News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: San Luis Obispo (SLOSA), Ca 11&12 Dec 2010

Started by artkat2, December 13, 2010, 11:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artkat2

Saturday;
   4 shooters, Father and 10 y/o son and husband and wife. It would prove to be a nice family Saturday with perfect weather.

A good time was had by all accounts.

Saturdays am Redcoat saw 2 100 yard groups, as did the pm Redcoat, The difference between the am and pm redcoats was the amount learned between them.

The father and son team were Saturday only with a strong desire to return on Sunday, but urgent matters let them stop by just long enough to say how much fun they had and that they would be back (they live closer to the Piru AO (lookout Piru crew!)). Our young man was awarded the Junior achiever patch, and instantly recalled the story of Luther Blanchard as well as the "jobs" of the fifers and drummers in the events of our history (sharp kid!). With a little perseverance, He will earn another patch before he turns 11!

Sunday saw the return of our Husband and wife team. Our husband (shooting a straight stocked, tube fed, lever action Henry with a sight radius of about 7" ;)) topped out around 160 or 170. Our wife (head squirrel shooter in charge in her neighborhood) was not far behind with her tube fed Marlin (and later a 795 LTR). A little persistence will take them both a long way!
   Our husband also expressed a desire to be a part of future Appleseeds. Since I know where he works, I'll be putting that desire under an orange hat very soon!

Our Sunday Redcoats were both the same with 2 100 yard groups and alternating HS (hubby in the am, wife in the pm).

History and heritage was well received by all.

Thanks to all the shooters for giving us your weekend! Thanks also to Garand56 for coming to the coast. I've got to work hard to be half the Shoot boss he is!

SBIT; artkat2
SB;    Garand56
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Dano

Sorry I could not  be there, but Eureka called, wow is that a long drive! Glad to hear everything went so well.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Garand56

Artkat2 did a fine job-one more and he's an "official" SB. SLO was great as always. You couldn't ask for better weather, and even though the turnout was small I think everyone had a fine time. I always like to see an AS end with everyone ready to return. See you all in SLO in 2011.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC