News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced IBC w/ Fred - Burlington Flats NY

Started by Another D.O.M., October 13, 2010, 10:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

Here it is folks - the first ever Advanced Instructor Boot Camp w/ Fred as lead instructor: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17664.0;topicseen.

This is an advanced class for any instructor IIT3 and above - all the way up to MIs.  There is no better way to learn how to run Appleseed Events the way the program's founder intends them to be run - because the lead instructor is the program's founder!  It just doesn't get any better than this.  We have seating for 30 attendees (well, 29 now 'cause I've already signed up) so sign up for this opportunity NOW!  Don't wait, seats for this one will go fast.  Do it now!  The registration link is included on the above page; but since I'm such a helpful guy, here it is again: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/954718589.  Pay no attention to the bit about a $70 fee for adult males - Fred says these are FREE to ALL!  So just register as an Instructor Refresher - but register NOW!  This invitation is not limited to NYS instructors - folks from all over the country are welcome to attend (see what I mean about seats going fast?).

As with all IBCs there is no shooting at this event, just classroom instruction.  Bring your copy of Paul Revere's Ride and a copy of the current Appleseed Instructor Manual.  There is free camping available in the heated clubhouse at Burlington Flats thanks to the generosity and hospitality of the host club, the Burlington Flats Fish and Game Club.  Amenities include his & hers restrooms w/ cold water (but no showers) and a full kitchen.  

This is December in upstate NY and the weather is unpredictable - it may be sunny and in the 60s, or it may be overcast and snowing.  Dress and pack accordingly for this one, as there will be little time for treating either heat stroke or frostbite!  Yes, I did say the instruction was inside the heated clubhouse - but you have to go outside to stretch your legs at some point, don't you...

BTW, in case I neglected to mention this, SIGN UP FOR THIS ONE NOW, before it's too late and you have to go to MA or NH where it's REALLY COLD in the winter.  Here's the link again: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/954718589
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

B9

There are enough shoots in the area before Dec that it is possiable for an IIT, 1 or 2 to get to IIT3 by then.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

sgtrock

sgtrock

gunville

I'm registered.

Is there a description of what's in the advanced IBC?

With the way this thing came together so quickly I think the NY motto should be WGSD.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

sgtrock

Quote from: gunville on October 15, 2010, 12:21:00 AM
I'm registered.

With the way this thing came together so quickly I think the NY motto should be
QuoteWGSD.
What does this mean

B9

Quote from: sgtrock on October 15, 2010, 09:17:05 AM
Quote from: gunville on October 15, 2010, 12:21:00 AM
I'm registered.

With the way this thing came together so quickly I think the NY motto should be
QuoteWGSD.
What does this mean

We get stuff done.
Medea Benjamin

boltgun71

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

sgtrock

Remember Guys,,, It is hunting season here during that time, so don't forget your hardware, there are things to hunt 24/7 around here...  our club has roughly 105 acres to play on,,, and an indoor small bore rifle and pistol range for those who like to stay indoors,,,

you never know, so come prepared

sgtrock

Josey Wales

..I will.. SgtRock..
..License, gut knife, camo, ect... 308, 223, 22lr, Deer, coyote, squirrel, and anything else you can think of.....not all is 24/7 but hell theres Fri afternoon, and....well we will find some time.......I hope............JW.........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Odin

Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

nyrasgt

Am registered; working on being able to do a CPR/AED/First Aid class as part of weekend, for $4-5 rather than the usual $50 or more...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

kDan

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

Medea Benjamin

Dakota

I am registered, and I will be making the 267 mile trek solo EARLY on Saturday.
If anyone changes plans and wants to ride up together let me know.
I can possibly switch to Friday PM if needed.
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

B9

Quote from: Dakota on December 02, 2010, 10:01:33 AM

Glad to see you are coming.
I know Josey Wales and VietVet are carpooling also. Knowing how heavy JW rolls, VV will be strapped to the roof.
Medea Benjamin

kDan

Quote from: B9 on December 02, 2010, 10:18:12 AM
Quote from: Dakota on December 02, 2010, 10:01:33 AM

Glad to see you are coming.
I know Josey Wales and VietVet are carpooling also. Knowing how heavy JW rolls, VV will be strapped to the roof.

I guess we'll have to eat the whole deer they're gonna shoot tomorrow then.  Been a while since anybody in Queens saw a buck strapped the the hood of a truck.  Hang it from the telephone pole... 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

jmdavis

Quote from: kDan on December 02, 2010, 01:03:37 PM

I guess we'll have to eat the whole deer they're gonna shoot tomorrow then.  Been a while since anybody in Queens saw a buck strapped the the hood of a truck.  Hang it from the telephone pole... 

I like your imagery kDan. I like it alot.

I've never seen a deer skinned from a phone pole, but I have skinned them on the back of a tailgate. Take the meat inside, soak the backstraps in vinegar and water in the sink. Dip thin slices in flour and then pan fry in a cast iron skillet. Served with eggs, biscuits and gravy it's the best breakfast around.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Another D.O.M.

So are we all ready for this?

The forecast calls for temps hovering near the freezing point and random snow showers throughout much of the weekend.  The wind on top of that hill should bring the wind chill factor down into the teens or even single digits.  I'm sure thankful that the Burlington Flats F&G Club offered us the use of their heated clubhouse!

kDan - do you have insulation for that tent or should I bring a few rolls along?

See you all tomorrow or Saturday - and safe traveling to everyone!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Fred

I should be there about 7 PM.

And looking forward to it... :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

sgtrock

We are at the club and awaiting your arrival,,, will be off the net till sunday night

sgtrock

LittleMo

Sue (aka "The Mrs.") and I are registered and will be there!   O0
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Joeteck

Hello guys. This is essentially my first post... I had the honor of meeting SgtRock this part weekend as well as the owner of the game club (I'm assuming), Pat and father-in-law, John. I have a youtube video of the gun club, as I was so fascinated and intrigued on the entire time I was there. We were given incredible hospitality and look forward to going again...

Joe

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0aPXXAD5Q&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL