looks GOOD on you! ^:)^

Actually Emily is the Master Mind. I was just an accomplice.   >:D

06en

The back county Sun Targets Rd had not seen a snow plow yet when I went to clean up.

So I have stands and backers all loaded up. Looking for another range in the Central Wa area. Will Travel  ;).

kDan

Congratulations Amy!  Cool patch.

We had it easy over here on the other side of the country.  Love to see the snow even in pictures.  Send some our way for January, gotta be better than rain.  It's a swamp over here.

Check out our lame "winterseed" - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19271.msg153303#msg153303
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

tdow

Thank you to all the shooters and the IIT's for having great attitudes despite the discomfort.  I was worried the weather would hinder the learning process until I saw the groups you guys were shooting.  I know we would have had a few more Riflemen if we were able to continue.

Great job, and I hope to see you again soon.

--Todd

Reformed Redneck

Wow! Thanks for posting all of the pictures.

Great job for all of the instructor staff (that is a good lookin' hat WNB) and all of the shooters. And special congratulations to Amy! Way to go. Just tell Todd to send in the info to the proper people in Appleseed, and we'll see that you get an orange hat the next time you show up.

Good call on the weather issue. Must have been a pretty interesting drive home.

Best (and warmest) regards to you all,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

TruTenacity

Amy!!!!  Whoohoo!  So glad to see pictures of you getting your patch.  Sure wish we could have been there.

We'd love to be there to see you take on the Orange hat, but don't wait for us, you'd be a great asset to AS anytime.  We won't be in CdA on January 8th.  I think we're taking on Lewiston January 22nd.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

MartiLynn

Congratulations Amy  - you're a trooper and much tougher than I!

Nice to meet, tho briefly, all the shooters that came out. Thank you to the folks who came out to teach, set-up and . . . stuff. Hope to see lots of you again under "slightly" friendlier weather conditions.

jerryinoregon

Congratulations Amy,
Looks like you guys had a "great" time last weekend. My nephews and i shot beside you and you son at the september CDA shoot. They used the skills learned their on their first deer hunt this year.

Will be out on the trail again this year (when the work schedule allows). We are also putting together a big group trip for Parump (Driving down- don't want to deal with TSA)if you know of any one who is interested. shoot me an email and i will give you some dates.
He that Hath No Sword Let Him Sell His Garment and Buy One- Luke 22:34

....from my cold dead hands....

molon labe

Johnnyappleseed

OMG ^5 to all attendee's (future and current Rifleman ) and Instructors .

Folks who truly know what they are about
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge